Updated March 2, 2:07 pm EST
Sometimes tidbits of Expanded Universe news will appear online that don’t really require an entire article from us. While you can catch these links on our Facebook and Twitter pages, you may miss them if you only follow this website. Starting this week, we’ll be posting a weekly EU Link Roundup. It will contain all of the stories that you shouldn’t miss, and will be updated throughout the week. Contests for The Old Republic: Deceived and a possible new novel title highlight this week’s list.
- Author Paul S. Kemp is giving away two copies of his The Old Republic: Deceived novel, in audiobook form. “Surreal hearing your book performed (with sound FX!). Also awesomely awesome.”, Paul says on Twitter.
- The cover for the March issue of Star Wars Insider has been revealed. Kemp’s original short story, “The Third Lesson”, will appear in this issue.
- John Jackson Miller has released his novel notes for Knight Errant (containing spoilers). His new blog post announces the winners of the Knight Errant contest, and links to appearances on several podcasts this week.
- Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff, author of the upcoming Shadow Games and Coruscant Nights IV: Jedi Dawn, mentioned another Star Wars book in her latest blog. She writes that she is working on a novel “tentatively entitled Star Wars: The Last Jedi“. Our friends at Knights Archive contacted Bohnhoff, and she says The Last Jedi is the new tentative title for Jedi Dawn. ”I noted that Jedi Dawn has already been used for another book and Michael really likes the title Last Jedi. So we’re calling it that for the time being. Who knows what title it will actually go to print with” says Bohnhoff.
- Drew Karpyshyn has completed the first draft of his “secret book project”, which we continue to assume is the third The Old Republic novel. We’ve been told that Bioware and Lucasfilm are waiting until an upcoming major conference, possibly SDCC, to reveal more information about the novel. Drew goes into detail about the process of publishing a book in his latest blog entry.
- Do you think voicing one character in The Clone Wars would be a challenge? Try voicing three characters in one episode! James Arnold Taylor gives insight into his triple role in the latest episodes of the TV show.
- Artwork by Paul Pope has been approved for Star Wars Art: Comics, says author/editor J. W. Rinzler.
- Artist Chris Trevas shares two new pieces for the Star Wars Galaxy Series #6.
- The Star Wars Craft Book, by Bonnie Burton, goes on sale March 29th. The folks at Del Rey already have their hands on the book.
- Don’t forget to download a free copy of Star Wars: The Lost Tribe of the Sith #6: Sentinel. As Del Rey reminds us – it’s FREE!