Dave Filoni, supervising director of The Clone Wars animated TV show, was part of a Q&A during Star Wars Weekends at Disney World in Florida today. Filoni provided plenty of hints and new pieces of information about Season 5 of The Clone Wars. We’ve collected the information, reported by Tosche Station Radio, below.
- The Onderon arc will tie in with the formation of Rebels and will foreshadow the Rebel Alliance.
- Season 5 will expand on Darth Maul and show all his mechanations as a Sith. We’ll learn more about Maul’s resurrection and Mother Talzin in future episodes. As far as why Maul was brought back? “George told me to”, says Filoni.
- Dave says that there are more tough times ahead for Obi-Wan Kenobi. Considering he got beat up pretty often and ruthlessly in the second half of Season 4, fans may have expected a break for the Jedi Master. But with Darth Maul alive, Obi-Wan is probably in for an awful ride. On Obi-Wan’s relationship with Duchess Satine, Filoni remarked that “Sorrow can be so sweet sometimes.”
- Asajj Ventress with pair up with someone more interesting than Obi-Wan in the show.
- Fives, the ARC trooper and only remaining member of the Domino Squad, will be appear again as a main character.
- An episode of Season 5 might premiere at Star Wars Celebration VI in August.
Thanks to Tosche Station for providing excellent coverage of the event for those who couldn’t attend!
A new clip from Season 5 was shown during the event, and it has now appeared online courtesy of Youtube. The clip shows the bounty hunter Embo engaging Anakin, Padme, and Rush Clovis in snowy chase.