There have been a number of interesting shake-ups in the Star Wars podcast community as of late. The ForceCast is no more, with the former hosts moving to the all-new RebelForce Radio, and EUCantina’s very own EUCast – which has been on hiatus for more than a year – is set to finally make its triumphant return on Monday. But there are a number of great Star Wars podcasts, hosted by fans of every sort. Here’s a list of some of the most prominent Star Wars podcasts on the internet, as well as a few of our favorites. A few may be familiar, while others might surprise you. All, however, deserve a listen.
EUCantina’s Solo Sound Podcasts
EUCantina’s first podcast, EUCast is a fun-filled show dedicated to exploring our love of the Expanded Universe, as well as the films and television shows. The hosts of most of the other Solo Sound podcasts got their start on EUCast, and it quickly became a fan-favorite. Unfortunately, the podcast went on hiatus on October 28, 2011, only to return for two “Remixed” episodes in May and September of 2012. But EUCast will finally return – this time, for good – on January 21, 2013, complete with all of your favorite segments, interviews, discussions, and more!
The official Clone Wars review podcast of EUCantina and Solo Sound, We Talk Clones is dedicated to reviewing and dissecting each and every episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. While the three primary hosts are always present, they usually like to bring on a guest for a fourth (and sometimes even fifth) opinion. You’ll be hard-pressed not to enjoy this show, even if the hosts do make bad puns from time to time.
A production put on by both Tosche-Station.net and Solo Sound, Tosche Station Radio is equipped with strong enthusiasm and a vast knowledge of all things Star Wars and geek-related. Be prepared for lots of geek culture news, discussion, and even snark in this fun podcast.
EUCantina’s Top Picks
In addition to our own Solo Sound podcasts listed above, our staff favorites include:
The Star Wars Report is a fun and enjoyable podcast dedicated to covering all aspects of Star Wars fandom, from the films, TV shows, and the EU to event coverage and more. While the podcast is primarily devoted to Star Wars, the hosts will occasionally touch on other fandoms too. The hosts are great at what they do, and they got their start right here on EUCantina with EUCast and The Bothan Report!
The official Expanded Universe podcast of The Star Wars Report, Star Wars Beyond the Films delves into all aspects of the EU, including the books, comics, video games, television shows, and much more. The show has its roots in ChronoRadio and The EU Review, and the hosts have a deep knowledge and enthusiasm for the material.
The 20-ton gorilla in the room, RebelForce Radio is set to carry over the audience, connections, and production quality of The ForceCast. The show is dedicated to all things Star Wars, but the hosts are particularly enthusiastic about the films, television series, and fandom, as well as Billy Dee Williams, Kitster, and Ben Quadinaros.
Republic Forces Radio Network is a weekly show released when The Clone Wars is on the air - and sometimes even when it’s not - that serves to review all aspects of the television series. Using a panel of people instead of regular “hosts,” the podcast aims to give various perspectives on the episodes of the show while also playing and responding to a large amount of listener input.
The Star Wars Underground caters to fans of everything Star Wars, from the movies to The Clone Wars, Expanded Universe, and more. The show is recorded live, and the hosts aim to inform and entertain with news, discussions, and timely interviews.
Other Great Star Wars Podcasts
- 501st Legion – 501st Legion costuming organization
- A Few Good Clones - The Clone Wars
- Bombad Radio – News and discussion
- Boring Conversation Anyway - Toys, news, artwork, t-shirts, videos, Clone Wars, books, and more
- Corellian Run Radio - The Old Republic
- Curto Burns Collectors Cast – Collecting
- Dark Empire Radio - The Dark Empire costuming organization, interviews, events, and fan fiction
- Frontlines: The Clone Wars Podcast – The Clone Wars
- Full of Sith – News and discussion
- Mando’ade - Mandalorian Mercs costuming organization
- R2 in 22 – News and discussion
- Saber Chats - Saber Guild costuming group
- Sith Empire Radio – Star Wars and more
- Star Wars Action News - Collecting
- Star Wars Book Report – Book reviews, interviews, and debates
- Star Wars Bookworms – Star Wars literature reviews and discussion
- Star Wars Collectors Archive Podcast - Collecting
- Star Wars In Character – In-depth character discussions
- Star Wars Miniverse - Star Wars Miniatures game
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Official Podcast - The Old Republic
- The Cantina Cast - The Old Republic
- The GalaxyCast - News, discussion, and reviews
- The Sarlacc Pit - News and discussion
- The Smuggler’s Den – Star Wars Living Card Game (LCG)
- The Wampa’s Lair – An in-depth look at the films, EU, and TV shows
- This Week in Star Wars – News and discussion
Do you know of a podcast that we accidentally left off the list? Let us know in the comments!
Update: The Star Wars Bookworms podcast was also just announced, bringing the count up to two new podcasts (including Full of Sith) and two rebooted podcasts in just over a week.
This piece wouldn’t have been possible without the help of Star Wars Fanworks, which tracks all of the Star Wars “fan radio shows.” Also, please note that while there are many great Star Wars podcasts, it would be difficult to listen to every single one on a regular basis. As a result, the shows listed under our “Top Picks” are merely our staff favorites. Podcasts that are inaccessible or have not been updated in more than six months were not included.