As you may have heard, an interview in Star Wars: Insider # 99 is having a profound effect on the Star Wars fan base. Why? Well, as you may have the guessed from the title it contains news about the Live Action TV Series. Star Wars Insider sat down with Rick McCallum, Star Wars prequel producer, in September to discuss bascially the TV Series. His comments were very interesting. Unfortunately, some of them may not hold true to right now. However, we’ve taken some points of interest for you so you can see:
- The show has a small group of artist already, including Erik Tiemens, who worked on Episodes II & III
- Has 6 talented writers hired already
- They (Rick and George) wanted to meet with the writers in November, but the writers’ strike may have detoured that. (We will try and find information about that.)
- The first meeting will be about a week long to discuss the characters and put a story together
- First script may be done as soon as February, with the first season script finishing in June.
- Hoping for an late 08′, or early 09′ , start for shooting and is aiming for 100 episodes.
- You can expect all new characters, as well as an”instrumental” role in Boba Fett!
- Each episode will contain its own musical score
- It is still unknown who will broadcast it and when it will air.
While some of this is already known, confirmation was nice to see. For the entire interview please check out Star Wars Insider 99′s Com-Scan segment.