Aush's Cantina Guidelines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aush's Cantina Guidelines
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:09 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to Aush's Cantina! Named for one of the three original administrators of EUCantina, this is the general Star Wars Miscellaneous discussion area. The guidelines here are generally the same as anywhere else on the EUCantina, with a few little exceptions. Please be sure you are familiar with this area before posting.

* General forum etiquette is required. You should have read the EUCantina Board Guidelines/ FAQ by now. If not, please do so before posting here. All members are expected to adhere to general guidelines and rules.

* Post coherently. Use of a spellchecker is encouraged, and please try not to assault our eyes with hard-to-read colors, excessive exclamation points and an overabundance of dancing smiles. Unlock your caps button as well, for a much easier to read post. Please refrain from using obscene language in this area. While other areas of the forum may be a bit more lax, I personally prefer to keep the conversations in here free of unnecessary profanity.

* You may NOT post content that is harassing, abusive, or threatening towards any member of this forum. Racial slurs, sexual harassment, bashing of another member's race, gender, religious beliefs or sexual preferences will not be tolerated. Period.

* NO spamming!

* Trolling and sockpuppeting is frowned upon by the EuCantina moderators and admins. If you encounter a troll or a sockpuppet, don't feed them. It makes them not want to leave. It's best to ignore these poor attention-starved individuals, as they will be dealt with by staff. Instead, just contact a mod or admin and we'll take care of the problem immediately.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me or a staff member a private message. Unpleasantness out of the way, please enjoy yourselves here, at Aush's Cantina.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

What is Trolling/Sockpuppeting???

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Trolls are those who post only to cause problems. They purposely post things to aggravate and incite arguments.

Sockpuppets, I believe, are users with multiple accounts. Generally multiple accounts so they can get away with spamming or trolling spread across the board. It allows them to continue causing problems even if one of their accounts is banned.

At least those are my understandings of the terms.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes.

A troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term—a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock—originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an internet community who spoke to, or about himself while pretending to be another person. The term now includes other uses of misleading online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a third party or organization, or to circumvent a suspension or ban from a website. A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:57 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Can't MODS just identify puppets through their IP address?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

It's possible but some people have static IPs, and others do not, so it may not be possible all the time.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:35 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I really like the star war... Sad
cheap leather jackets for women http://www.thejacketsmall.com/popular/cheap-leather-jackets-for-women.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

look there's one now!
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

By George! It's a Sockpuppeting Troll Shocked

I thought they were extinct in these here parts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mad Wook wrote:
Can't MODS just identify puppets through their IP address?

You can also use any of a number of proxies to hide your IP. Trolls will do that although the less knowledgeable ones don't which trips them up if the staff is savvy enough to check the IPs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:10 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

harrybro wrote:
I really like the star war... Sad

Best. Post. Ever.

And welcome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 1