Over-rated Stuff....ScarFace and.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Over-rated Stuff....ScarFace and.....
 PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well..wats the most over-rated movie/actor/anything=)...

ScarFace....that movie....."sighs"...why do sooo many ppl like it...they worship that movie....Tony Montana....sure that names gota nice ring to it...but other then that=p...nuthin...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

People her are going to hate me, but Star Wars, incredibly boring and uninteresting, if not for the sequels I never would have been a fan of the franchise. There are others, but I'll leave it at this one for now.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Um...not hating you. But very confused! So you hated A New Hope? Wow...first impressions and all that, I'm rather surprised you're here! Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, ANH is my favorite SW and probably my favorite movie of all time. I could watch it again and again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sorry to hear that, I love them all. But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Um...not hating you. But very confused! So you hated A New Hope? Wow...first impressions and all that, I'm rather surprised you're here! Confused

I actually saw Empire Strikes Back first, so that was my first impression, and while I initially enjoyed SW as the years went by I liked it less and less as a film. The SW geek in me still enjoys it, but when I look at it from a film watcher viewpoint I see a very flawed movie that isn't all that good.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, I see! That's right, you're a film critic of sorts. Well I'm glad your Star Wars geek side is still able to enjoy it. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:11 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

CMonnnn...ppl...SW isnt over-rated...especially nt the SW:EU---
____
I was talkin abt ScarFace...i dont like that movie one bit...
Angelina Jolie is Over-Rated...and so was Wanted!!!
__________________--

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:59 am Reply with quote  

Titanic gets my stamp of OVERRATED.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dark Knight is overrated. Great movie, but wow did I get sick of hearing about it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The BBC Pride and Prejudice. Oh, do I hate that version with a passion! Now...normally I don't even like those types of movies (Sense and Sensability, Emma, Jane Eyre, etc.), but the new Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite movies. It was so extremely well done (and I don't give a care if it doesn't follow the book word for word), and I just fall for it every time. For a 2 and a half hour movie, I can watch it over and over again without getting tired of it.

Anyway, my point is that most girls (who like that type of thing) would die for the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. They think it's just heaven or something. And I'm here to tell you that you will fall asleep, and/or run away screaming before you get very far into it. The 'ball' in the beginning consists of about 10 people. Confused

So anyway...that's one movie I can think of. Oh, another one: Citizen Kane.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@ Mara Jade Skywalker

Gotta fight you on the Citizen Kane thing. I loved it

You know what's overrated though? Brokeback Mountain. Has anyone seen that who really thought it deserved all the recognition it got? It didn't make a positive statement for homosexuals, it wasn't bold and daring, it was just plain pointless and retarded and boring with a gay sex scene. Seriously, one of the worst movies ever made. Poor Heath Ledger had to portray the Joker to make up for how unnecessary that movie was, and lets hope Jake makes up for being the other star in that movie with Prince of Persia. Just plain boring movie. My gay friend hated it for crying out loud.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:01 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

lol..i didnt even bother watching Brokeback Mountain>>>(Nothing agnst the theme)
And caedus_16 has a point...Citizen Kane was fun.... Smile ....
And Titanic wasnt half-bad either=p...but yes its over-rated...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Titanic is rather overrated, but I still enjoy it. I also have no idea how the heck they got a PG-13 rating for that. Nudity? Strong language in the beginning? Sexual content? Hmm...seems somebody had friends in MPAA places.

As for Citizen Kane, I did like the movie, so don't get me wrong. It's just I don't see how it can be the most classic movie ever. I didn't think it was that good. But of course we're all entitled to our opinions. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:45 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'll side with Fatafist on Scarface, other than the very end, with "say hello to my little friend!", totally overrated movie, and in my opinion, not all that deserving of it's cult status. Twisted Evil

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 2