Your Most Prized Collector's Possession
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Either my Boba Fett collection or my Sith stuff. I have a Sith symbolic pendant, one of the headbands, and A Vader's Lightsaber hilt from the collection. My friend has created a custom Vergere action figure and a custom Lumiya. I'm kind of impressed by them, but he won't make me any and won't tell me how he made them and won't sell them to me so I'm stuck in my envy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:51 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm kind of impressed by them, but he won't make me any and won't tell me how he made them and won't sell them to me so I'm stuck in my envy.[/quote]

Don't be stuck in envy, do what any Sith would do, find the knowledge you need and out do the opponent.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revanů and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." Darth Malak from KOTOR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote  

Or steal his figures... Twisted Evil

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And perhaps destroy their means of creating more?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote  

*bows to Caedus_16's ubber sithiness*

Ha! That's a good one. Twisted Evil

As much as I like my Star Wars figures, and even my FX lightsaber, I think my Star Wars reference books are probably my most prized possession in terms of sheer use. My best reference book would probably be the Ultimate Alien Anthology which has lots of pictures and info on the various Star Wars aliens.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote  

Was surfing around and found this on starwars.com. It reminded me that I have two of these in storage Very Happy

Kenner Death Star Playset

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You have two of those...really?! Where'd you get 'em?

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote  

Yard sale Very Happy

Believe it or not, the person had one of the plastic kiddy pools full of the vintage Kenner star wars figures, playsets, ships, and vehicles. I said "how much for all of it?" I can't remember what the price was, 50 bucks or less, then I said "I'll take it!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mine might be my Mara action figure. It's not expensive I just never thought they'd make one.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I have a limited edition of The Art of Ralph McQuarrie metal card set. The metal cards are gorgeous! It's by far, my most prized possession in terms of SW, besides my books.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Tough call - either the big mil. falcon or my replica Storm Trooper helmet or Ep 6 Luke Skywalker Forcefx saber.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

My Kenner version of the Millennium Falcon. Sadly, it's not it very great condition, but I have to put it at the top because it's my only Kenner item that got handed down and that I didn't have to buy off of Ebay.

Also, my 1977 figures are sweet, but getting them online doesn't make me feel as accomplished. I'd rather have had to hunt down each one over the years. But, it was a good deal. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a picture of the Kenner Falcon: http://www.geocities.com/starwarstrader_nz/images/1980_toltoys_millenium_falcon.jpg

Now, the caption for that picture says 1980, but mine says 1977 on the bottom, so I figure the above one is a slightly different version.

Mine is missing the ramp, satellite, gun, top of the cockpit, and most of the stickers. I've been looking for somewhere that might sell these pieces separately so I can fix it up, but nothing so far. Anyone know of a place that would sell that kind of stuff?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

pray that ebay will. They have the most random stuff on there sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote  

That reminds me....I need to pick up a junk IG-88 with a good arm so I can fix my near mint one up. It's the 14" Kenner one. I have Vader whose in good shape. And Chewie too. My old Falcon is also missing a few pieces, but it's almost fittingly so. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 2 of 5