Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Really? Wow...so they didn't even take into consideration that you had the flu? I'm just coming out of it these last couple days, and I am so glad that I was off of school this week. There's no way I could have gone. And I didn't feel like reading, either! I couldn't get on the computer or watch TV (head hurt so bad), couldn't read because I couldn't focus, and just generally felt like sleeping all day. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep because I ached everywhere, so I just pretty much stared at the wall. But anyway, I know how you felt, and I'm surprised your teacher didn't give you some leeway! Poor Reep.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:14 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Hate those types of people. In one class there was a guy who was obsessed about Japanese culture and loved waving his "knowledge" in front of everyone's faces. One time he bragged during a class presentation that when he visited Japan his sensei had entrusted him with special scrolls containing sacred knowledge (he then produced them to show us he wasn't lying) but then said that we were not worthy of being allowed to actually see what the scrolls contained. He irritated me so much I had the evil thought at that moment of "so if I stole those would you have to commit ritual suicide for failing in your duty?" I didn't act on it but boy was he irritating me that day.

I. Feel. Your. Pain. Greatly.
This girl was like that, but to the point of being called Wapanese. And unlike that kid she lied. Hell, she still does so I should reword that to "lies".
She claims she was taught under the best Anime drawer in Japan, and (No offense but I have to be truthful) her art is really not that great. Mine isn't but I don't go around claiming I was taught under some master. I never was.

Then she thinks she's top Anime Chick. And if you ever try to out-Anime her you got one a HORRIBLE war on your hands. She lies to people claiming she can read Japanese. And she can't. She steals Chinese art, claims it's her's and that it's Japanese when the symbols are clearly Chinese. I caught her stealing art once recently on her forum site she made and she had stolen a picture of an Asian man and his horse claiming she drew it. I told her "__________ I've seen that before in a guy's Deviantart page. His signature is RIGHT at the bottom."
I don't condone art theft or encourage it, but damn, if you're going to steal do it the right way.
So now I keep a VERY close eye on her. If she keeps stealing I'll just contact the owner on his/her Deviantart/art hosting page.

And she is a HORRIBLE hypocrite.
Many days ago we had a pep rally at my school. Well I was watching the cheerleaders cheer and a lot of them didn't have faith in each other.
So I went to my friend (Who was next to the girl I speak of) and started talking about how the cheer squad was bad, not because of their tricks but because of their lack of faith with each other and the girl butts in saying "All cheerleaders are the same, they're stupid stuck up preps who think everyone like the geeks and emos and goths are dirt. They're all the same." and I looked at her, one for being interrupted and two to reply to her comment. I replied "Um, my older sister was a cheerleader and she wasn't stuck up or mean, and she was nice to everyone." and her reply? "Well then your sister wasn't a cheerleader."
Oh yes, those pompoms and cheer outfits were parts of my imagination.
So I told turned away pretty mad.
I continue my cheerleader talk with my friend and she interrupts YET again.
This time trying to tell me that it was factual that preps and cheerleaders were "Stupid, anorexic, blonde, stuck up *******" and that I shouldn't talk to them. So I got mad at her stereotyping of people she didn't even know. So I went off and said "You know what that's not factual, that's stereotypical, and don't even disagree (I saw her shaking her head and she started saying 'No I'm not') because it IS stereotypical. That is EXACTLY equivalent of me saying all emos cut themselves." she yelled at me "I HATE that! I HATE when people say that! It's so stereotypical!"

How hypocritical is that?
Just remembering her and how she acts gets me mad DX

>>>>>>>>>>>>"Oh man I shot Marvin in the face."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Really? Wow...so they didn't even take into consideration that you had the flu? I'm just coming out of it these last couple days, and I am so glad that I was off of school this week. There's no way I could have gone. And I didn't feel like reading, either! I couldn't get on the computer or watch TV (head hurt so bad), couldn't read because I couldn't focus, and just generally felt like sleeping all day. Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep because I ached everywhere, so I just pretty much stared at the wall. But anyway, I know how you felt, and I'm surprised your teacher didn't give you some leeway! Poor Reep.

Oh you had it too? Sad
It was one weird experience (not being able to read, for me, is torture). I guess if you haven't had it, it would sound pretty ridiculous that you couldn't read, but oh well...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote  

Well I hope you and Mara are both feeling better. Good luck sorting through any make up work!

Janthinos: Sounds like that girl is a piece of work. One can only hope she doesn't plague future generations with children (I know I've met people who I think would be doing the world a favor by not reproducing). Back when I was in high school though a number of cheerleaders were in-crowders and not exactly nice (to put it politely) though some were kinder than others. If it is any help there was a girl in my high school who thought she was so very smart and destined for greatness. Now she is on the path to not being much of anything so maybe this irritating girl will have the same deal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks, SV. I'm feeling a lot better, and am at school. I probably shouldn't be, but it's a very important day. If I relapse, well...least I'll have the weekend to get over it. Smile

So...have you ever seen someone wearing a Star Wars shirt and it just insulted you in every possible way? I am feeling that way at this very moment. Evil or Very Mad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
So...have you ever seen someone wearing a Star Wars shirt and it just insulted you in every possible way? I am feeling that way at this very moment. Evil or Very Mad

Daily actually Mara. You should meet this dude. Might take the edge off between you and whoever you just saw wearing one.

Gripe of the day: Banks. Bank of America is currently involved in a multi-action lawsuit for extortion with customers. They're in such financial trouble that they are taking measures to not quite encourage but make it easier for customers to overdraw or make mistakes with accounts which result in fees that mill fund the bank and keep them alive longer, but with the lawsuit they may not last another full year. I was one of the people. I lost a reciept and that one lost reciept has cost me $200 in hidden fees and unseen charges. Anyone else have issues with banks?

P.S. Yes, I realize it was irresponsible of me to lose that reciept, but they had no right to do things the way they did. If you wanna know more about what went down I'll tell you, but I'm too cranky right now. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Here's my anti-gripe for the day: Remember the whole flu thing? Apparently, coming up, we get to do a book report on any book we want! I'm doing a Narnia book, if only just to catch up with my marks!

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, here's my gripe:

I caused my first car accident today. Have had a clean record for five years, this would be my first offense. I want to go ahead and mention this, so there's no misunderstanding: It was my fault. And I completely realize that. However, there's more to the story.

I was stopped, second car in line, at a stop sign. The car in front of me let off the brakes and proceeded to take off into the traffic. So I also let off the brakes, began to ease forward, and turned to check the traffic to see if I could also go. When I had my head turned, I ran into the car ahead of me. After beginning to take off, they hit the brakes again because a car came out of nowhere and they had to stop to keep from being hit. It was a solid smack, but nothing life threatening. The driver of the car ahead got out and so did I. We checked the back of their car and the front of mine. My car had absolutely no damage, their white car had received no extra paint, and there were only a couple of hairline scratches to prove we had hit. I continually repeated how sorry I was, and tried to explain what had happened. Despite this, and despite the lack of damage, the other driver completely ignored me, turned his back on me while I was talking to him, pulled out his phone, and called 911 to report an accident. Two firetrucks came, and two police cars. The driver's wife proceeded to complain that I had "almost knocked her head off". I was so upset...I was trying as hard as I could not to cry (didn't quite succeed). The police came, took notes, and decided there wasn't enough damage to issue a ticket. I was extremely thankful, to say the least. But what has made me so aggravated was the extremely rude attitude of the other driver. He was just elderly enough to be cranky, if you know what I mean. I got the impression, "Young, inattentive, reckless driver...she deserves five years." And that's mainly what had me so upset. One of the police officers, after checking the 'damage' to both vehicles, said (behind the wife's back), "I don't see how it could have almost knocked her head off." And he rolled his eyes. So I'm not the only one that thought they were exaggerating. And I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that if our roles had been reversed, I wouldn't have given it a second thought and would have proceeded on my way.

So anyway, that's my gripe of the day. It was my fault, and I understand that, but there was no reason to blow it all out of proportion. Hmph.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, I totally know what your talking about. My sister hit someone at like 2 miles an hour, and left absolutely nothing behind. No dents, no scratches, nothing. The driver later tried to get her to pay for a completely new paint job, multiple sessions with a chiropractor, etc. Luckily he lost the case.

There tons of jerks in this world, and unfortunatly you bumped into one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yep, I know the feeling, almost the exact same thing happened to me once, except the that I got a ticket. Mad Sheesh!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Aw, that sucks, Mara.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:58 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

At least you are safe and healthy! I know the very first time I got into a car accident I was beside myself w/ shock, horror, and crying like a fool. It sounds like you were very composed and mature about it. Still, it sucks being in a collision.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, that's right Mandy. Gotta remember that. And I was slightly composed, but I did have trouble keeping the tears to a minimum. So I definitely know how you felt. I just couldn't even believe it had happened. Sad

And sorry JP...too bad you had to get a ticket. I think the police in my situation realized that there was no reason to call it in, so they let it go. I'm so grateful for that.

I didn't have a fender bender, because nothing was bent. But my sisters have decided it was a bumper thumper. Wink

And @Autobon: I gotta love that phrase. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, a gripe of the day in the same thread of car accidents...

I was walking out to my car from class, using the designated crosswalk like a good boy, and this little old lady who apparently is nearly blind drove up at 20 mph and hit me in the hip. I rolled over the front of her car and she kept driving. She pulled back into the parking lot while I limped away. She rolled the window down and said sorry. I said I didn't think I was really hurt and then she squinted and asked if I was a girl or a boy, and those of you who've been to the 'post a picture of yourself' thread know I'm a dude. She couldn't tell and I was literally like three feet in front of her face. Seriously, I shoulda called the cops on her, but I have an unpaid parking ticket so yeah... But yeah, old people who can't see or think straight should be mature enough to admit it and get a cheffeur or something.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:44 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Jeez Caedus. I'd be bawling my eyes out. I'm not good at speed or anything, but 20mph sounds REALLY fast. My friend once was riding her bike and a lady hit her and my friend went flying into the air. Luckily she landed on grass. I thought she was going to die and oh my gosh D:

I almost got hit at full speed by multiple of things while walking.
A B.A Sweeties truck, an ice cream truck ( Don't ask ;-; ), a truck and many small cars.

I don't really have a gripe for TODAY, because it's a new day. (I stayed up all night cause I'm nocturnal) but yesterday we were planning for my brothers birthday and all my sister did was yell at people, make fun of our little brother and just all in all be a terrible person. I don't like my brother but I tried my best to make that day happy, we're celebrating it today. XD

Another gripe, or well maybe a 'future gripe', is that my brother invited his bully to his birthday party o.o
I told my brother to tell him if he messed my brothers day up or hurt my brother at his party, that I was going to eat him alive starting from the digits and onto the arms. I don't know if the kid is going to come now but that kid was a serious bully to my brother. I don't know what possessed my brother to invite him. My brother's excuse "He said he changed."
The kid also said that six hundred millions times before, and the next day my brother ended up with black eyes, and his stuff stolen and etcetera.

Lol I'll put on a grumpy pug face and every time the kid comes near me to freak him out I'm going to breathe like a pug. >:C
Ewww pug breathing.

>>>>>>>>>>>>"Oh man I shot Marvin in the face."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 194