Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:20 am Reply with quote  

@Mara: that lady complaining about her head falling off = pure wimp. I hit a concrete wall at 60 mph and I got T-boned at 40+ mph. Both times I crawled out of the car without a complaint (though not without pain). Some people are just ignorant, sissified morons. That's just plain rude that they blew you off like that.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, here's a gripe:

People selling Star Wars stuff who apparently know nothing about Star Wars. Why are they in possession of the stuff anyway? Now I suppose it's not illegal or anything, but sometimes it's just like grrr...

Or I guess what gets me is when they try to act like they know what they're talking about...and they don't. Here's what set me off a few minutes ago. An auction on eBay including a minifig of Asajj Ventura. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I guess spell check just knows about 90's movies and not 2000s movie/comic/TV wannabe Sith lol That would explain why that person wants to sell it: they don't what they got except is says Star Wars Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing Asajj Ventura? That's so funny. I'm not sure about getting mad, I'd probably just laugh...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well...I did laugh at first. But then I got annoyed. *shrugs* I dunno, I just react strangely to different things. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I have two gripes and some happiness.

Gripes

Okay I've been to multiple debate forums. I love debating it's so fun seeing what others think. I especially love the debates here, they're nice, everyone respects each other and it's just so amazing.
Well I went to this one site (Not saying which) and the debate forum was horrible!
I went there and nobody respected anyone. A lot of religious people were attacked. It was an Evolution or Creation debate and all the Evolution people stated the creation followers were 'Stupid', 'Retarded', 'Would die out because they would believe in a fictional being and not reality'. I was like "Wow you guys this isn't a 'Fight to the finish with belittling words, attacking their beliefs and just over-all being an ass'" and excuse my language but I was ticked. There was one girl who was really faithful and all these jerks just gained up on her. There were times where this was also reversed. It was like, both sides, instead of debating civilized, it was like watching Huns and vikings go at each other.
I sent a request to the staff to make some rules in the forum to prevent those kind of battles. Hopefully it'll clear up.

Second gripe.
MY NOSE IS DRIPPY.
All I do is get congested, sneeze, have a dry, sore throat. And ugh. I love Spring but I hatehatehate this. I'm also itchy all over. It could be that I'm allergic to the pollen and such.
It sucks too when you have NO tissues in the classroom and your nose decides to become "Super Drippy" and ugh.
>:|

Happiness
Well I got money from tax income. $200. I guess it's for living? I don't know.
Well my mom yelled at my dad because my dad is a glutton and would spend all the money on himself, so she yelled at him "You'd never be getting that money if the kids weren't alive. You better give them and me a share for taking care of your lazy self!" except it had a LOT of choice words XD
So I got $200 that I used to get myself new clothes from Plato's Closet (My Heaven!)
I got name brand clothing which have sturdy sewing as far as I can tell and I can wash them hard and they seem to not tear or rip or get holes. So I got almost thirty pairs of shirts (Tank tops, undershirts, shirts) for $119. That is REALLY low counting that ONE shirt alone from the store would cost $119.
I'm planning on buying jeans and saving the rest of the money for when my family really needs it.

I got happy seeing another human being stand up for another one.
Four guys were picking on another guy, they always have been from what I heard from the girl. Well I thought they were playing around like a lot of guys at my school do. The girl slams her locker shut and starts screaming at the guys.
she was like "You know what, it's annoying and immature for you guys t pick on him.
Don't even give me the 'Oh we weren't.' I see you do it everyday. I watch you. It freaking sucks okay." and the bully guy told her "You don't even know him. I bet you haven't been picked on in your whole life. You're just doing this to get attention." and the girl her face was angry. I can't describe how angry she was.
She was all "I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE PICKED ON!? YOU DON'T KNOW ME! I WAS PICKED ON CONTINUOUSLY FROM THE BEGINNING OF SECOND GRADE FOR MY NATIONALITY!" she calmed a bit down and was like "You guys are immature, you understand that? Really immature to be picking on a kid who has never done anything to you. How would you feel like it if someone picked on you? Huh? You'd feel exactly the same way you are now as I am yelling at you. You don't like how everyone stares at you. You don't like this negative attention do you? Huh? How do you think he feels? You're dirt. You're disgusting dirt." and I was like "Oh my God I didn't know he was getting picked on. I thought they were kidding." and I have a new great honor for that girl. She truly is a great girl. She's beautiful, popular, nice, sincere and most of all an honorable lady. she's going to be a great lady when she grows up. I wish a lot more people where like her.
It just sent happiness throughout me knowing that there are actually people out there who care.

>>>>>>>>>>>>"Oh man I shot Marvin in the face."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

ianthinos, good to hear you like the debate forums here, me too. And I know what you mean about other forums, most of them are that way. In fact, eucantina forums are just about the only place I ever actually give my opinion anymore, as I feel like I am doing something productive. Plus..... its like debating..... with a Star Wars flavor....

Most other debate forums, people dont even read what I wrote and start flaming me. Not that I am soft or anything, but I am not a huge fan of wasting my time on ignorant people. When I post something here I get the feeling people actually read what I said, and then give a thoughtful response.

You should join in on the fun Wink (its been just me and salaris mostly. No offense salaris, debating with you is a blast, lol)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My nose was an absolute leaky faucet the other day. Thankfully they don't last too long.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Bad

Ugh. I'm just so annoyed!
I guess tomorrow (Saturday) my friends are having a party over my other friend's house. That's nice, I'm invited.
I found out what they'll be doing though.
Drinking, smoking pot and cigarettes.
I'm okay with that, it's your life. But I'm angry with this:
They do it to be cool and to impress each other.
The way they acted you could easily tell they had never done it before and they were doing it to be cool or noticed.

I absolutely HATE alcohol. And marijuana I'm okay with since it's not as deadly as cigarettes and alcohol. Not saying it is fully okay to do. There is bad stuff about marijuana as well.
So I told them how alcohol can affect your life and how my mom is a hxc drinker and how much pain it causes people around her to be hurt by her, see her hurt herself and just overall ruin both their lives. They don't listen.
I told them cigarette smoking ISN'T cool and that they shouldn't start because they'll regret it later. They didn't listen.
I told them what marijuana can do, they didn't listen.

It just annoys me how they do it to be cool and hxc.
But I can't dictate over their lives. I might go to just watch over them.
Seven people not including me. Only disaster can occur. Possibly seven drunk, high, or all of the above people smoking cigarettes. Come on, don't tell me disaster WON'T occur.
Something is telling me I shouldn't go because I have a feeling if I do and they get caught I'll be held responsible for not stopping them. But the other side is all "You're friends can be in danger, you aren't dictating their lives but you can watch over them to ensure safety!".
I don't know. I won't rat them out because it's their lives and I'm not going to be up their ass about how to live the way I want to live. If they want to mess up their future life then go ahead. I'll be clean and on my way to a good life.

I dunno. Any of you been in a situation where your friends or family just did stupid stuff that made you annoyed and kind of ashamed of them?

Good

I'm wearing Tommy Hilfiger cologne. Yeah it's a male cologne but it smells SO good!
Picture cologne bottle. It's so mawvelous.
It's my friend's boyfriend's cologne. I want to buy some now but I have NO idea how much it costs. DX

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

ianthinos, good call. I wouldnt go if I were you, seeing as how you can get in trouble if you did anything wrong or not. Not worth the risk.

Now, this may seem a bit harsh, but those people are not your freinds. The fact that they are willing to totally ruin your life by inviting you to this party, and that fact that they wont listen to you, says a lot about them.

Its good you realized that idiocy of all of this and decided not to give in. I know too many old freinds of mine that did incredibly stupid things in the pursuit of being "cool" to hang around. Sad thing really...

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:30 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Yeah, I wish people weren't like that. You are cool the way you are, you don't have to do dangerous stunts to show how amazing you are. I bet if I asked them to bungee jump they wouldn't do it because nobody declared that 'cool' yet. It's dangerous, it can kill you. It's almost the same as alcohol and cigarettes except alcohol has those chances of killing you while also killing you in the long run and cigarettes kill you in the long run as well.

I dunno. I don't want them to get hurt. I'm a really empathetic person and it'll bother me like crazy all day. I'll probably say I can only stay for a bit and return every three hours telling them I can only do that. That way it lessens my chance of getting caught with them, but also lets me check up on them.
Ha I feel like I'm a mother going crazy over her kids! xD
My mom is a hxc smoker and all she does is cough up phlegm and all this stuff. Do they really want that? Idk :\

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:41 am Reply with quote  

There's only so much you can do for a person, be it changing their mind, their habits, whatever. What it really comes down to though is that person wanting to change themselves. The best you can do is give them advice and hope that it sinks in and that they'll be able to make the right choice for themselves, or see the error of their ways.

Here's my gripe for today: buying movies off Ebay and getting the wrong one because two stupid movies have the same kriffing name. Evil or Very Mad

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am guessing you bought it from a seller that didnt put up a picture of their product? Lol, still, I feel your pain. I cant say I have had the most wonderful experience with Ebay.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:34 am Reply with quote  

Well they had a picture, but I didn't really know what it was suppose to look like. Both movies had that generic look that could have fit either way. And they were both the same type of movie. And to top it off, the person actually had a description of the correct movie as well as a description of the one they were selling, so it was really confusing when I went back to look at it.

I guess I could try for a refund but I just don't feel like it's worth the effort.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Here is my gripe of the day/month. My wife and I are moving to Denver in June, After a lot of soul searching we have decided to say goodbye to the city life in DC and head west. Its not an easy decision, we do not have jobs there, although I nearly landed one a few months ago. Its pretty encouraging to me that someone would invest in hiring me considering there are plenty of people looking for work. Say what you will about moving without having a job, but in my experience being in the location makes a huge difference. We also have a fair amount of savings in case things take a while - and we are realists - if we need to take jobs we do not like to get things going we will. Anyway onto the gripe - my family is not taking the move well. We have a 3 month old son and he is the only grandchild. There only concern is the added distance. Rather than understand that moving will help us raise him in a safer environment with better schools, and lower cost of living so we can be there for him instead of working insane hours to pay for childcare (over $1000/month - no exaggeration). I have offered to help pay for their airfare to visit - I certainly want them in my sons life. Not mention the fact that even at 30+ years old you still need your parents support. I mean lets face it moving my family out there is scary enough. But I want my kid chasing prarie dogs not sewer rats.

Phew that feels better! Smile Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 3 of 201