Favorite Star Wars Video Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, hey, thanks much! My card is an Intel, but the first Battlefront, as well as KOTOR, Jedi Academy, and other such games all work on it. You think Battlefront II will?

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Just so you know I got this all off the back of my copy of Battlefront II so this isn't from memory. Good luck getting a copy of the game!

I was wondering Laughing If it was from memory, you'd get a stare from me that I get from others when I talk about Star Wars Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote  

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Oh, hey, thanks much! My card is an Intel, but the first Battlefront, as well as KOTOR, Jedi Academy, and other such games all work on it. You think Battlefront II will?

Glad to have helped. If you can give a little more info on what type of Intel card you have it would help in determining whether it can work. I checked the back of the KOTOR and Battlefront I boxes for their specs and they require the Intel P3 1 GHz card whereas Battlefront II needs the Intel P4 1.5 GHz card.

So basically it means Battlefront II upgraded from needing the Intel P3 to the P4 so its not a sure bet that Battlefront II can work on a computer that could run Battlefront I. Also I just looked through the specs on the boxes of my other Star Wars games that recently came out and it seems like Battlefront II is the only one that requires the Intel P4 1.5 GHz and all the others can work with the Intel P3 (though some recommend using the Intel P4).

Aush wrote:
I was wondering Laughing If it was from memory, you'd get a stare from me that I get from others when I talk about Star Wars Very Happy

I know where you're coming from with the stares about being a Star Wars fan (it doesn't really help my case that I have a "Jedi Council Member" sticker on the rear window of my car ), so that's why I included that "disclaimer" about the computer specs. I don't need to get those stares because people think I'm a crazy computer person too Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well I'm a computer freak, so that's okay. Smile But I do understand about the stares. My best friend the other day said, "Hey, you know what? I was talking to somebody about you the other day. They don't know much about you, but they said, 'Well I know she likes Star Wars.'" And she seemed to think that was really funny. I didn't mind too much, but everybody standing around proceeded to stare at me. *shrugs* Oh, well...what can you do? Smile

Thanks much for your help on all this. Let me check the specs on my card. Well, my system information says:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 1.73 GHz, 1.73GHZ, .99GB of RAM

And then my card says all this stuff:

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report

Report Date: 02/23/2008
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 10:04:26
Driver Version: 6.14.10.4764
Operating System: Windows XP* Home Edition, Service Pack 2
(5.1.2600)
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 1014 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 128 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 10 MB
Processor: x86 family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Speed: 1729 MHZ
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 2592
Device Revision: 04

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset
Family
Video BIOS: 1222
Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 800 True Color (60 Hz)

* Devices Connected to the Graphics Accelerator *

Active Notebook Displays: 1

* Notebook *

Monitor Name: Plug and Play Monitor
Display Type: Digital
Gamma Value: 2.20
DDC2 Protocol: Supported
Maximum Image Size: Horizontal: Not Available
Vertical: Not Available
Monitor Supported Modes:
1280 by 800 (60 Hz)
Display Power Management Support:
Standby Mode: Not Supported
Suspend Mode: Not Supported
Active Off Mode: Not Supported

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quote  

well I've looked through everything and it looks like your Intel chipset should work. I looked up the chipset on the LucasArts support page and they did have a notice about there being potential problems with that chipset type, though they seemed to indicate that this would only be the case if you meet the minimum RAM requirements. Specifically the notice is for Intel 915 and 945G models of the intel Pentium M Processor.

Edit: couldn't get the links to work but here's the the Intel page web info for what I believe is your chipset so you can check for updates: http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/915GM/index.htm

and if you go to
http://yodashelpdesk.lucasarts.com/faq.asp?sid=142334080223024059106110&pid=1459&pnm=Star%20Wars%20Battlefront%20II&seid=3925&pos=Windows%20XP&top=Video&rid=22653
you should get the LA FAQ support page for your chipset

Hope that helps as a starting point.

Last edited by Salaris Vorn on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, that's great! Now I definitely want to run and grab that game. Smile Thanks a lot for all your help and research! Checked out your link and it does look like my card should do okay. I certainly meet more than the minimum RAM requirements, so that's all great! Now I'm excited. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote  

Glad to have been able to help. Hope you enjoy the game!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming

Page 2 of 2