Episode 22: Hostage Crisis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote  

Airs: Friday 2/20 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P, Sunday 2/22 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P
Summary: A bounty hunter filled episode. To free crime lord Ziro the Hutt, bounty hunters seize control of the Senate Building and take hostages -- completely unaware that Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker is still inside.
Featured Characters: Cad Bane - bounty hunter, Robonino - part of Bane's posse, Aurra Sing, Crime lord Ziro the Hutt, Shahana Alama - another bounty hunter, Chancellor Palpatine, Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Amidala
Featured Locations: Coruscant

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:29 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote  

A snipet about the upcoming finale for season one...

“That one gets pretty violent,” warns Filoni of the episode. “We wanted to get a bit more intense in some of the episodes of the series, so if you have really little kids, there’s stuff that’s pretty intense. Nothing that you don’t see in Star Wars, normally.” - Dave Filoni

The new bounty hunter to be used in the episode, Cad Bane, was originally going to be Durge but George Lucas decided to go with something new and ended up with a Lee Van Cleef (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly) character.

-concept art from the original Star Wars trilogy which was used for the inspiration for Cad Bane

Kilian Plunkett designed Bane with George's intention of making him a Duros.

“Cade Bane has a lot more looser moral content than Jango ever had. He’ll shoot you dead, unless you offer him more money, and he might not and shoot the person who hired him dead.” - Dave Filoni

Another new bounty hunter will be Robonino (originally a concept for a fish like Senator in the prequels).

He will be a part of Bane's posse.

Aurra Sing will also be appearing.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The last episode? I thought the Rloth trilogy were the final episodes. This is episode 19, right?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Reepicheep wrote:
The last episode? I thought the Rloth trilogy were the final episodes. This is episode 19, right?

No. The Ryloth Trilogy eps are the penultimate episode. Hostage Crisis is the last and looks to be a cliff-hanger, thought I hope not!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:29 am Reply with quote  

Whoops! The 19 was a typo...should be fixed now. It is indeed the season finale.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I haven't been watching them, but I did wonder about that myself. It's fixed now, though, yep. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am really looking forward to this one. Innocents of Ryloth was very good, so I have high hopes for this one as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:25 am Reply with quote  

I'm liking this Cad Bane character. The western gunslinger look is perfect for a bounty hunter, and the voice acting sounds really good too. I'm hoping they won't kill him off because I think it would be nice to have a recurring bounty hunter they could use for this era other than Aurra Sing and young Boba Fett.

However, make note of the summary: this is the return of ZIRO THE HUTT!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Agh! Shocked

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Force preserve us...

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I cannot wait for Ziro's epic return. I long for a pink plush version of him!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:21 am Reply with quote  

Part of me would find it very entertaining if who ever is paying to have Ziro sprung ends up shorting the bounty hunters and they turn on Ziro and blast him. It would make Cad an endearing character to all fans...

Regardless, I'm thinking Ziro won't get a whole lot of face time. Hopefully.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Cad bane is cool and all, but I'm hoping for some quality Aurra Sing time. And (gasp) can that be IG-88?!? Surprised I love the whole droid bounty hunter thing!

!
 PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quote  

Well it's definitely an IG droid, but it could be one of IG-88's "brothers." I think IG-87 was the one Fett destroyed when deliver Solo to Jabba. Either way, it'll be cool to see and IG bounty hunter, Sing, and whoever else they come up with.

But I'm really getting hyped on Cad. Gunslingers are awesome! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd still rather see little Bob'ika, but it still looks cool. Cool

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 2