Make Believe

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Make Believe
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I know we're all too old for it, but does anyone secretly still do it? One of my favourites is when I'm helping my mom with grocery shopping. I'm Boba Fett, the shopping cart, and the shopping list is my list of bounties.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lol sometimes when someone makes me mad I start to see them as going Sith and I have a duty to the Force to take them out with my lightsaber...seriously. I'll even hum the Star Wars soundtrack sometimes. People give me funny looks, but I just laugh at them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ha! Make believe? What kid stuff.

*Pretends to dance with ewok during SW disco music*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:
Ha! Make believe? What kid stuff.

*Pretends to dance with ewok during SW disco music*

Haha I've always wished they'd release that disco music with an ewok video actually lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I still do. I'm an eleven year old in a sixteen year old's body. I tend to hang out with younger kids because they have more imagination then kids my age. The kids my age tend to be boring and all "I wanna grow up!" I don't want to grow up.
Although, I DO need to stop hanging out with young kids. When I turn twenty it'll be awkward and I'd get negative attention that I don't want Shocked

I always play pretend. When I swing I always imagine my favorite character next to me.
Sometimes if I get too imaginative I tend to blurt aloud what I'm thinking.
I remember once I was sitting on a bench alone in my park near my street and I imagined Tenzen (My new Anime guy I fantasize over) is all practicing his sword-play and such and I accidentally blurted out "Tenzen you totally missed that log!" and I opened my eyes cause I was shocked.
Weeeeell. Three people had walked into the park and looked at me and looked around for 'Tenzen'. When they couldn't see or find him they looked back at me. I couldn't help but laugh which made me seem more crazy. I muttered under my breath "Son of a..."
And I was embarrassed.

Or when I used to walk around in the winter-time at 8:00Pm, which is like super dark out, I'd always imagine a man or demon following me to add excitement or fear in my walk. Yes I'm sadistic with myself. I LOVE scaring myself XD
I once imagined a ghost who moved in broken frames following me. I almost wet myself when someone actually walked passed me because they got out of their house and I didn't hear them and oooh my gosh. DX

>>>>>>>>>>>>"Oh man I shot Marvin in the face."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote  

I think my participation in online role playing sites marks me as someone who will never stop playing pretend Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I know what you mean ianthos. One of my favourite quotes is by J.M. Barrie, "Children all begin as birds, but soon forget how to fly." I don't remember the exact wording, but it's very close to that. Of course, like you and me, there are exceptions. Razz

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote  

How about the Toys R' Us song?

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys 'R Us kid.
There's a million toys at Toys 'R Us that I can play with.
From bikes to trains to video games at the biggest toy store there is.
I don't wanna grow up cause if I did, I couldn't be a Toys 'R Us kid.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1