Favorite Television Shows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't really watch a lot of TV. When I do it is usually Mr. Bean, The Honeymooners and, soon to be, The Clone Wars.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Anybody ever watch the BBC version of Robin Hood? I'm currently going through the first season. Honestly, the first episode was awful. And being BBC, it's not stunningly amazing (as in effects/sets/props/etc.) like Sarah Connor Chronicles and such, but I must say that it's really growing on me. I've come to like the different characters and am enjoying the show for the most part. Anybody else?

Oh, and I like their accents, especially Allan's. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ooh!
I saw the first season DVD at Best Buy and I would love to see it some time. It looks pretty sweet.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have never seen that version of Robin Hood Mara Jade. I do remember seeing a version on film that i really liked.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The ratings seem to be very disappointing for the Sarah Connor Chronicles, and I'm not totally sure why. Personally, I've enjoyed every episode. Now...it does feel like they're taking awhile to go anywhere, and the pace is definitely crawling. But I enjoy the characters so much that it hasn't really bothered me. So I really liked this last episode, especially with the way Sarah opened up to the doctor. It does bug me the way she always hates everyone's guts and won't open up. I just wish it had ended with her telling the doctor that everything she said was true. Kind of ruined the fact that she had finally trusted somebody. Oh, and I loved John Henry playing with the Bionicles. Really made him seem young and like he's still learning.

But anyway, I still enjoy it. I'm a definite fan of the show, but I just wish they'd merge these numerous plots/characters back together and appear to start heading toward a decisive point. Ratings would probably rise if they did that.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:09 am Reply with quote  

Interestingly enough, I tuned in for that last episode of the Sarah Conner Chronicles. It was a little odd since this was the first episode I'd ever watched, so I had to try and figure out whose who and what they were up to. The John Henry guy was indeed entertaining playing with the toys and giving them names and mythologies. Plus the redhead T1000 was pretty cool when she went on a killing spree. However, I totally could not get behind the lady playing Sarah Conner. The way she is played doesn't give the audience much to rally behind. *shrugs*

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well that's what I meant about Sarah. She was originally very easy to rally behind (or at least I thought so), but the series has only degraded since Season 2 started. I thought Lena Headey was an awesome Sarah when everything originally started, but they've turned her into an unlikeable character who hates and distrusts everybody. *sigh* Maybe this episode was an attempt to fix that. However, the ending didn't help that any. But anyway.

Fav TV Show ......
 PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Battlestar Galactica - 'nuf said. Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The latest episode was very good since things are starting to get more interesting. From the second movie, Sarah wouldn't just open to anyone, but I guess if Kyle tells her to, she can't say no to him.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay...*hangs head*...I have to admit the last episode (not tonight's) was pretty bad. I haven't watched tonight's yet, so can't judge that one yet. I can only hope it was a redeemer. *crosses fingers*

But anyway, when your show is headed down the tubes, you do not salvage it by basing it during a funeral. That does not pick up the pace. *sigh* It's almost like they want it to die. Sad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I have to admit that I don't watch BSG. *Ducks the rotten fruit and vegetables* My all time favorite show on television is sadly, no longer airing. I love me some West Wing. During it's prime, aka when Aaron Sorkin was writing it, it was the best show on television. Surprised

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote  

I've only seen one episode of Battlestar Galactica, it was the Razor episode. I thought it was very well done and I liked it a lot, however I haven't found the time to invest in watching the series as a whole. Eventually I'll probably watch it as I have some friends who have each season on DVD.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Concerning The Sarah Connor Chronicles:

I thought the last episode was amazing, and all of the different subplots are finally coming together. Just as I was hoping/expecting. And I've suddenly gotten fed up with all the bashing simply because people think, "There were no explosions and people getting mutilated by terminators. Dude, this show was soooo boring! Ugh!" The show is not simply called Terminator. It's called Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. It's about Sarah Connor. Not Summer Glau. Not Thomas Dekker. Not Cameron. Not John. Sarah Connor. And when they have a few episodes that get downright deep and really focus on the mental state of Sarah Connor, this should be expected! If one would ramp up their IQ a bit and actually stop to appreciate the complexity of the show and the deeper meanings they're trying to imply, they'd realize how brilliant is usually is! Granted, there are occasionally episodes that leave much to be desired, but overall this show is excellent, and delivers exactly what was promised.

So...I'll get off my soapbox now. Personally, I think this latest show was great, and most all of the previous episodes have also been excellent. I can't wait to see where they take it next. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:02 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I've been enjoying the series; the episode before last was so weird I was glad to get back to what happened last week. Now I'm anxious for this weeks episode concerning what's going to happen when Sarah and the others find out what happened to Riley.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, the last episode of Terminator...just wow. I'm surprised and yet not about:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Cameron and Sarah's dialogue was too funny here:

"I need to kill him."
"You won't kill him!"
"He can't be trusted."
"No one can be trusted!"
"But I only want to kill him."

Her simplicity/straight forwardness is just priceless. Smile

And then:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

But anyway, far as I'm concerned, that was the way to pull off an episode. Congratz to those in charge of Adam Raised a Cain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 3 of 72