Boba Fett
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boba Fett
 PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I really don't even know what I can say. Boba Fett is just...beyond words. Wink

But regarding the new live action series, who's interested in seeing Daniel Logan come back as Boba? I mean, wow...look how much he's changed:

Then:

Now:

It'd be really awesome, I think, to see Boba as a teenager/young 20's, but the same actor. To me, that would be so much better than having him older with a different actor. Though...either way would be acceptable, I suppose.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm very pessimistic about Fett appearing in the Live TV -series, because in recent years his background for this era has been explored in adult and juvenile novels, one comic Tales story, and non-fiction, and I just can't convince myself that this existing background would be respected by either incorporating it in the TV series or placing the Live TV series so that it would not touch years of which we have existing stories for Fett.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I, however, think Boba might be the live-action series' saving grace. My first Expanded Universe books (I was ten at the time) were the Boba Fett books. I still hold them dear to my heart, even if they're slightly on the juvinile side. Boba has always been the easiest character for me to relate to. Boba has to be my favourite character OF ALL TIME! (Yes, even better than Seha).

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

But will the Live TV series Boba Fett be the Expanded Universe young Fett you like, or will the writers of the series just re-imagine his life at this time?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I guess I see your point, but I'm not too worried right now. I'm pretty satisfied with how The Clone Wars was handled in accordance with the established Expanded Universe.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You know, the more I look at his current picture, the more I think Daniel Logan looks like the Clones. A lot! I think he could easily pull off a young Boba. Easily. Don't know how his acting skills are...if they're really bad he could just be silent. Fett usually is anyway. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:57 am Reply with quote  

I think Logan would be good for the part, and I'd like the consistency. And honestly the Live Series could trample Fett's history for that time period as long as they made him cool. Fett would definitely be a strong point for the series if they included him. Everyone recognizes him, and just about everyone who saw the movies thought he was cool. For those of us who read the books, some have fallen out of favor with Fett. It could get touchy, but their best bet would be to keep his character shallow. Have him do some action, some dialog, and disappear. More of a cameo character.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Question: is Medrit a guy or a girl?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Medrit is a guy. I'm not really fond of this, and it seems weird for a Mando to be... you know...

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm...I struggled with his gender for a long time (couldn't figure it out), and then kind of forgot about it. But now that you mention it...yeah, that's odd. It just seems...like an oxymoron I suppose. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quote  

Oh the famous case of manly Mando love. LOL!

When I first read the passages when Medrit and Beviin were talking to each other I thought, oh, must have been a typo, they said 'he' instead of she. Then I was like, oh, that's not a typo at all.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If this concerns LotF, I read right over all of this and didn't even register a word of it until someone else pointed it out. I was kind of surprised, but very, very briefly; when you watch enough anime, gender becomes an annoying game you just quit playing sometimes lol Laughing

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

In LOTF, in the Traviss novels, Boba Fett is always remembering his past with Sintas and stuff. Is there any actual comic or books that flesh that story line out?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think Boba Fett is lame and overhyped. He should have died in the Sarlacc. He was a coward who had bad aim and got beaten by a blind man.

Why, oh why did they need to make him look like a super-awesome beast? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I admit in RotJ, he did look pretty silly, but everywhere else he's just so awesome! Cool
Sword, in Star Wars Tales, Volume 2 there is a story about Boba and Sintas.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 6