What is the Most Recent Piece in Your Collection?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Wow, I swear Mara, seeing the pics of your neat bookshelf and reading about your organisation "compulsion" (lol), I can't help but be reminded of myself; my novel/graphic novel/dvd/video game/reference book collection is all arranged on a couple of large bookshelves all in chronological order; I even waited till the books came out in paperback rather than getting hardbacks, so they'd be the same size Smile . So, like you and Mandy, I'd say I have an almost complete collection, at least of the stuff that's come out up till now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

MandyB wrote:
Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Thanks, Mandy! I was only able to acquire the Vault through an extremely awesome Barnes & Noble sale that I had never seen before nor have I seen since. Gotta love it! Smile

Do you have the new encyclopedia? If you like The Vault then you will absolutely go gaga over Sansweet and Co.'s new offering. I adore my copy!

No, but I've been drooling over it since long before it ever came out. Alas, I haven't been able to get my hands on it. *sniff* One day!

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Happy birthday to me! Well...actually it's tomorrow. But we partied today. And here are the newest SW additions to my collection:

The two guys on the right (Boba and Rex) are the ones I got today. I already had Indy and Luke. Smile

Aren't those the awesomest little guys? Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Happy early birthday! And the Rex key chain is my favorite, cool stuff. But, tell me, I haven't checked out SW legos in a while; are they the pale heads now, like the Rex key chain?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks! And yes, unfortunately most of the Legos are switching over to the ugly pale heads, including the Star Wars ones. Thankfully they got rid of those dumb light up lightsabers, but it appears they're still going for the pale faces. Sad

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, this isn't Star Wars, but I'm going to connect it because of Harrison Ford. Wink

Look what my friend gave me for a belated b-day present!

I'm so happy! I must have picked that up a thousand times and wished I could buy it. But I always convinced myself I needed to save my money. And now here it is! I was very surprised, I must say. Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I didn't even notice... Embarassed
Happy (belated) Birthday, Mara! Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Reep! Smile

Now my most piece...
 PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I was at Disneyland this past weekend and picked up 6 Lego Star Wars mini fig keychains at the Downtown Disney Lego Store. Smile

Your Uncle Kal signing off (I'm tired folks). :-O

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I was browsing at Goodwill today (which I no longer really like, since they quit selling toys), and there it was, waiting for me. Actually, it was buried beneath a stack of board games, but no good Star Wars fan would have been able to miss the mostly obscured helmet of Darth Vader. It was like a flashing neon sign screaming, "This way! Look over here!" Anyway, here it is:

Apparently the evil pricing squad at our particular Goodwill mistakenly took this to be a board game, as they only had $4 on it. Had they known what it actually was, it probably would have been slapped with at least a $10 sticker. As it was, however, I didn't give it a second thought. I didn't even know the VHS's were offered in widescreen! Such a nice box, too. And it even has the original "Star Wars Savings Book" that offers you coupons on such things as the 'brand new' Jedi Academy Trilogy. Wink

So yeah, I have this terrible addiction to collecting every version of the movies in existence (well...all the English ones, anyway), and this would be my 7th version of the OT on VHS and DVD. *sheepish grin* Very Happy

Note: If I found the OT in another language, I would most certainly snatch that up as well. I just haven't come across such as of yet. Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Awesome find! And for such a great price!

I just picked this guy up. He's the one I've been wanting for a while:

I already had the Captain Rex, which I found very cool, so I knew I had to add Mace ASAP.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Aw, that's awesome! I've always liked those little guys. I've just never stopped to buy one. And speaking of Rex, I really like the plush guy they have. I've already got Chewbacca, and I'd like to add Rex and Boba to the collection. Some day! Smile

As dumb as they look, I still like 'em. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This is my book collection and a couple other things

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo31/56/5c/e9ff632a14ef__1244115154000.jpeg

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo12/6a/20/9c7e6e67d52d__1244115154000.jpeg

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo33/62/2a/5d6915d2aa6e__1244115154000.jpeg

I love my collection. THis isn't near all of it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Great collection, Caedus! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nice Caedus! I especially love those posters!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 4 of 22