Summer - And So It Starts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Spaceport View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote  

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:

Glad to be back! Thanks for the comments! Though it looks like some took an interesting turn...*ahem*...

Well to Star Warsify an old saying when the Jedi's away the Sith will play Welcome back!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

3 hour's sleep? Confused Welcome back, Mara!

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks! Yeah...the average amount of sleep was 6 hours, but that night I stayed up until 3 at a crawfish boil for those of us that had already graduated. See...there are four levels to this camp. Once you pass 4th level, you graduate. Any year after that you're 'special', because you've graduated. This was my 6th year, so I got to go to the crawfish boil. Very fun. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

mmm..... I am hungry now

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:57 am Reply with quote  

I've never gone to a crawfish boil, but I've certainly caught and ate my share Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow...for those of ya'll who've never had crawfish, you've got to get yourselves down here. I'll show you guys what a real treat is like. Now...I don't make them so hot (spicy) that you can't breathe (have eaten them that way, though...even though they're edible, they're not necessarily enjoyable), but I don't make them so bland that they're tasteless, either. I use a nice happy medium that seems to suit everyone I know. However...for those of you Northern dudes not used to spices and such...you may be in for a surprise. But trust me...they're one of the best treats to be had down here. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote  

What's your recipe? If I catch any over the summer I might give it a try.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, it's very simple, actually. I rinse them out about 7-10 times, then purge them for awhile. Once that's done I add the potatoes, onions, and corn. Then I toss in a whole jar of Zatarain's Complete Crab Boil. That's for an entire sack, mind you. After that, you let them cook for about, oh...30 minutes I guess. And then...they're done! We've tried many different concoctions of ingredients, and the Crab Boil in a jar just seems to do it best. Besides...it's a lot easier. Smile

If you don't like your onions and corn really spicy, you're not going to want to throw them in early on, cause they'll soak up too much spice. But that's just up to the individual.

So anyway, there you have it. Very simple...and I suppose I'll have to give the credit to Zatarain's for their lovely Crab Boil. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote  

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
However...for those of you Northern dudes not used to spices and such...you may be in for a surprise.

Does me putting barbecue sauce on just about everything count as making me somewhat acceptably used to spices despite being a Northerner? Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, it means you're in search of more taste to your food. So yes, I'd definitely say you're somewhat acceptably used to spices and on the right track toward more. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

On the road again...yep, that's me! I'll be headed out for another camp of sorts tomorrow. Going to be gone Sunday through Friday again, June 7-12. Ya'll did such a good job of behaving while I was gone last time, I'm sure you'll do great again this time. Wink

See ya'll when I get back! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, you're busy! Take care, Mara.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Last edited by Reepicheep on Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yup, know what you mean. Me and the other younger people (12-20something year olds) in our church go off and do Bible Clubs...that's what we've been doing each week I'm gone. We do them about 5 weeks out of the summer, but three of those weeks I'm at home, cause we do them nearby. The other two are when I go out of town. So anyway, that's what I do for the summer. It's can wear you out, but I love it all the same. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sounds fun, but, yes, tiring. My church has Daycamps and I want to be a leader or something some year. I didn't get around to it this time so maybe next year.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Back again! And not leaving anymore that I know of...

Just got caught up on all the posts and the chat box. That was so funny! *still chuckling* Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Spaceport

Page 2 of 3