Who should be next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Boba Fett is awesome (though Karen Traviss does seem to have an unhealthy infatuation with him). I think the character death should be Zekk. He's annoying, whiny, overprotective (c'mon, is he in love with Jaina or does he want to be her father?) and worst of all he's competition for Jag, who I'm in full support of. I think realistically though, that they'll kill Han. I don't want them to, as he and Anakin Solo are my favorite Star Wars characters ever, but I think it may be inevitable. The only reason I can see for them not is that they keep saying that any more grief would destroy the Solo family. Of course, they could also be building to that...

But yeah, I really kind of hope Tahiri doesn't die. They spent some decent time developing her in the Vong war, and they also did a little bit in that awful Dark Nest trilogy (though they kind of went into backwards development) so she shouldn't die. They could use her and Caedus for a good Sith team. I think they should spend another series building to their death.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quote  

I'm not saying I want this, but it is quite possible that Boba Fett will die at the hands of Mr. Denning. We all know someone is going to die and by the looks of things there is going to be quite the death count by the end of Invincible. In fact the name of the book could be more of an ironic one, the reality being that no one is invincible.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's actually an interesting thought. The only people I'm sure will be untouchable in this book though will be Luke, Jaina, and Ben. Everyone else is fair game. Luke and Ben won't die cause Mara died and one death per family per series seems to be the thing. They won't torture Ben by taking both parents in the same series. Jaina can't die because the Fel dynasty of Jedi has to come from somewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
In fact the name of the book could be more of an ironic one, the reality being that no one is invincible.

Disappointingly, I never thought of that; great thought, Dark Skuldren! Very Happy I'm anxious to just know how this ends so I can then start worrying about what the next series will be; I say this since we all know it's heading into John Ostrander's story, unfortunately. (IMO)

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Han, Han, Han, Han. That's all I have to say. He's gonna go. It's so obvious, and he's so perfect to die (not that I don't like him, don't get me wrong, Han has a special place in my heart . . . no homo Laughing )

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quote  

Okay, let's say they did kill Han. How would they do it? Would he cut down by his own son or suffer from friendly fire. Maybe he gets too involved and Caedus accidentally kills him, not really seeking to do so but it just happened. I guess Tahiri would be another likely culprit. And he might just die in the one of the space battles or even in a ground battle.

If I had to kill him, I'd have him fighting back to back with Fett, both of them way over their heads against unsurmountable odds and both of them perish in a warrior's death.

But what about Leia?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Okay, let's say they did kill Han. How would they do it? Would he cut down by his own son or suffer from friendly fire. Maybe he gets too involved and Caedus accidentally kills him, not really seeking to do so but it just happened. I guess Tahiri would be another likely culprit. And he might just die in the one of the space battles or even in a ground battle.

If I had to kill him, I'd have him fighting back to back with Fett, both of them way over their heads against unsurmountable odds and both of them perish in a warrior's death.

But what about Leia?

I like that ending for Han and Boba; as for Leia, perhaps seeing her husband and partner fall(who cares about Fett?) would tip her momentarily towards the dark side, and she would unleash the lethal Skywalker potential on Caedus' posterior? And then Caedus would go down in flames, ignited by force lightning! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:24 pm Reply with quote  

That would be awesome to see Leia go dark side and totally whoop Caedus' posterior. Unlikely, but cool.

Boy, if Han did die that would make for some depressing characters. Luke all alone, Leia all alone. Jaina completely wracked with sorrow having killed her brother and now having to deal with the death of her dad.

I think it's just to depressing to ponder any further. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, as far as FOTJ goes, I think Leia will die, and Han will die trying to save her, or avenging her. I just get this feeling from the cover of Abyss. But then again...they wouldn't kill one, let alone 2 of the big three only in the third book of the series...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Personally I don't expect anyone to die, at least no one major, in FotJ. It seems a lot lighter than LotF or the NJO and Outcast is the first Star Wars book (correct me if I'm wrong) that no one died in.

I think what they're trying to do is make some 'good times', because one of the most tragic things about LotF was that you could look back and think, "how did it come to this?"

So if they just made dark, multiple death storylines, it would get really old, really fast.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I for one want to see Luke die.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The way these authors have been going, I wouldn't count on anything. Even Betrayal started off on a somewhat lighter note and look what it eventually led to? I'd give it time, and maybe consider this more come after Denning's first release in this series.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Aush wrote:
The way these authors have been going, I wouldn't count on anything. Even Betrayal started off on a somewhat lighter note and look what it eventually led to? I'd give it time, and maybe consider this more come after Denning's first release in this series.

Haha I love how we all assume Denning will be contracted to make the kill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Aush wrote:

Yeah, but not nearly as light as Outcast. Jacen striking down a fellow Jedi in cold blood or multiple terrorist attacks for example. Nothing of that sort in Outcast.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 5 of 5