Fate of the Jedi 4: Backlash by Aaron Allston
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fate of the Jedi 4: Backlash by Aaron Allston
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So whaddya think of the cover? I'm glad it's of Ben, but I'm afraid I hate the hair. It's so...awful!

I like the face for the most part. Reminds me of my cousin Adam. But I think overall it's kind of disappointing. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Like his father before him, Ben will be emo Razz I really like the cover; overall, I'm glad they went with the look they did.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I suppose I'm just disappointed that we still don't get to see his red hair. *sniff*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If we had mini-Luke on the cover of Fury, we have mini-Mara on this cover. Ben looks rather fragile and almost girlish in the cover.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm likin this shot of Ben, even the hair as right as Mara us about it. And I'm now extremely curious as to who will be on the back cover...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:55 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You know, Ben has not once had his correct red hair color; it always seems, but isn't, brown. It kind of goes with the pic on the back of Outcast though.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Which makes me wonder, "Why?" Because in Betrayal it says that he had "flame red hair". At least I think that's the quote. And I'm sure there are plenty of other places as well. So it's not just the fans speculating! Oh, well...one day. Neutral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:12 am Reply with quote  

Why are we getting another yellow cover? I would've figured they'd go through the whole color scheme. As for Ben, it's not a bad image, but somehow the cover as a whole doesn't really impress me. Though part of me thinks that's because its similar to Omen. A different color would have made it stand out more.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They might have a some kind colour scheme at work - Luke and Ben at least sharing one. I wonder if we would get a cover for Han or Jaina, would it be also mostly red with white and black like the Abyss cover featuring Leia?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jaina and Jag BETTER get a cover...anyway, i dont really like this cover! and im usually such an easy grader. The yellow looks sissy-ish to me, and his right cheek looks puffy. Maybye its just me...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well.... I definately liked the front view better. And that hair is just... something else. The face isn't bad and I like the blue and yellow. And Skuldren, Outcast was more of an orange so we'll probably see different colours.

Now all that aside, it's still cool to see Ben and it will be very interesting to see who's on the back. Not to get my hopes up or anything. Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Right, Reep, right...Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm guessing it's probably Luke on the backcover - as Luke is in the cover of Outcast, Ben on the backcover, father leading there, now son could take the frontseat with father relegated to the backcover in changing of guard -style - with Vestara another possibility, if they want to make her Ben's special joint enemy/love interest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds like we get another image of Ben and it still isn't very popular Laughing

The cover reminds me more of Hayden Christensen so that is a strike against, but other than that, I have no problem with the cover (still won't buy it....) For the color scheme, wasn't the first book yellow too? Maybe all of Allston's are yellow and similar for the other two writers. And for the hair color, it could be more continuity troubles (something I know I always rant about in recent years Wink ), but being in a family with members with red hair (myself included), it started off really red ("flaming red hair", for example) but the older we all got, the browner it got so that's another possible explanation.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Aush wrote:
Sounds like we get another image of Ben and it still isn't very popular Laughing

The cover reminds me more of Hayden Christensen so that is a strike against, but other than that, I have no problem with the cover (still won't buy it....) For the color scheme, wasn't the first book yellow too? Maybe all of Allston's are yellow and similar for the other two writers. And for the hair color, it could be more continuity troubles (something I know I always rant about in recent years Wink ), but being in a family with members with red hair (myself included), it started off really red ("flaming red hair", for example) but the older we all got, the browner it got so that's another possible explanation.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking in regards to the hair. I had bright blond hair until I was about 6 and then it started to deepen for a few years and by the time I was 10 I had brown hair.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 11