Tenel Ka
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenel Ka
 PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah. Aha. the warrior girl from Dathomir does not have a thread. I shall make one, my friend. Comment on Tenel Ka, Queen of Hapes, here. I am positive this thread will be epic. This is a fact.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So...what did Tenel Ka ever see in Jacen? Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Eh, I think she had stockholm syndrome. He cut off her arm, and she fell in love.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:32 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, it was there even before her arm was chopped off. I guess she just liked all the attention he gave her in his attempt to make her smile/laugh with those very silly jokes. But it was odd that out of nowhere she'd have a child with him, but maybe she knew he wouldn't be around too much longer and didn't want Jacen to go without a legacy like Anakin did.

Great character, and I love her rancor tooth lightsaber. That's a fact. Wink

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think she really did love him, and I think the authors tried to hint more than portray in order to let us judge how close they were for ourselves, Then they had a kid, and it became obvious.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, but today, having a kid doesn't always show how much one loves the other, but I'm confident that wasn't the case for Jacen and Tenel; the circumstances that lead to their outcome was very plausible.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quote  

So, does anybody think she'll remarry? Personally, I think it could be possible, but I certainly wouldn't see it happening anytime soon.

But more importantly, I'd like to see her get out of Hapes a bit more often. Queen Mother or not, she's too memorable of a character to simply lock away in the Consortium to hardly ever be heard from. And with all that plotting that goes on there, I honestly have no idea why she even stays. I wouldn't mind if she gave up on them and left. Let some other fool take over the throne. Tenel Ka needs to go out on her own again. Maybe missing her daughter will draw her out.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think she ever married Jacen, so she can't really remarry Wink

I would expect her to marry eventually because of the pressures of being the queen mother, but maybe she will never do so because of Jacen and someone else will have to take her place. But if that were to happen, it would be possible a civil war would break out because there is no heir and everyone would want it. I'm sure Tenel Ka has considered that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I agree, Aush. SOMETHING has gotta happen with those Hapans. there were hints of of Hapan relation troubles in Outcast, and i think in either backlash or abyss, one of the star wars insiders said, "somethings "Hapans" " so...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
I agree, Aush. SOMETHING has gotta happen with those Hapans. there were hints of of Hapan relation troubles in Outcast, and i think in either backlash or abyss, one of the star wars insiders said, "somethings "Hapans" " so...

Something 'Hapans'? Oh wow...terrible word play haha. Yeah I'm actually hoping that Tenel Ka gets married. Something that could allow Allana to be with her mom again and possibly allow Tenel to become something other than the stone cold creature she's been to everyone but Jacen.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

yeah, that would be nice! i really want to see more of her, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Did anyone consider that a possible death in FOTJ could be Tenel Ka? We've theorized that Hamner, Durron, Raynar, and Tahiri might go, but I'm thinking now that it is very possible that Tenel Ka could go too. Its not like she has some major role to fill out in order to set up Legacy (comics) or anything...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quote  

If she is going to be chained to Hapes for the rest of her life, they might as well kill her off. Her character is way too hamstrung by being glued to the throne. I guess she could remain there, but as long as she does, she'll never be a main character again.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If she did die would Allana become the Queen Mother or is she not the Chume'da anymore? I never really understood that.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

EU needs some characters in the reserve...main ones...like Talon Kardde and Lando...Tenel Ka is just joining them i guess...She MIght come in the story from time to time...

I always thought Jacen would redeem himself and spend the rest of his years in exile wid TenelKa....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 2