Starkiller - Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Oh yeah, I know. I actually really started looking forward to that and then... yeah. I wonder if there's still any hope.

My hope dwindles, but its still listed as upcoming on Wookiepedia even though its listed as cancelled elsewhere so hopefully its still alive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

When turning someone to the dark side, his or her character must be shown as changing; although LotF tried to show Jacen's fall, I think they made jumps in his logic that he considered back in Traitor and the ending books of NJO. From reading many books with Anakin Solo, I find it very, very hard to write his character into falling to the dark side since his whole character of doing what he did is based on a nightmare that his name destined him to become a Sith, so he refused any thoughts along the dark path (but I'm sure the authors would find someway to get him to fall, whether they make a jump in logic or not).

Anyway, for a thread about the Secret Apprentice, I think I may have helped us stay off topic Laughing

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Was this about Starkiller?!
Thanks for reminding us, Aush. Laughing

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Starkiller is beast.

I loved every bit of The Force Unleashed, no doubt tied with Battlefront as the best Star Wars game of all time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Unfortunately I've only ever been able to play the demo. But I really enjoyed the book, unlike what I've heard from some of the reviews. One of my favorite parts being the tie-in with Galen and the Rebel Alliance symbol. Too cool.

But yeah, I love Galen Marek. I wish there was so much more we could learn about his character! Some of the book greatly confuses me, but...I suppose that can be forgiven. Now I just wish I could play the game. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Now they need to make spin-offs about Galen's past missions before he started hunting Jedi.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes! I would be very happy to purchase documentation of said missions. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yea, and how his past pilots of failed him, and how they were "disposed" of. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ha, yeah, that would make for a fun read. I would also love to read about when Vader found him, though. How could a young boy be powerful enough to snatch Vader's saber from his hand? Simply because Vader wasn't expecting such a thing? See...it needs so much fleshing out!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yea, and what about his birth? Kento Nion obviously hid his love to Galen's mother from the Jedi Order as Anakin did.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:05 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Lucas Arts didn't do Galen any justice in the last game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mace Windu wrote:

In what sense do you mean?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mace Windu wrote:

Him being dead and all, what did you expect?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hogy wrote:
Mace Windu wrote:

Having read the novel and played the game, my interpretation was that he wasn't dead, just mind wiped, just like Revan. Which is why he still has brief flashes and dreams of his memories, just like Revan. And why all the clones you encounter are crappy clones. If Vader is killing the imperfect clones like the protagonist, why are these crappy ones still alive?

The only wrench in this well-oiled machine of a theory is the whole Dark Apprentice thing, which is part of a non-canon dark side ending and the "Distant Thunder" cinematics which pertain to that ending yet people accept as being true either way. But I don't.

Vader was trying to clone Starkiller, but we're told that cloning Jedi is really hard to do because of their midi-chlorians and whatnot, so he's not having a lot of success. His fallback plan is a mindwiped Starkiller that survived the first game, which given the situation, is led to believe that he's a clone.

The dark side ending doesn't even make any sense because if Vader has this perfect clone Dark Apprentice, why is he going to all this effort to turn Starkiller back into his service?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
Hogy wrote:
Mace Windu wrote:

Having read the novel and played the game, my interpretation was that he wasn't dead, just mind wiped, just like Revan. Which is why he still has brief flashes and dreams of his memories, just like Revan. And why all the clones you encounter are crappy clones. If Vader is killing the imperfect clones like the protagonist, why are these crappy ones still alive?

The only wrench in this well-oiled machine of a theory is the whole Dark Apprentice thing, which is part of a non-canon dark side ending and the "Distant Thunder" cinematics which pertain to that ending yet people accept as being true either way. But I don't.

Vader was trying to clone Starkiller, but we're told that cloning Jedi is really hard to do because of their midi-chlorians and whatnot, so he's not having a lot of success. His fallback plan is a mindwiped Starkiller that survived the first game, which given the situation, is led to believe that he's a clone.

The dark side ending doesn't even make any sense because if Vader has this perfect clone Dark Apprentice, why is he going to all this effort to turn Starkiller back into his service?

Well in the FU1 Vader proclaims him dead in front of Sidious and he doesen't deny it in fact he does the whole Obi-Wan line about him being more powerfull than ever (if I remember correctly this is the same in all three media of TFU). My knowledge of the FU2 comes only from the game, so I'll give you the benefit of a doubt an that one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 3 of 5