New NJO Comic Book Series: INVASION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Whoa! Aush excited about Star Wars? No doom and gloom for massacring the beloved characters? Just kidding Laughing .

Laughing
I might buy them when they come on paperback. I dunno...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I'm trying to get past the "doom and gloom", but I can say things about this series that way if you want me to continue Wink Laughing

No, I'm somewhat excited to see what direction they'll go with this, but I'm still worried about the continuity, especially how they'll try to tie in the Skywalkers and Solos like the writer implies will be coming. If the leads of the comic series (who we still haven't meet yet) end up on Dantooine or Ithor then I can't wait to see the Skywalkers/Solos as long as the continuity is respected Wink

(There, there's some "doom and gloom" tied it with some excitement Laughing )

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, after going to 4 places, I finally got the first issue of Invasion yesterday. (From now on I will call ahead to make sure they have it in stock!) I really liked it! The main character seems intriguing, and i look forward to seeing how his training progresses with Luke. I am also hoping to soon see the Solo kids...the only thing I found disappointing was how the Yuzzhan Vong were drawn...I think they should be more...scary, and more creepy. Luke looked pretty good, as did the main character Finn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:20 pm Reply with quote  

Went to Borders today and they didn't have Invasion. Crying or Very sad

But I did get to read a KOTOR comic Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I've had the issue for a couple days now, but it's been having to wait it's turn since I have the previous week's comics and a few currently more suspenseful series to check out first (come on, with Blackest Night starting soon, it's all about Green Lantern; sorry Star Wars Laughing). However, I am intrigued by some of the things I've read, including solicitations from the latest Previews concerning future issues, so I'll be sure to leave word here first on what I thought about it Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmmmm, I finally got to the issue (being a number one, it was sadly on the bottom of my pile) and my biggest question is how did Luke Skywalker show up? If this takes place really early in the war, what is he doing here instead of on the other early planets arguing with politicians while his other Jedi did the fighting? However, it was great to see Luke Skywalker standing over the fallen Yuuzhan Vong warriors with his lightsaber activated, but it would have been even better if he was joined by some other Jedi or sent either Kyle Katarn or Corran Horn or Kyp Durron (really get the EU flowing into this comic!!) Besides seeing the amazing yet curious appearance of Luke Skywalker, I'm anxious for the next issue (and won't expect it to be on the bottom of the pile again).

As for the art, I thought it was on par with most of the regular artwork of the other series, and I thought the Yuuzhan Vong looked fine (comparing to the Japanese book covers) except they didn't appear to be scarred enough, even for regular warriors (although the one enjoying to be stabbed was sick!). Overall, I enjoyed it and think this series is off to a great start to be considered grouped with the New Jedi Order Very Happy (...which may be a shock to many viewers on this forum Laughing )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

*gasp* Aush...such kind words! Shocked

I never thought I'd see the day. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
*gasp* Aush...such kind words! Shocked

I never thought I'd see the day. Wink

Oh, funny, funny funny Laughing But keep in mind, I thought even the first issue of Legacy was enjoyable but then I read two.... We'll see Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cant wait for Issue 4 with the Solo kids!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just got issue 2 today...and totally LOVED IT!!!! Jaina looks good-they finally got her right-and having Jacen and Anakin and Kyp in there makes the series so much more enjoyable and worth my money. I am not regretting buying this one bit. Great story, great art, great characters, and kind of funny. Just get rid of Jacens squinty eyed look...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:50 am Reply with quote  

You know, I still haven't even looked at these.

Hmm, I really need to get my butt into a comic shop.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

BIG NEWS! If there's something out there sparking my love for Star Wars again, it's definitely this series! I just got issue 2 today (it came in the mail with the last 3 weeks of comics I read Razz) and just finished reading it. Finn is a funny character, and his look just reminds me of Cade but no complaining or death sticks; and his training lessons with Luke on the first few pages were nothing short from humorous. It was great to see the Solo kids, all well written to including Jacen's connection with animals and Anakin's rush into action when he sees/hears trouble. One problem I saw: why was Anakin's lightsaber blue and not purple *shakes head* (it's such an important lightsaber and I've always been a stickler when it comes to these blades colors lol)

As for Finn's mother and daughter, I can't recall the Yuuzhan Vong passing their beliefs onto other so early in the war (just turning them into mindless slaves) but it's nice to see Kaye stand up to them so defiantly. And the whole stabbing her with a knife was lame; they should have just thrown her in the Embrace of Pain.

Anyway, I give it top reviews for both writing and art, and if you haven't checked this out, I really, really, really recommend it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hallelujah, hallelujah! *chorus continues to play* I always wondered if ever the day would come that Aush would return to us, with good things to say, no less! A miracle has indeed occurred! Let us all celebrate! Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I just looked at some panels from issue #3 and without reading it, it looks like Luke Skywalker was on top form. And I liked seeing some drawings of the "invincibility" of the Yuuzhan Vong at the start of the war when it came to Jedi fighting them, but I'll give more details when I read the issue (which should be some time this weekend).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 4