Legacy Comic Series Discussion *#28 Spoilers*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legacy Comic Series Discussion *#28 Spoilers*
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:42 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

What do you think about it? It's currently on issue #21, with # 22 coming out soon.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote  

I'm not overly impressed with the Legacy comics. I don't like Cade, and Krayt just seems like your typical regurgitated Sith Lord. A lot of this is just the same old same old. I was hoping for something fresh and new, alas I haven't seen it. See a Skywalker as an addict, bounty hunter, and failed Jedi isn't enough to make this a bold new series. All these aspects were just thrown in. The focus is Krayt trying to turn him which is just Luke and Palpatine all over again. Nevertheless I'm gong to continue reading it for hopes that it might get better and because it's Star Wars and I can't help myself. Wink

My favorite character would be Darth Nihl because of his lightsaber and the way the character is drawn. We don't know too much about him and I'm not sure we'll ever learn a whole lot more. He's still the character I like most out of the series though.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

When Legacy and Legacy of the Force started off, I saw Legacy being Episodes IV, V and VI and LotF being Episodes I, II, and III. LotF has now started to go IV, V, and VI and I've stopped reading Legacy after #7. However, Legacy is still the number one selling Star Wars comic so it must be doing something right (although I think it has started to dictate what can happen in future book releases after Lotf. Who wants to read a series where no matter what the heroes do, they're going to fail?)

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have a mixed view of Legacy. It's clearly well done series, both when it comes to the writing and the art. The problem is, that we have seen most of these things that happen in Legacy already, several times in fact.

I especially dislike the Jedi Purge, the destruction of GA and the Fel Empire. The Jedi should not have been destroyed once more and so soon after Luke resurrected them, the falling galactic republics have become a running joke and the Fel Empire idolizes authoritarian rule, and I don't like the Fel family. They should have stayed with the Chiss. A revelation of a drop of Skywalker and Solo blood veins wouldn't change them from Fel Imps to Skywalker-Solos. Cade is also not so great as a supposed hero, as there are more heroic minor characters in the series, who don't spend so much of their time whining as he does of his time.

So, in my opinion, the series is just average because this lack of new things and the recycling of events and plots we have seen before.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Rouge77 wrote:
I have a mixed view of Legacy. It's clearly well done series, both when it comes to the writing and the art. The problem is, that we have seen most of these things that happen in Legacy already, several times in fact.

I especially dislike the Jedi Purge, the destruction of GA and the Fel Empire. The Jedi should not have been destroyed once more and so soon after Luke resurrected them, the falling galactic republics have become a running joke and the Fel Empire idolizes authoritarian rule, and I don't like the Fel family. They should have stayed with the Chiss. A revelation of a drop of Skywalker and Solo blood veins wouldn't change them from Fel Imps to Skywalker-Solos. Cade is also not so great as a supposed hero, as there are more heroic minor characters in the series, who don't spend so much of their time whining as he does of his time.

So, in my opinion, the series is just average because this lack of new things and the recycling of events and plots we have seen before.

Those have been my thoughts as well. I also think the series really restricts the novels now; why go on hoping Ben (for example) overcomes the near destruction of the GFFA when we know his effort is going to be for nothing in less than 100 years. Just my opinion, though.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote  

Read issue #21 today. I like Admiral Stazi. A Duros Admiral fits pretty well into the Star Wars universe. However, as I read the issue, I couldn't help but think how everything changes but nothing really changes. For instance, look at the ships. The Imperials, again the bad guys, have ships that still look like Star Destroyers and their fighters still look like TIEs. Then there is the Galactic Alliance with their ships. Visually they are very different from X-wings even though they still have an X shaped pattern wing. But it's mentioned that the GAF fighters can take more of a pounding at the cost of some agility. Essentially the same as X-wings. Then the Imperial commander in the issue is your typical buffoon, plus it was established in an earlier issue that he's racist towards nonhuman species. Again another hold over from the past. Which is pretty silly since the Sith whom they are working for are very much formed by alien species.

Overall the issue was so-so. The good guys one, go figure, and the bad guys loose. For me it's just too much of the same old same old without enough new interest to hold my attention. I'd like to see people breaking the stereotypes. Maybe an intelligent compassionate Imperial officer for a change.

Oh well, I'll still keep reading these just stay up to date with Star Wars. Maybe Vector will spice things up a bit with this series.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I don't like Legacy. Cade, Sin and Delia, who are supposed to be the heroes of this series, are total scum. I know some people might like the grittiness of this series, I think it's a step in the wrong direction.

I do, however, enjoy the other galactic events going on in the Legacy timeframe. I thought#21 was a great issue.
________
SOUTH AMERICAN RECIPES

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote  

The CF9 Crossfire starfighter is really cool though. The design kind of reminds me of a roadster. Very stylish.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just read the first compilation (graphic novelcalled Broken. I dont know the span of issues it covers, but actually, I really liked it!!!! I've been so swamped in the NJO books that it was a nice change of pace for me. The story-line is old, yes, but I like how the characters are handled and the art is really good. Blue and Syn really do suck, though. Cade is whiny, also, and I dont like ugly Skywalkers. Laughing I really liked the Fels, and seeing the Imperial Knights, as well as the other Jedi. Darth Talon is cool, and i like how the old Sith like Bane think Krayt's a loser. The beginning before the comic starts always gives me chills because then i start to wonder about the fate of our favorite EU characters, and i wonder how things got this far out of hand. So, all in all, i liked it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Haha. Yeah, I got the first three and overall, I thought it was pretty good, though a lot of people didn't.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, i just finished reading Legacy Volume 2, Shards and I just have to say the Joker Squad part Noob was awesome. Anyway, I have a question. Why, in the part Ghosts, does Anakin appear to Cade in his Force vision as Darth Vader, trying to turn Cade? Is it because Cade is just high and the drugs are affecting the hallucination? I wouldn't think that Anakin would want to turn anybody...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
Okay, i just finished reading Legacy Volume 2, Shards and I just have to say the Joker Squad part Noob was awesome. Anyway, I have a question. Why, in the part Ghosts, does Anakin appear to Cade in his Force vision as Darth Vader, trying to turn Cade? Is it because Cade is just high and the drugs are affecting the hallucination? I wouldn't think that Anakin would want to turn anybody...

I'm pretty sure it was just drug induced.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, that makes more sense. Since I'm only on Volume 2, I'm hoping he ditches the drugs along the way...It annoys me when Cade is sitting like a slob, totally high with a bunch of deathsticks around him. Definetly NOT a hero.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
Okay, that makes more sense. Since I'm only on Volume 2, I'm hoping he ditches the drugs along the way...It annoys me when Cade is sitting like a slob, totally high with a bunch of deathsticks around him. Definetly NOT a hero.

It gets better, and also way more interesting as you go. More complicated to. Be sure that when you get to the Vector arc of Legacy that you've read the rest of Vector or else you'll be pretty confused.

Legacy Comic
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:43 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I like the series only for the fun of trying to figure out the "lineage" of all the characters. You have a Fel on the Imperial Throne, The Imperial Knights, R2, and Luke and Mira Force ghost.

The series as a whole seems to have gone flat after the Krytt story line . I may finish these next three comics of the "Return to Tatooine..." storyline. But if it does not improve, I have other comics I want to pick-up and I will probably let this one go.

Your Uncle Kal

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2