Fate of the Jedi 6: Vortex by Troy Denning
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fate of the Jedi 6: Vortex by Troy Denning
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:09 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So not that we can necessarily speculate on this one yet, as it's still so far away, but any ideas on what the title might mean? I mean...it could be very straightforward, as I'm sure everything by that point will be a mess. Chaos. A Vortex. But what could it mean more specifically? A Vortex of Force powers? A Vortex of insane Jedi Knights? A political Vortex? Anyway, speculate away! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well I'm guessing VORTEX will be like Sacrifice in LotF. Not necessarily meaning a death (thought Denning's name has a black cloud over it) but I think it'll be like Mara's death, it'll be the turning point in the series. Vortex could imply that everything is spiraling out of control and one major factor will contribute to that. Sort of like one event that says things are over the edge, like the death of Mara (RIP) did to LotF.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, here's the definition from Wikipedia: A vortex (plural: vortices) is a spinning, often turbulent, flow of fluid. Any spiral motion with closed streamlines is vortex flow. The motion of the fluid swirling rapidly around a center is called a vortex. The speed and rate of rotation of the fluid are greatest at the center, and decrease progressively with distance from the center.

So I am thinking that someone or some organization will be in the middle of a huge conflict or huge turning point or decision that will be the defining moment in the series...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote  

How about time warps and flow walking chaos caused by Ben Very Happy

I'm sure that would cause things to spiral out of control...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

What about something to do with the MAW? That's sort of a vortex....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
What about something to do with the MAW? That's sort of a vortex....

But they're heading to the Maw in Abyss, and I'm fairly sure that the Maw is an abyss of black holes so I could see that happening.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:35 am Reply with quote  

Maybe it has to do with the architects or whatever. The guys who made the stuff that was on Kessel. Perhaps they have some sort of doomsday machine that can make a galaxy wide Vortex. And if the Sith get a hold of it...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What did you guys think of the cover? I think it looks really good- nice colour and an aged Han Solo! I can see why someone like Daala would still appear youthful with the medical advancements, but I can't imagine Han fussing in front of a mirror.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Hmmmmm, I like it. About time Han got his own cover.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:20 am Reply with quote  

Meh. It doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather see a new character than an even older version of Han.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Meh. It doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather see a new character than an even older version of Han.

Well, to my way of thinking, the Big Three are gonna have to step aside soon enough. Let them have their own covers while they can.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote  

Speaking of stepping aside, and since this is a Denning novel after all...what do you think Han's chances of survival will be? Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Speaking of stepping aside, and since this is a Denning novel after all...what do you think Han's chances of survival will be? Laughing

NOOOOOOOO! Don't even joke! *whispers* Denning will hear you!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing
Realistically though, I'd say his chance of survival is about 100%. Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote  

I'll give him a 75% chance of survival. There's also a 5% chance he might get sucked back in time by this vortex, and meet up with Anakin Solo just in time to save his life from the Vong. But that's a long shot. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 12