You Choose 08'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I think alot of people are going to be voting for Hilary because she's a woman, and Obama because he's black. One thing I've observed this election is that alot peope aren't really paying attention to the issues, and are voting based on the person.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Son Of Skywalker wrote:
Quote:
You misunderstand me, SoS. I'm not saying I'd vote for her because she's a woman (although some people probably will), but I'm saying the fact that a woman can enter and hold her own in a Presidential running is good, considering they couldn't even vote about a century ago

I do agree with you there. However, I sadly think that many people are voting for her solely because she's a women. I don't care; if Condi was running, I'd vote for her, based on ideals, not gender.

And I don't agree with that; it's like voting for Obama because he's an African American, Huckabee because he's Baptist, or Romney because he's Mormon. Look at who they are, what they are for, and what you believe will work. And do research; don't just follow the media blindly.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

MizzeeOH wrote:
I think alot of people are going to be voting for Hilary because she's a woman, and Obama because he's black. One thing I've observed this election is that alot peope aren't really paying attention to the issues, and are voting based on the person.

I don't remember 8 years ago, but I wonder what people were thinking when they voted there: issues or people. Bush isn't all that popular but he seemed like a great person 8 years ago. If people only voted on the issues, but unhappy with the person, then they don't want to make that mistake again. But you still shouldn't dodge the issues because their issues for a reason.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

That's exactly right. People hear about "taxing the rich, freeing the poor," and think they will get this "free money." What they don't realize, however, is that there are different perspectives of "rich" and "poor."

Should we help struggling families? You bet, but it should be looked into and the amount of money given monitored better. We also have to give motivation; without you get lazy people and society will destroy itself.

Quote:
Look at who they are, what they are for, and what you believe will work. And do research; don't just follow the media blindly.

'Tis what I meant exactly You know I feel people should do research themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Aush wrote:
I don't remember 8 years ago, but I wonder what people were thinking when they voted there: issues or people. Bush isn't all that popular but he seemed like a great person 8 years ago. If people only voted on the issues, but unhappy with the person, then they don't want to make that mistake again. But you still shouldn't dodge the issues because their issues for a reason.

I agree. And like you, I can't remember what that election was like. I was way too young.... What I don't get is why people voted for him again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

What really helps the Republicans is the way they campaign. The flip flop idea, whether true or not, was a great strategy because people aren't going to take the time to see if the candidates are actually flip flopping but if the news and other candidates say they are, then people will go with it. It's not always just about the issues, but the delivery.

Last edited by Aush on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
What I don't get is why people voted for him again.

Because he made our economy boom (despite it being rough now), tackle the terrorist, and more. Though I certainly don't agree with him on all issues, I would have voted for him over Kerry any day.

Last edited by MasterAndrew15 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Son Of Skywalker wrote:
Quote:
What I don't get is why people voted for him again.

Because he made out economy boom (despite it being rough now), tackle the terrorist, and more. Though I certainly don't agree with him on all issues, I would have voted for him over Kerry any day.

Even I wasn't a big Kerry fan. My candidate had his head blow up Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:49 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Aush wrote:
What really helps the Republicans is the way they campaign. The flip flop idea, whether true or not, was a great strategy because people aren't going to take the time to see if the candidates are actually flip flopping but if the news and other candidates say they are, then people will go with it. It's not always just about the issues, but the delivery.

I think that's another reason why people like Obama so much; he's a great speaker, passionate about what he thinks. Hilary just doesn't have that gift, and that's why alot of Democrats are flocking to him instead of her.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
I don't care; if Condi was running, I'd vote for her, based on ideals, not gender.

Have you heard the idea of Condi being McCain's running mate?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm a democrat and I just think Hilary is better qualified for the job as president. I like Obama alot but I just feel that Hilary will be better.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
I'm a democrat and I just think Hilary is better qualified for the job as president.

You say that, but what do you have to back it up? She's served as a senator only a few years more than Obama, and she was the First Lady, not the President, although she may have learned something.. (though I doubt it....)

Quote:
Have you heard the idea of Condi being McCain's running mate?

I haven't heard that, but I think there's a reason Huckabee is still in the race...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Who for the Republicans are you backing at this time, SOS? I'm going with Hilary because I feel she will work diplomatically better than others; of course, Richardson seems to have the most background on that front, a sense of humor, and a strategy that I agree with. Also, I do think she learned some things as first lady from her husband. As for her economic stance, I don't know it down to the detail, but it most likely will give breaks to where they're needed with the current situation, something the current President is trying to do.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:30 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Who for the Republicans are you backing at this time, SOS?

I like Romeny a lot; tough, smart, and he'd be able to finish up the job in the Middle East (Despite what you might hear in media, we are making great breaks Iraq, with Al-Queda in the country almost completely gone.) I'm all for diplomatic procedures, but not with terrorists. Russia? Sure, I think it's great. South Korea? Yep, we can talk it out. Iran? Barely, but I think it can be done.

I do think McCain is going to get the nomination, which I don't want at all, but we'll have to wait and see Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote  

I was gonna vote for Edwards in the up-coming primary, but he dropped out. He seemed like he had the best (or at least most thought out) ideas of the Democrat candidates. Since I can't stand Hillary I'll be voting for Obama.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 2 of 20