Sword's Short Stories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Library View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sword's Short Stories
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ha, say that 10 times fast... Wink Anyway, this is were I will post my Star Wars short stories.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

#1: Hope

Dramatis Personae:
Anakin Solo
Jaina Solo

Shortly before the events of Star by Star

"Because you are selfless...you will fall..." The warrior thrusts his ampistaff at my face...I dodge it an slice him in half...but they keep multiplying...more coming...they have me outnumbered...last one standing...surrounded..."You LOSE Jeedai!"...They close in on me...can't hold them off...
"No!" Anakin Solo awoke from his dream, sitting up boltright. His blankets were lying on the floor, and he was freezing, yet sweating at the same time. He had had that dream again...Anakin took a deep breath and ran his hands through his hair.
"Anakin?"
Startled, Anakin turned to see his sister, Jaina, in his doorway.
"Jaina? Hey. I didn't even sense you coming."
"I guess I'm just cool like that." Jaina said teasingly as she picked up one of his blankets and draped it over his shoulders. She got up onto his bed and sat across from him. "So what's up? I felt a disturbance."
"Oh, nothing. Anakin said. "Just couldn't fall asleep."
"PLease, Anakin, Don't humor me. I'm your big sister, and I know it was something more than that." She put a hand on his knee. "Come on. Tell me whats wrong. Maybe I can help you."
"Well..."Anakin sighed. "I had that dream again. The one were the Vong surround me, and taunt me. Except lately, I've been dying." He looked at her. " For the past four nights, I die. In that same dream. And there's no way out."
"Aw, Anakin. You know that won't happen. It's just a dream," Jaina told him reassuringly.
"Then why would I keep having it over and over?" Anakin asked.
"Well," Jaina said, "Maybe your doubts about the mission are making their way into your dreams. Since you're the leader and all, it's likely to happen."
Anakin took a shaky breath. " I guess. But they're so realistic. It's just scary!"
Anakin put his hands on his head. "Forgive me this one moment, Jaina. This one moment of not being the brave, fearless leader. Of not being the brash and daring hero." He pounded his fist on his knee. "I have so many doubts! Is it okay to be scared? Afraid? Is it even safe to have one tiny doubt, that could just creep up and cloud my judgement when I need it most? Jaina, what if this goes all wrong? What if I do die?" He raised his head up to look at her, and in the pale blue light shining from between the shades on his window, Jaina saw, really saw, how scared and uncertain her brother really was on about this mission. " I know this mission is vital to the war", he continued, " And I know that if I fail, the Vong win. I can't let that happen. But Jaina...I don't want to die." He shook his head slowly. "That probably sounds real selfish, but I still have so much to do, to experiance! I-
"Anakin, stop!" Jaina interrupted. "You will not die. I won't let it happen. We're the Solos! We're invincible, and nothing, especially not the Vong, will ever break us apart. You, me, and Jacen? Together, nothing can stop us.
"Don't get to overconfident there, sis,"Anakin said quietly.
"I'm not," she said. "Because I know that you will be a great leader, and you will guide us to victory. Don't let those dreams get you down. I am positive that we will get through this."
"Hopefully." Anakin said. "But this other thing has been bothering me too. What if-what if I need to help someone? Someone on the team thats in danger, but if I save them, it costs us the mission? I just don't know if I can do that. Deciding their fates for them. It won't ever feel right."
"Hmm..." Jaina put a finger to her lips. " You probably know the answer I'm going to give you, Anakin. The mission comes first. I know, its gonna be really hard. But you have to trust the people on the team to do their job, and defend themselves, because we need you to keep us united and moving. We can't let the mission fail because of one person, no matter who that person is. We promised we wouldn't let our attachments get in the way. That means if even I go down, Anakin, you have to keep going. You need to promise me that."
"No way," Anakin said. "I would never leave you behind."
"Anakin, please. Just say yes."
"Sure. Yes." Anakin said halfheartedly.
Jaina sighed. "Anakin, I have complete and total trust in you. I know it's difficult to stay strong when you have doubts, and I know it's hard to lead under so much pressure. But you are not alone, little brother. You'll always have me. And you will live! Don't ever doubt your chances of survival. And don't forget-the Solo luck is on your side." She smiled. "Anakin-" She reached over and pulled him in a hug. I love you. And know that no matter what decision you make, it will be the right one-and I will be with you the whole way." She ruffled his hair, and got up to leave. "Night, Anakin."
"G'night, Jaina." Anakin said. "And thanks."
"No problem. See you in the morning, little brother." She left the room, leaving Anakin alone to his thoughts. He lay his downon his pillow, hands folded behind his head. He knew there was no way he would ever leave Jaina, no matter what cost. And, as he drifted back into a peaceful sleep, he hoped beyond hopes that the famous Solo luck wouldn't run out this time...

The end! Constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first fan-fic and I need feedback. Thanks! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Im just relieved that it wasnt a Han-and-Jag talking Wink
Other then that...really gud stuff! Smile

It was a little too short perhaps:P

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey, awesome story! It almost made me cry. *sniff*

Just wanted to let you know, though, I think FanFics generally go here:

EU Library

But yeah, very nice story! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks! I didn't know if it should go under here, because the header under Creative Works says short stories, or in the EU library...I'll leave it to the administrators;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't even read that. I was just assuming. Nevermind! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quote  

I think the idea is that the EU Library is for Star Wars related fan fics, while the Creative Works section is for Non-Star Wars related stories. Thus I'm going to move this to the library. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nice story. Certainly better than anything I could ever do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Library

Page 1 of 1