President Obama
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
President Obama
 PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have to say something here, because this is a topic that has started to really make me angry.

You get all these articles nowadays about the "dangerous" and "hateful" right wing. Liberal news stations are all condemning people speaking out at townhall meetings, and radio talk show hosts stirring up hatred, etc

You have articles like these now (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=8324481&page=1) all over the news. This is being used as an excuse to clamp down on any criticism of the liberal agenda. For example, many townhall meetings, especially here in Washington, are done by telephone now. This basically allows whoever is running the meeting to choose what calls are taken, basically eliminating any real opposition.

Its hilarious to see the difference in behavior now. When Bush was president, I heard many people wishing death to him almost daily. But now when the pressure and insults are thrown at Obama, all of the sudden we are worried for his life? Because some radio talk show hosts compare some White House plans to Nazi Germany, suddenly we have to clamp down on opposing views to him because it is hateful and dangerous? Hmm, I didnt see anybody get angry when a show like Family Guy has some Nazis wearing a McCain campaign button, no instead people thought it was funny. Talk about double standards.

I am mostly watching America die from the sidelines, but I had to point out just how ridiculous The White House and liberal news providers are behaving.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I agree abosultely. And very well said, by the way. You only hear what the liberal media wants you to hear, and Obama is constantly put on a pedestal.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

We aren't comparing Obama to Hitler. We aren't wishing him to die. We aren't making personal attacks against him and his family. We aren't doing ANY of that crap and yet the liberal media is still spinning it to make us look like angry mobs and death cults.

All we are doing is speaking out and using our free speech. I've seen liberal protests and all they do is spew hate. But the media isn't going to report that stuff, is it? Confused

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The most intolerant people will forever be the ones screaming, "Tolerance!"

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

A vent....
 PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:13 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

What's most frustrating to me is he was elected as President, not a ruler. Since he has been in office all he has done is say "I want this policy on my desk by this date so I can sign it." No debate, no real "reach across the isle," no give or take. It has to be his way or he goes right to a press conference complaining that nothing is getting done.

I am tired of hearing about health care at the moment. I want to hear if social security will be around or will that money go to people who never put in a dime, I want to hear how the deficit will be LOWERED and not added on (which the governments own accounting office says this health care reform will RAISE the deficit). I want to hear how the government will try to live within their means and stop spending money they don't have (like my family is trying to do on A DAILY BASIS.)

I feel very sorry for the generation that is coming up behind me. What is happening now will affect them and a lot of others that will follow. That is so not fair. Sad

I am not anything close to the gentleman that almost destroyed Germany. I want nothing to do with him so I have decided not type it in here just incase some J@k @$$ who happens to stop by miss-reads this post and attacks me.

I am a concerned AMERICAN citizen, it is my right to question authority and in some cases vote that authority out because they where elected to the office - not appointed. It is my right under the Constitution and as a citizen to have a voice in this government whether I am right or wrong and not be attacked for it. PERIOD. The politicians in Washington work for US but it appears they have forgotten that.

Stepping off my soap box cranky as hell tonight;

Your Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote  

Here here, Kal! Well said. It looks like we got that change thing he boasted about, it just wasn't for the better. We didn't even get the transparency he bragged about. The thing that infuriates me the most is his doubletalk. He consistently says whatever is needed to try to sooth or abide his 'crowd.' One time he says 'this', and the next time he says the exact opposite if it's what he believes those people want or need to hear. The reality this creates is that no one knows what he's really about until he's trying to pass legislation in record time. He's destroying whatever trust the American people could possibly give him.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Thus Obama= Epic Fail Shocked
ah well...And wats wid the healthcare???Cuz thats all Fox or CNN ever talk abt Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:54 am Reply with quote  

I have no idea what's with the Healthcare Bill anymore. I thought it was basically all about the private healthcare option, but now they're talking about leaving that part out. However, that's the only part I've ever heard anybody talk about, so I'm not sure what's left.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Iím going to type down my thoughts concerning the video that OMB shared. The one with the little kids chanting for Obama and his non-existing accomplishments. If you haven't seen it, please check here:

Elementary School Children Sing about Obama

This could get scary, but Iím going to try to hold myself back. Weíll see what happens.

First of all, if any president was ever sung about, he was long dead and he had actually accomplished something. And he was already in the history books to be learned about in the first place! Obama hasnít been around long enough. He just got into office this year! Yet here we have some school kids singing his praises and chanting his name. Not to mention that they put the second half to the tune of the Battle Hymn of the Republic. And also, while Iím not going to say they did it on purpose, they used the line, ďRed and yellow, black and white, all are equal in his sight.Ē And if I must remind you how Jesus Loves the Little Children goes, ďRed and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight.Ē And most people I know, especially black people, know this song. So while Iím not going to say it was done intentionally, it was most probably done knowingly.

Before I go any further, I know somebodyís probably wondering, ďWhat did you mean, Ďmost black peopleí?Ē First of all, Iím not going to say African-American. I am not European-American, and they are not African-American. Period. Iím going to keep it very simple. They are black, I am white. Black and white, very simple. So now that weíve gotten that taken care of, let me explain what I meant by Ďmost black peopleí. Where I live, there are practically as many black people as there are white people. And I have absolutely nothing against black people, I love them to death. Every summer I do Bible Clubs for the kids around Louisiana and Mississippi, and Iíve gotten to where I donít even want to approach white families and their kids. Theyíre so cynical against the Bible Clubs that itís disheartening. But the black families, they love for their kids to come! And the little kids are adorable, I might add. I have some very good friends that are black. So no, I have nothing against black people at all. All I meant by that earlier statement was what I just said about the Bible Clubs. Where I live, almost every little black kid has been taught by his/her parents/grandparents who God is and who Jesus is. And they also almost always know Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children. This is very unlike the little white kids, who more often than not have never heard about God or are not allowed to speak of/learn of Him. So thatís all I meant.

Moving on, I originally had nothing against Obama. I was disappointed he had been voted into office, as I was hoping for someone that had ideals closer to mine. But since John McCain wasnít the greatest choice either, I didnít complain. I figured I should just wait patiently and see how Obama did. Donít just assume he was going to be the death of our nation, as many other Republicans were. I didnít think it was nice to judge so early on. So I ignored the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, etc. I kept my own eyes and ears open, and while I was more and more disappointed, nothing ever happened that really scared me. Until this video.

Recently some school administrators were arrested for contempt of court in Florida because they were praying outloud over a meal. You see, because of this prayer over the food, religion was being forced on the students. Really? Huh. Also, a suit was filed against a school for having the choir sing Christmas carols! The student felt they shouldnít be forced to sing religious material. The suit was appealed and thankfully the school won, but I still have to wonder that such a suit was even filed. You could say, ďBut that student had every right not to sing religious songs.Ē And you are correct. But in the same way, these littls kids in New Jersey were forced to sing the praises of their as yet unaccomplished President! And how did they get away with it? Because itís little 7 year olds who donít even know what theyíre singing. But theyíre going to be influenced all the same. As far as they know, Barack Obama is their messiah and savior. Because thatís what this song is teaching them. Were I the student in the situation with the Christmas carols, if I had something against them, I would simply not join the choir that year. I would not expect the school to change its entire program just for me. But in the New Jersey case, these kids had no choice! And in such a case, the song shouldnít be allowed. The principal and the teacher should be apologizing! But instead theyíre attributing it to Black History Month. And Iím not sure if Iím the only one that has noticed this, but Obama has been in office for less than a year. Iím not sure, but I donít believe that counts as history yet. The fact that he became president is a historical thing, sure, but thatís not what they were singing about! They were singing his praises! Allow me to provide you with the lyrics:

Lyrics
========
Song 1:
Mm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!
Mmm, mmm, mm
Barack Hussein Obama

Song 2:
Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!

Barack Obama is not our savior! This man is a president, just like every other president! We arenít singing the praises of Reagan or Roosevelt. Perhaps Lincoln or Washington, but donít you think they deserve it? Depending on your point of view, of course. But why is it that those who like Obama love Obama? They absolutely bow to him. It doesnít matter what he says, because itís gold. You ask students who voted for him, and they have no idea why. Because he was young and popular. I asked people at college, and thatís what they said!

I have nothing more to say about this particular video. But were I to join a debate concerning the Presidentís plans/changes, there I would have about 35 more pages to share. In point, I canít believe nothing more is being done about the song these children were made to sing. It will be a sad day when the people of our nation find nothing wrong with worshipping the President as our messiah. And Iím more than afraid that that day has come.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote  

Brainwashing. Someone in the government needs to wake up and make a stand. I think the only thing worse than crap like this, is that the government and our politicians are turning a blind eye to it. How is the law suppose to be upheld when our leaders pick and choose which ones they want to endorse?

I'm scared to think what year three is going to be like. Confused

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I've been terrified for our country since Obama starting campaigning for President. People seemed willing to swallow anything he said just because he could speak well and seemed like a nice guy. No one really took the time to ask where he stood on the issues, he just yelled, "hope!" and "change!" and everybody was thrilled. I think we're only just now starting to find out exactly what that "change" means.

As for the video, I can hardly believe this kind of thing is going on in the schools. Yes, Obama is the first black President. That is indeed an accomplishment. But what on earth are these other "accomplishments" that are mentioned in the song?

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Shocked That is disturbing. It's pretty scary, brainwashing kids into 'worshipping' a the President and not letting them sing about God. I'm not going to go in depth yet, because I have to give it more thought. All I'll say is this is horrific and, boy, am I proud to be a Canadian.

On a lighter note, this reminds me of what C.S. Lewis had to say about the direction school's were taking:
"It was what used to be called a mixed school,..., though some said it was not so nearly mixed as the minds of the people who ran it."
-C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair
I wish he was still alive, he'd set them straight. Or George Washington.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Shocked That is disturbing. It's pretty scary, brainwashing kids into 'worshipping' a the President and not letting them sing about God. I'm not going to go in depth yet, because I have to give it more thought. All I'll say is this is horrific and, boy, am I proud to be a Canadian.

On a lighter note, this reminds me of what C.S. Lewis had to say about the direction school's were taking:
"It was what used to be called a mixed school,..., though some said it was not so nearly mixed as the minds of the people who ran it."
-C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair
I wish he was still alive, he'd set them straight. Or George Washington.

Don't worry, we conservatives are gonna give him a ride for his life... Wink

And well put Mara. I couldn't agree with you more. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Jedi Joe wrote:
Don't worry, we conservatives are gonna give him a ride for his life... Wink

At least, we would if half the "conservatives" would wake up to what's happening. Rolling Eyes Maybe they will now.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm conservative and while I personally don't want Obama hurt like most extremists I agree that he needs to be removed from power if he starts trying to become god-like. He's allowing this to go on, and he shouldn't. He knows it. Its awful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 1 of 5