Coolest star wars character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:07 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm, not like Yoda. Yeah, his abilities with the Force and a lightsaber are impressive but what about his character? First off, I must recommend two pieces of media you should check out: the novel Yoda: Dark Rendezous and an issue of the Republic comics series during the Clone Wars. (I'll have to look up the name and issue number)

For my quick thoughts, Yoda is one that takes even more time to act than Luke. And the biggest weakness Yoda had was in Episode III when he fought the Emperor. Why? Because Palpatine saw it and used it to his advantage: "Your arrogance blinds you, Master Yoda." If there's one thing Luke has not had or had little influence from its his arrogance knowing that he's all powerful; that's one thing that places Luke above Yoda even in my eyes, but Yoda is a character that can teach anyone several good lessons or things to ponder. (Did I say quick? Laughing)

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Why I don't like Yoda:

1.I don't understand why he can't sense that Palpatine is dark. If Yoda is supposed to be so all-knowing and powerful, he should've been able to match the Sith's powers.

2. How come he couldn't kill Palpatine with his legendary "Swordmaster" skills? With all those great titles he has, he should've at least been able to injure him!

3. Even though I knnow he didn't want Anakin to be a Jedi anyway, He failed to sense that Anakin Skywalker was troubled and in danger of turning dark. If Anakin was a special student in the first place, he should have at least let Anakin read the notes from his Mom (Tatooine Ghost, I think, touches on this). What harm would that have done? It's becasue he couldn't keep up with her that he eventually had to go find her on Tatooine and find her near dead, the event, which I think, officialy started his path towards darkness.

Basically, he was a wise instructor and all that, but when it came time for action, he couldn't do crap. He's okay. I just don't find him as cool as most people think. He did nothing, in my eyes, that makes him stand out from any other Jedi Master. Besides, of course, messing up when it counted the most.

Chewie: While I don't really hate him, I don't like him either. Don't really have reasons for this one. Maybe I just think he's overrated. Yeah, he's Han's best friend. Yeah, everyone likes the Wookie sounds he makes. I just don't find him that cool, really. He doesn't do anything. Maybe this is because I've never read the Han Solo trilogy or anything like that. Maybe he's pretty kick butt in those. The only thing I really like about Chewie is how he sacrificed himself for Anakin and everyone else on that ship. But yeah, he's not that great...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Shocked U think Yoda is crap when it comes to the real deal!!
Blasphemy>>>ppl their shud be a law that states u cant go arnd dissing Master Yoda!!! Very Happy

Yoda gives us the coolest lines EVER!!!
Yoda didnt kill Palpatine on purpose>>>Yoda KNEW it wasnt his destiny=)>>It was Vaders Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

But if Yoda would've killed Palpatine and Obi-Wan killed Anakin, the Sith would've been gone.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
But if Yoda would've killed Palpatine and Obi-Wan killed Anakin, the Sith would've been gone.

Good point. Then again, if Yoda, Mace, and the rest of the Council had taken more responsibility for Anakin, he might never have gone dark to begin with. Just a thought. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SwordoftheJedi wrote:

Haha but then that whole pointless 'Chosen One' thing that supposedly underlined the entire film series wouldn't have worked. Btw, that was poorly thought-out and never explained. Bad move with that, throwing it in almost as an unexplained afterthought.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Caedus_16 wrote:

Haha but then that whole pointless 'Chosen One' thing that supposedly underlined the entire film series wouldn't have worked. Btw, that was poorly thought-out and never explained. Bad move with that, throwing it in almost as an unexplained afterthought.

I don't mind the whole "Chosen One" plot. I think it's rather cool. But it has led to endless debate among fans over if Anakin actually was the Chosen One.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well there's no 'where the prophecy came from' and 'who it came from' or 'what it really means' or anything like that. It coulda been Anakin, Luke, Caedus, any number of people. It also could be a recurring part of the universe. Like when the galaxy needs one it creates one type thing. It was poorly thought out I thought, and the whole Sith'ari thing makes it even more complicated because the Sith can have a chosen one too. It was a cool idea, but its something that they should've thought out more and built on more cause it wound up being nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

What you're saying sounds a lot like the Matrix. Basically, there isn't just one chosen one, but many, who restore balance to the Force: but only for a short time. Then it gets out of wack again and the next "Chosen One" comes along.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well...Perhaps Widout Anakin in the picture...The Seperatists might hav won?
And had that happned Palpatine still wouldve been in power.

Perhaps Palpatine truly was THE most powerful Force-user at that time...He let MAce get the upper hand to lure Anakin into the darkside?...And Palpatine managed to save his hide from Yoda.....

Anakin/Vader in the end is the one who =actually= kills the emperor....So yea...in my books >>>Anakin=The Chosen One=........Widout him according to me...Palpatine wouldve taken over regardless.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

In my view, the Chosen One worked out perfectly. Having Anakin have already fulfilled his destiny was a brilliant move, in my opinion. Through the entire PT we're treated with, "He is the Chosen One." But then we have RotS end with Anakin turning into Darth Vader, apparently missing his mark as said Chosen One. Except when we stop to think about, we have to remember there's more to the story. Darth Vader once again becomes Anakin Skywalker just before he dies and restores balance to the Force. The story had concluded before it even started.

That took me awhile to figure out, but once I did, it was a beautiful plot point. The fact that the Sith continue to return in the EU is a little annoying, but I suppose necessary. Anakin Skywalker did bring balance to the Force, but not forever. He simply saved it after it had gone oh, so wrong. And without him, who knows...the Jedi may have died out altogether. Even if more had come along, they would have had to start from scratch. It would have been a very, very long road back to what they once had known.

So...what a long point, but yes, I do believe Anakin Skywalker was the Chosen One. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote  

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
Why I don't like Yoda:

1.I don't understand why he can't sense that Palpatine is dark. If Yoda is supposed to be so all-knowing and powerful, he should've been able to match the Sith's powers.

2. How come he couldn't kill Palpatine with his legendary "Swordmaster" skills? With all those great titles he has, he should've at least been able to injure him!

3. Even though I knnow he didn't want Anakin to be a Jedi anyway, He failed to sense that Anakin Skywalker was troubled and in danger of turning dark. If Anakin was a special student in the first place, he should have at least let Anakin read the notes from his Mom (Tatooine Ghost, I think, touches on this). What harm would that have done? It's becasue he couldn't keep up with her that he eventually had to go find her on Tatooine and find her near dead, the event, which I think, officialy started his path towards darkness.

Basically, he was a wise instructor and all that, but when it came time for action, he couldn't do crap. He's okay. I just don't find him as cool as most people think. He did nothing, in my eyes, that makes him stand out from any other Jedi Master. Besides, of course, messing up when it counted the most.

Chewie: While I don't really hate him, I don't like him either. Don't really have reasons for this one. Maybe I just think he's overrated. Yeah, he's Han's best friend. Yeah, everyone likes the Wookie sounds he makes. I just don't find him that cool, really. He doesn't do anything. Maybe this is because I've never read the Han Solo trilogy or anything like that. Maybe he's pretty kick butt in those. The only thing I really like about Chewie is how he sacrificed himself for Anakin and everyone else on that ship. But yeah, he's not that great...

Ah, yes, good points. They all perfectly illustrate precisely why Darth Sidious is so much cooler than Yoda. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

ah but Vader looks more scary/
::Apologies accepted::...=chokes=
Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Skuldren, agreed. Totally. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:27 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This court Finds Sword Of the Jedi>>>GUILTY> Under the Blasphemy Act that was passed Yesterday. Cool ....and Skuldren too Mad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 5 of 6