Geek Meet!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Spaceport View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geek Meet!
 PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If there is a thread for this I'm sorry- I did not see one.

I live in Oregon, and have a heck of a time finding EU Star Wars fans- I've made a few myself, but none have the passion for the EU that I do.

I was curious do others have this issue?

If so I was thinking drop states you live and what not- if someone has the same state PM and see about hanging out- I know most of you EUCers already know everyone else, but I'm in a constant search to find an Uber-Geek living close that I can kick it with.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I live in Florida, and know one other EUCer who does too. Never thought about meeting with them though; maybe when CV comes we can organize an EUC member lunch? The members of the Star Wars blogs did it for CIV.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I live in Louisiana myself, rather far from Oregon. But I would love to meet the other EUC members. I'm not sure when we could ever manage that, but it'd be fun. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Most obvious place would be CV, depending on location. Or perhaps Star Wars weekends at Disney, but again, that depends on everyones location and distance to Disney. We are very spread out. The EUCast hosts come from all four corners of the U.S. Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

We are very spread out, and I think that's fun. But it's hard to get together, yes. Maybe we'll just have to do it bits at a time? OMB meets Autobon, Mara Jade meets Sword. Sword meets Joe, OMB meets Skuldren. Aush meets Salaris, Mara Jade meets Autobon. OMB meets Sword, Skuldren meets Salaris. And so on. You know...one at a time! That would be just as hard as everybody all at once, though. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, Autobon has already told me we will never meet, so your entire cycle just got ruined. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Autobon, Autobon. Why must he always be so difficult? I need to have a talk with that boy...Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
We are very spread out, and I think that's fun. But it's hard to get together, yes. Maybe we'll just have to do it bits at a time? OMB meets Autobon, Mara Jade meets Sword. Sword meets Joe, OMB meets Skuldren. Aush meets Salaris, Mara Jade meets Autobon. OMB meets Sword, Skuldren meets Salaris. And so on. You know...one at a time! That would be just as hard as everybody all at once, though. Smile

It's hard to find people with such passion for EU where we live, I mean don't get me wrong plenty of fans, but no EU type fans. It would rock to meet some more people into the EU, I've met a few 501st members from a neighboring city, my son has had a 501st presence at his last 4 birthdays he's 5.

My son loves it, but is still to young to get into the books. But he can school me at Battlefront now- he went from SW Legos to the battlefronts and loves it.

See in Oregon I live at the end with fewer people per square mile. I always "geek out" on my friends, some enjoy it, others I can tell humor me cause they love me Wink I wonder what state has the highest % of Uber Geeks like myself?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:41 am Reply with quote  

With everyone on the fringes, I'm smack in the middle Very Happy Of course Aush is north of the middle, but a whole state North.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
With everyone on the fringes, I'm smack in the middle Very Happy Of course Aush is north of the middle, but a whole state North.

Well looks like we've got a variety. Maybe a prize for the EUCer who gets a Uber Geek local to join up Laughing

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I live in Canada, far from everyone so It would be a long travel for me.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
I live in Canada, far from everyone so It would be a long travel for me.

For Canadians how difficult is it to find other Uber Geeks?

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was the only Star Wars geek I knew for years but turns out my girlfriend's little sister is one Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:
Well, Autobon has already told me we will never meet, so your entire cycle just got ruined. Wink

A memory of this discussion, I do not have.....

lol, I live in Seattle though, so I dont know anybody else that does. William came up here for a while, but we didnt get a chance to meet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Autobon wrote:
Old Master Ben wrote:

A memory of this discussion, I do not have.....

lol, I live in Seattle though, so I dont know anybody else that does. William came up here for a while, but we didnt get a chance to meet.

My best friend just moved there and has been trying to get me and my wife to follow- which we've admitted we may someday.

-
-

Page 1 of 8