Recovered messages from the Imperial Prison Barge Purge!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like more Letters from Purge to come out before the Bookd?
Yes! I want more SW Horror!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Yes! I love all SW and want as much as possible!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
No this is good enough lets not go overboard.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Recovered messages from the Imperial Prison Barge Purge!
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Recovered messages from the Imperial Prison Barge Purge

NOTE: The following messages were recovered from the Imperial Prison Barge Purge, after its discovery in the Unknown Regions.
With the exception of certain elements that have been redacted upon the request of specific parties or individuals, these letters and notations are presented here unedited, with their original spelling and syntax intact, in the interest of galactic scholarship.

The messages have been distributed to the following sites:
www.deathtroopers.com, www.starwars.com, http://www.swactionnews.com, www.njoe.com, www.rebelscum.com, www.theforce.net, http://clubjade.net/

Letter from Armo Drane (Inmate ICN-20020) to his wife Tso Sook Drane:

Dear Tso:
Well, itís morning again. Plenty of time to write and think. The guards say that we are still six days out from our detention moon but I donít know if I believe them. Seems like weíve already been gone a long time. The food here isnít as bad as I thought. I keep to myself and try to keep my head down. A guard named Wembly said heíd try to get this letter back to you and so I hope he does.

Someday I hope I can get a chance to explain what I did. If it makes things easier for you and Jollar it was worth it. Meanwhile I hope this letter reaches you in good health and the farm is not giving you too much trouble.

Your loving,
Arno

PS: Donít forget to check the humidity sensor on the water vaporator on the south quardrant. You know how it gets bound up.

PPS: If Moy-Ran Bostt comes by again and tells you we still owe him back pay for last season, you send him packing. He is a piker and he was already paid once for that harvest.

Found written on the wall of the Purgeís mess hall:

WARDEN KLOTH EATS IT

From Trig Longo (Inmate ICN-299282) to Gilles Longo:

Hey Dad:
I just found this letter that Kale was writing to you. He is asleep right now and doesnít know I found it under the mattress. But there was a little space left at the bottom to write this.

I think weíre the only ones left.

For a long time everybody was yelling, ďLet us out so we at least have a chance,Ē stuff like that. The Rodians in the cell across from ours died. Then the rest of them did too. Now itís so quiet. I can smell the bodies locked up around us. Theyíre starting to rot.

There are no guards left either.

I donít know why we didnít get sick. Whatever it is Kale and I must be immune to it. If no one comes to let us out weíll starve to death in here. Iím not hungry but I am thirsty and I donít want to die in here

Running out of room.

Wait.

I think I just heard something on the other side of the hall.

It sounds like footsteps heading this way.

Maybe weíll be all right after all

I think someoneís coming.

Letter from Dugtroy Osck (Inmate ICN-001198), AKA, Dugtroy the Header, AKA Dugtroy the Cruel, to Boffitt Einer, known associate:

Hello Einer:
Remember me? I hope so. You probably think I'm not your problem anymore. Double-crossing me on that spice run must have seemed like a great idea at the time. Rat me out to the Imperials, keep the shipment and the payday, and I'm out of your hair forever, right?
Bad news, Einer. That shipment wasn't mine. It was a run for a Hutt clan, but I'm not going to tell you which one. Congratulations, you just stole from the most vicious crime syndicate in the galaxy.

You picked the wrong mark this time, nerf . There's not a fixer out there that can square things for you now. I might be spending the rest of my life rotting away on a miserable detention moon, but I'm going to be sitting back smiling as I think of all the things the Hutts are going to do to you before they finally let you die.

(signed)
D.O.

From Purge flight deck autoresponse system, Error Message 156, 2110 hours:

Current inmate census unobtainable.
Current life-form calibration readings insufficient for census.
Please recalibrate life-form biorhythm criteria...

Found on the wall of the Purge's sickbay:

THIS ISH! EVERYBODY DIES!

From Imperial Corrections Officer Omar Zook, to his wife Kai Zook, Hanna City, Chandrilla:

Dear Kai:
I know I told you and the kids I would be home after this run. But that is not going to happen. I am sorry to say that something has gone wrong on the barge. Everybody is getting sick and nobody knows why. At first they said to keep quiet about it but now it doesn't seem to matter. Almost everybody has died so far. At first I thought I was going to be okay but now it looks like I have it too.

I am sorry, Kai. I know this is going to be hard on the boys. Will you please tell them their daddy loves them? I am so sorry this is how things turned out, but tell them I served to the best of my abilities and I was not a coward and never scared.

And I love you with all my heart.
(signed)

From Nox Xakarta (Inmate ICN 148901) to Illegible Recipient:

To (illegible):

Whats up my brother??? Youíll never guess where I am!!! Yes they FINALLY caught me!!! It is the big time now for me you bet. People will (illegible) now thatís for sure. Remember I always sad: Nox Xakarta will be famos yet. Right now we are in a Prison Barge but it is broken down (HA!) somewhere who knows where!!! Crazy right!!
Well get this! Now we have been in LOCKDOWN now for five hole Hours and I have not seen a Single Guard for that hole time. Mybe they gave up!

Come to think of it we shud have gone to the Mess by now.

I am sure Hungry.

And plus also my cellmate is (illegible) in his bunk. I think he is Sick or something.

Ill be fine though. I always was lucky.

NX

From Kale Longo (Inmate ICN 544450) to Gilles Longo (Inmate ICN 28740, deceased):

Dear Dad:

Pretty weird writing to a dead person, right? Except it doesnít feel any weirder than any of the other stuff thatís been happening lately.

Our detention level has been in lockdown for several hours now with no explanation from the powers that be. I donít think anybody knows whatís going on. The barge broke down sometime this afternoon. Wembly slipped by to tell us they found a derelict Star Destroyer and sent a crew up to scavenge parts but thatís the last Iíve heard about it. I can tell Trig is really scared and Iím trying to think of all the things that youíd do to make him feel better but itís not helping. I keep thinking if you were still here, it would be okay.

I know you always said not to have any regrets, but I wish I had been with you in the medbay that last time. I tried to get Trig to talk about what happened but you know how he is about stuff like that, Mr. Keep to Myself.

A guard just went running past our cell in an isolation suit. It was torn open around the mask and it looked like he was bleeding. I wish I knew more about what was happening.

I hope

(unfinished, unsigned)

From Dr. Cody to her father:

Dear Dad:

I don't have much time but I wanted to get this down while I had a chance. Things here have changed dramatically. In the last two hours my medbay has been overrun with sick inmates, guards and troopers, many of whom have already died while in my care. My medical droid and I have no idea what type of infection we're dealing with, only that it's extremely aggressive and traditional treatment seems completely ineffective.

Worse, our isolation and quarantine countermeasures have no effect. Although I haven't found any sign of contamination in myself yet, I can't help but think it may be inevitable.

There is sickness and despair everywhere, confusion and complete breakdown of order on every level. I just saw a stormtrooper in the hallway take off his helmet and put his blaster to his head. He was crying when he did it.

Even now I don't regret what I've done here and continue to try my best to help. I will try to write again if I get the chance but now must go.

Z

Letter from Dr. Zahara Cody, Chief Medical Officer, to her father, Teef Lan Cody:

Dear Dad:
Iím writing to you instead of Mother because I hope youíll understand what Iím about to say in the context that itís intended. Iíve given a lot of thought to what you said and Iíve reluctantly come to the conclusion that youíre right.

Consequently Iím resigning my post here after this mission is complete and will be coming back to (REDACTED) to take my place in the (REDACTED) organization.

I certainly donít regret the choices that brought me this far. Working for Imperial Corrections, Iíve gained invaluable life experiences and learned more about myself than Iíd ever imagined. But events have unfolded here aboard the Purge in the past few weeks that have forced me to reevaluate my priorities.

So I will see you and Mom soon. I hope to be back aboard a transport headed to the Core Worlds by next weekís end. It may take a bit longer. Thereís something wrong with our engines. But Iím sure it will be fixed soon enough.

Love,
Zahara

From Bissley Kloth, Warden, to Sgt. Hazar Yupcavage, Regional Director, Imperial Corrections Service:

Dear Sir:

Iím writing to inform you to the best of my abilities of the regrettable circumstances recently besetting the Imperial Barge Purge.

These are the facts. At 0945 this morning, our main engine thrusters became nonfunctional. We were able to dispatch a maintenance crew to a derelict Star Destroyer for replacement parts, and initially the mission seemed like it was a success.

What happened next was less clear. It appears as though the engineering crew may have been exposed to some type of infectious process. When questioned in medbay, the only thing that any of them were able to tell us is the word Blackwing. Database searches under this word yield no results except for one arcane reference to [REDACTED] in the [REDACTED].

In the interest of maintaining order I have followed standard operation procedure and quarantined the non-infected crew and myself in the appropriate facilities. We have sent distress signals to any and all nearby Imperial craft and have no intention of evacuating the barge unless it is absolutely necessary.

Thank you in advance for your understanding,

Warden Bissley Kloth

Those have recently been discovered on the Holo-net. More may come later stay tuned.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Re: Recovered messages from the Imperial Prison Barge Purge!
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So does this set the stage for you? Or does this take away from the suspense of what will come?

There may be Spoilers for Death Troopers so please apply the cool little banner where applicable.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

'Kay, so what's going on?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The 10th these letters were put onto the various sites. These letters tie into the Death Troopers novel.

I like them- they give enough hints that you know what's going on- but they don't tell you TOO MUCH.

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

These are great! Thanks so much for posting them, Rogue. They definitely get me even more excited for the book. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
These are great! Thanks so much for posting them, Rogue. They definitely get me even more excited for the book. Smile

Me too- I so look forward to being freaked out with this one!

-
-

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1