Star Wars Biographies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you like to see in the next biography?
Yoda
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Count Dooku
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Darth Sidious
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mace Windu
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
R2-D2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chewbacca
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Han Solo
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
An EU Hero
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Hey, what's to stop them from releasing an Anakin Solo bio now? It might help ease the pain of fans like myself who are still grieving his death. Sad

The only thing I can think of is someone was listening to the moaning about wanting Anakin Solo to have more adventures squeezed into his lifetime.

Aside from that- GREEN LIGHT.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just my opinion, it would be cooler realeased in a three book hardcover set (all the Solo kids)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, that would be awesome. I sure hope they do something like that. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Speaking of which, I picked up Luke's bio the other day and looked at it. Wish I could have purchased it. But money is tight these days. And I'm trying to save up and make sure I have enough for 501st and the rest of the upcoming novels, as well as being able to go back and purchase the ones I have missed: Omen and Abyss.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lots of cool pictures in there? Cuz if there is, I might blow my saved money for the SW video games coming out and buy it. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Yes, that would be awesome. I sure hope they do something like that. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Speaking of which, I picked up Luke's bio the other day and looked at it. Wish I could have purchased it. But money is tight these days. And I'm trying to save up and make sure I have enough for 501st and the rest of the upcoming novels, as well as being able to go back and purchase the ones I have missed: Omen and Abyss.

No pictures- it's like the Vader and Obi wan- it has some comics covered-Iceworld, The Paradise Detour, Crucible, Luke Skywalker's Walkabout, parts from Tatooine ghost and the classic trilogy.

But no pictures- I busted out my Luke Skywalker : Last Hope of the Galaxy to check out the comics the book was describing. I wish some one would tackle the Dark Empire series.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ok so I just finished the Luke Skwyalker one- it was ok. I don't thinknit was as good as either Obi's or Vader's but I think that for me it was due to they both died and we had a taste of the netherworld. Whereas Luke's story ends and it mhadn't even gotten to the NJO time frame- he was still single even.

So that for me was a sort of buzz kill. I like my Luke with a big side of EU background. It felt like it was all Marvel comics used. Which were the ones I recognized at least.

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just thinking that a Dooku bio might be hard, considering we hardly know anything about why he turned to the dark side and I kind of like the mystery of that. I find Han boring. I know...blasphemy. Sad Sorry. I have never read the Han Solo trilogy or anything, so maybe that would change my opinion of him...I think a Leia bio might be cool, but also slightly boring. And a quick question: Does Leia have like the smallest fan group? Because I have never really heard a vocal Leia supporter of fan on any forums I have ever been on. Just wondering. You just don't hear alot about her in EU terms.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I'd be interested in a Leia bio as long as the whole thing wasn't about her learning politics. That's probably why a lot of people don't like her in the EU. Even in the NJO, she was more politician than Jedi. Wasn't she knighted in Dark Nest? It's ridiculous that she wasn't fully trained up until then.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
I'd be interested in a Leia bio as long as the whole thing wasn't about her learning politics. That's probably why a lot of people don't like her in the EU. Even in the NJO, she was more politician than Jedi. Wasn't she knighted in Dark Nest? It's ridiculous that she wasn't fully trained up until then.

No doubt- especially if you apply how she was in the Dark Empire 1 & 2 Series and Empire's End. She was scoring left and right as a Jedi- she gets her own light saber- steals that Holocron from Palpatine, brings Luke Back to Force Light Palpatine and then we see= Polotican not wanting to finish her training to the point that she waited so long and she STILL hasn't made Master!

I think that's what Really ticks me off about
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I actually like how Leia's kind of a luke-warm (no pun intended ) Jedi, because almost every other main character is a powerful, commited Jedi so it's kind of nice for a change. She has potential to be as powerful as Luke, but she chooses not to, it makes sense if you really think about it, considering how she feels about Vader.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
I actually like how Leia's kind of a luke-warm (no pun intended ) Jedi,

OMG That IS the BEST PUN EVER Reep!!

Yeah- it does make sense seeing her feelings towards her dad- made me think of how in LotF How Jacen knew his mom's feeling about her kids becomeing the next Vader- and he still went forward- (right now I'm looking at Jacen like the one who sacrificed who he was for a greater good) (could change next book but for now here I am) and became the Monster she feared anyway just to prevent a worse one from rising.

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

It does indeed make sense that Leia hasn't gone for "All-Powerful Jedi" status, but I still think she took way too long to finish her training.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Agreed- and the fact that she's not seen as an equal but a lesser to most of the Masters- I find that very disrespectful to everything she did for the Galaxy while Luke was setting up the Order- in many ways HER actions alowed Luke the time he needed to set up the Order again.

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote  

Leia Fan Club
Members = 0

Crying or Very sad

Snip's Fan Club
Members = 1

Hey, it's better than none Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Poor Leia. So awesome in the movies, so abused in the EU. I honestly like Leia these days; it's just the memory of the Bantam era that makes me say negative things about her.

And sorry to burst your bubble, DS, but I doubt the Snip's Fan Club will ever get another member. Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 3