Favorite EU moments of all time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

What kind of romance books does she like? The Courtship of Princess Leia is my favorite Star Wars book ever for two reasons. One, it was the first Star Wars book I ever read. Two, the banter between Han and Leia. Priceless!

I would definitely recommend that one if she would enjoy Han and Leia's relationship. And there's nothing to catch her up on, either. It practically starts where the movies left off. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There is hardly any good romance books in Star Wars IMO...I love the Jaina/Jag stuff, but most people think it went on too long. Hmmm...maybe she would like the Specter of the Past/Visionof the Future Duology. Luke & Mara. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There was some book where mara destroyed her ship. Its a zahn novel, I cant remember the name. But that was ok.

However, for a great Star Wars romance experience that you will never forget, just watch AOTC. Its not my favorite movie for nothing Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I believe Vision of the Future is the one where Mara crashes her ship.

And, duh, AotC is the most epic romance of our generation! Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I made the mistake of having my wife read this one as her FIRST step into EU- everyone else I hooked with SBS- she cried so hard- hard nightmares for a month- and vows to never read another of my "sad ass books" She related to Mara and Jacen so the series wasn't going well for her- I spoil the hell out of her- she's my little Holocron that I tell things too

See, I couldn't even get my wife to give it a go. She has asked how many space battles and/or lightsaber fights I can read about. I have TRIED to explain that it is much less about the action sequences and much more about the characters involved(who just happen to be set in the SW universe), but she can't be bothered.

But Illogical, I have no idea for you, because my wife LIKES the dreary depressing type of books. Books based on true stories that are sad, authors like Jodi Picoult. So we are destined to have our own things.

My nine year old is starting to get into the books. Unfortunately for him, he checked out Crystal Star from his school library. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was my least favorite book.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Another favorite EU moment: When Jaina lands on Nickel One, and the following fight with Caedus. It felt like everything was in slow motion with Jaina in the drop suit, and when she killed that guy and the slow motion spray of red that came from his helmet was epic!!!!!!! And the first fight with Caedus was AMAZING!!!!! Gosh, I loved it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Favorite EU moment has to be the death of Anakin Solo, I know it was depressing but it was so well written.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:59 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Anakinlover89 wrote:
Favorite EU moment has to be the death of Anakin Solo, I know it was depressing but it was so well written.

Yeah him and Ganner.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:51 am Reply with quote  

One of my favorite EU moments that come to mind is when Thrawn dressed up like Jodo Kast. It doesn't get more awesome than Thrawn as a Mandalorian bounty hunter.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Two words: Lieutenant Kettch. Perhaps the funniest bit in the EU ever. As for more epic moments, I'll have to give it some thought.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:53 am Reply with quote  

I'd forgotten about him.

"His name is Kettch, and he's an Ewok."
"No."
"Oh, yes. Determined to fight. You should hear him say, 'Yub, yub.' He makes it a battle cry."
"Wes, assuming he could be educated up to Alliance fighter-pilot standards, an Ewok couldn't even reach an X-wing's controls."
"He wears arm and leg extensions, prosthetics built for him by a sympathetic medical droid. And he's anxious to go, Commander."
"Please tell me you're kidding."
"Of course I'm kidding. Pilot-candidate number one is a Human female from Tatooine, Falynn Sandskimmer."
"I'm going to get you, Janson."
"Yub, yub, Commander."
―Wes Janson and Wedge Antilles

The only thing better than that was when Kettch became real, or when Wedge dressed up as an Ewok. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I'd forgotten about him.

"His name is Kettch, and he's an Ewok."
"No."
"Oh, yes. Determined to fight. You should hear him say, 'Yub, yub.' He makes it a battle cry."
"Wes, assuming he could be educated up to Alliance fighter-pilot standards, an Ewok couldn't even reach an X-wing's controls."
"He wears arm and leg extensions, prosthetics built for him by a sympathetic medical droid. And he's anxious to go, Commander."
"Please tell me you're kidding."
"Of course I'm kidding. Pilot-candidate number one is a Human female from Tatooine, Falynn Sandskimmer."
"I'm going to get you, Janson."
"Yub, yub, Commander."
―Wes Janson and Wedge Antilles

The only thing better than that was when Kettch became real, or when Wedge dressed up as an Ewok. Laughing

'Bleed and die - Yub Yub'

Definitely one of my favorite books in the X-Wing series Smile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I was rolling on the floor with that bit. HIlarious! Allston really pulled it off. Now I want to go read X-Wing again. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, me too. X-Wing was awesome. Kettch will live in my memory and signature forever. Yub yub. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This isn't necessarily a favorite moment, but it is a touching moment. Only now, though, because I'm reading it after the fact. *sniff*

"Oh, you'll beat this, " Leia said. "You will. And you'll have babies, and maybe soon after you, Jaina will have her own." She pushed Mara back to arm's length. "And won't that be fun?" she asked. "The three of us sitting around, trading stories, while Luke gets to babysit them all."
It was the perfect thing to say at that moment, and the edges of Mara's lips turned up, just a bit, into a smile, and a flash of hope crossed her vivid green eyes.
Leia knew, though, as she and Mara headed back to the bridge, that it might well be a fleeting hope, and an image of herself and Jaina sitting and talking to Jaina's babies about their brave, deceased great-aunt Mara nearly broke her down at that moment.
Nearly, but she held back the tears. She had to, they all had to, for Mara's sake.

Maybe Leia was able to hold back the tears, but I wasn't! *sobs*

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 2 of 3