Apply to be an EUCantina Moderator

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Feedback & Suggestions View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apply to be an EUCantina Moderator
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:13 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

There are currently no moderator positions available. Leave your application and we will review it if the position ever comes open.

Every forum needs peacekeepers. The EUCantina Moderators help keep the forums clean, redundant free, and try to make sure there is an absence of troublemakers. Here are a few answered questions about becoming a moderator here:

What are the requirements of becoming a EUCantina Moderator?

There are a few,and they are meant for people who are serious about helping out our community, allowing it to grow and prosper.

1. Be on the boards frequently. We need helpful, devoted and knowledgeable mods here.

2. Help new members and greet them. The "Spaceport" is a great place to help new members and greet them.

3. Know the rules. This includes the Shoutbox rules and the general board rules. To be able to guide troublemakers is the main job for moderators.

4. Redirect threads, and members, properly. If you see a member or thread in the wrong forum, use your best judgment and redirect them to the correct one. That is also a HUGE help to the forum moderators. Be sure to be kind about it, and not just simply say, "Oh, your thread isn't suppose to be here. It will be locked soon." It's not helpful, it's rude. Provide a link and a little reason, and let us know about it by contacting a forum moderator or administrator by PM so we can take the appropriate action. If you aren't sure about redirecting, simply alert a moderator or administrator and they will deal with it.

5. You must be 14 years of age or older. By U.S law, we can't promote anyone younger then 13 to the EUCantina. However, you must be at least 14 years old to be eligible to become a mod.

If you are a member that does all of this and beyond we will consider making you a mod quickly. This includes openly following the rules and being an example to others.

How will we know if an Administrator chooses us to become a moderator?

When candidates are chosen, Old Master Ben (or another administrator) will e-mail them stating the terms of becoming a moderator, what you need to know, and asking if you will accept. However, if we don't receive an e-mail back within 5 days, we will assume you weren't interested in becoming a moderator. The e-mail will be from the the site (staff@eucantina.net), and it will be titled, "We Have Chosen."

If I've been temporary banned, will I have a chance in becoming a moderator?

Yep. If you can show us that you've change and matured and then apply you will be considered.

How are new moderators chosen?

The administrators go through a list that a moderator makes, cuts people, and then chooses the new moderators. It's not a vote, and it's not open to the public.

How do moderators "end" their terms?

Two ways. They can ask to resign or, if they are inactive and can no longer serve their role to help the site. In either case, they simply revert to being regular members again.

What thread do you apply in?

This one. Please fill out these questions when you do:

What time would you be able to moderate? (Your time zone):
Your e-mail(current):
Forum of the EUCantina you are interested in moderating (i.e. Electronic Games):
Your website (if applicable):
Any previous mod experience (if applicable):

The responses will be edited, and all applications will be saved. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

What time would you be able to moderate? (Your time zone): Every 1 to every 4 days.
Your E-Mail(current): bluexwingpilot@yahoo.com
Forum of the EU Cantina you are interested in moderating(Electronic Games, The ME Cantina, L&M): You can put me wherever you need another mod
Your Website (if applicable):
Any previous mod experience(if applicable):

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

And I did too! I put all sorts of SPOILERS in there so read at your own risk.......
It'll ruin SO MANY series if your not up to date.....

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What, did someone quit or something? Or just looking for extra help?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hmm... I'd love to, but seeing as I don't actually own a computer and am only on one for hour periods when I use one, I'll have to make a pass for now due to unreliability, but maybe sometime in the future.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
What, did someone quit or something? Or just looking for extra help?

I think it's just one of those threads that's out of date maybe and needs editied alittle- I noticed a few thread like that- then saw this one and thought- hmmm IR2 be bored- IR2 has time- IR2 can fix Laughing

But then thought : how pretentious of me to just apply being so new here and went all spoilor warning. I;m an dork as well as an Uber-Geek: Jack-of-all-trades.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, really we don't need any other mods right now. Sorry. Sad I guess that's kind of a good thing though. Smile I will update the post to say that the position is full.

Thanks anyway. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Feedback & Suggestions

Page 1 of 1