Kad/Venku Skirata

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kad/Venku Skirata
 PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:15 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So let's speculate on what happened to Kad after Order 66. I'm supposing (and hoping) that we'll read more about him in the upcoming Imperial Commando books, but until then, what do ya'll think he goes on to do with is life? Because he seems to be following Jusik around when we see him in LotF. What happened to Dar? Did he ever get to know his dad? I'm sure Skirata had died by then, but how long did Kad know him? And speaking of which, why did he go back to using Venku when he got older? Something to do with the meaning of "future" versus "dagger/sword"? Or was it simply because Traviss hadn't renamed him yet when she mentioned him in LotF? These questions and many more I would love to have answered! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:48 am Reply with quote  

Wasn't Venku the name Skirata gave him? And then Dar mentioned he liked Kad so they changed it back? So that probably has something to do with the later name change. Since his mom died, and perhaps Dar didn't get to stick around long, that would mean old Kal raised him, or Jusik. Maybe by calling him Venku it helped ease the pain of what happened to his parents.

And since we're speculating. I'm betting Dar is going to meet a nasty end. I certainly don't want it to happen, but I have the bad feeling that it is going to happen.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm hoping Dar can escape to spend at least some time with Venku.

It would be a bummer if Venku's life amounts to shadowing Bard and not much else. I agree that I look forward to the two IC books to shed more light on this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm so sad- I just realized- Kad/Venku may not ever be used again....... Shocked

Not on my watch! Starts shouting here! Don't let him stay out of the pic. I hope to see him more!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:

And since we're speculating. I'm betting Dar is going to meet a nasty end. I certainly don't want it to happen, but I have the bad feeling that it is going to happen.

Man I hope not- but your probly right. That to me would suck and sort of lessen Etain's sacrifices. I hope if he does he at least gets to get to know Kad first!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Wasn't Venku the name Skirata gave him? And then Dar mentioned he liked Kad so they changed it back? So that probably has something to do with the later name change. Since his mom died, and perhaps Dar didn't get to stick around long, that would mean old Kal raised him, or Jusik. Maybe by calling him Venku it helped ease the pain of what happened to his parents.

Yeah I really worry about all of them - I recall Venku's armor is made of pieces from others. If I had to speculate the Empire discovers a force sensitive clone off-spring and goes after him. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

comanderbly wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

Yeah I really worry about all of them - I recall Venku's armor is made of pieces from others. If I had to speculate the Empire discovers a force sensitive clone off-spring and goes after him. Sad

Ahhh Crubix I forgot about that fact- hmm loos like Kad's wearing Clan Skirata.......

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Don't say that! *covers ears*

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That would be horribly sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

The horror.....Sad

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I KNOW right!!?

Hopes that I'll see him back in the books someday- present LotF era version.

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well, he was present in LOTF, so it depends on how much the other authors continue to bring the mandos into the FOTJ. And then, if they are more detailed, will they pick up Karen's charachters.

You gotta figure a mando with jedi abilities is too tempting for the other authors not to touch. Venku could end up one of the most important characters to come if they choose to include him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quote  

Oh my, think of it, Venku could heal the wounds between the Jedi and the Mandalorians. Think of that alliance...Jedi AND Mandalorians. No threat in the galaxy would stand a chance.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Now, I'm sure there would be some hardcore mando's holding grudges that would never partner up with the jedi.

But there could be a whole faction of mandos that partner up with the jedi, at least for specific needs.

Of course, this doesn't seem to be the case around the time of the Legacy comics, so it's probably not in the cards unless they have a fairly short-lived alliance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Oh my, think of it, Venku could heal the wounds between the Jedi and the Mandalorians. Think of that alliance...Jedi AND Mandalorians. No threat in the galaxy would stand a chance.

Where are the creative minds of the Legacy comic when I need them!!!!

LISTEN.............wait for it......................AND USE.

-
-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 1