Anakin Solo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Me (being cynical as I am), I don't think there's a reason Anakin hasn't come back as a ghost. I just think that it's because the authors didn't feel like resurrecting him or had better things they wanted to write about. I'm hoping we see him as a ghost, although that's unlikely now, given that it's been almost twenty years since he died.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Aw...he would be grown now. *sniff* We could see his mature character, the man he would have been. Crying or Very sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quote  

Perhaps a Star Wars Infinities novel? Anakin survives the Yuuzhan Vong war, Jacen avoids the dark side...hmm, what would the war be...Jaina becomes ruler of the Imperial Remnant after Jags death. She blames the Republic and declares war on it. Muwhahahaha! Twisted Evil

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sadly enough Skuldren, I'd almost rather have seen that be canon than Anakin dying. Jacen going Sith was okay. A little shortlived, but okay. As to Anakin's ghost or any of that, he keeps showing up somehow. I have a feeling that he'll still be a huge impact on Tahiri (if they acknowledge her anymore).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, for some reason everytime i click on this thread i am thinking about Anakin Skywalker. So when i start reading about him dying, it throws me off everytime.

It will happen again anyways, oh well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

haha--Jaina declaring war on the Republic....WOOT

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Kenth Hamner will probably piss Jaina off and she will go out on a vengeance quest.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

In Traitor, when Jacen is in the Solo's old apartment, is that really Anakin he is seeing? or is Vergere playing some dumb game again?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
In Traitor, when Jacen is in the Solo's old apartment, is that really Anakin he is seeing? or is Vergere playing some dumb game again?

No one's really sure on that one, its just kinda up to the reader. I'm a pessimist and therefore believe that Vergere's projecting it for Jacen to see. I'd like to think that its really Anakin's spirit but I refuse to get my hopes up as they just kinda butchered him and let his name keep coming back. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I do think it was Anakin because of the way he and Jacen interacted. Also, I believe Jacen awoke much later to find Vergere there with many Yuuzhan Vong outside the door or nearby, so I don't think she could have projected and interacted so well if she was busy dealing with them.

However, Caedus_16 is right in it being up to the reader. I presented my argument, but earlier in the book when Jacen is killing the future world brains, he's about to take out the last one when he hears Anakin telling him to stop and turns around to see Vergere running toward him. Was it a Vergere projection or really Anakin again? I would say that's all Vergere since she didn't want to see the last brain die just yet, and that's why it's hard to be 100% sure who else was with Jacen in that apartment (although I believe it to be who I say it is Smile )

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:33 pm Reply with quote  

Why Anakin Solo is better than Jacen or Jaina...

1. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Jacen dithered on whether to act or not and constantly hesitated for fear of walking the path of the dark side.

2. Jaina had an extremely messy love life.

3. Both Jaina and Jacen fell to the dark side, though Jaina's was very brief and mild.

4. Anakin had the 'vongsense.'

5. Edge of Victory I & II. These books made Anakin great.

6. Anakin was the first to become the embodiment of the Force.

7. Anakin was a warrior and respected warriors. This is evidenced by his recognizing on the worldship that the one area was an arena where warriors died for their people's prosperity. It was not a place to be carried.

8. The Legacy of the Force books totally trashed Jacen's legacy.

9. Jaina became a Joiner.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yea well....As Far As Jacen not acting...
Hey it was his right:P...if he thought that him fighting wud in the end bring more death then gud>>.

But Yea...I like Anakin Solo more too. Just that Jacen looked so cool wid his new way of the Force....dunno how he went astray=s...a stupid dumbbb vision of him slayin Luke Rolling Eyes ..ah well=(

Anakin was coolness personafied....and his friendship wid Tahiri was nice as well=)...
Ive written a fan fiction wher Anakin adn Jacen come back to life....It makes sense to me Wink ...But Ive turned Jacen into a hermit. and Anakin is the one who gets the main spotlight...and in my novel i turn Jaina into a Master...or atleast the most powerful Jedi after Luke ATLEAST!!!..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Can't argue with it, Anakin was really cool and yes, DR has after his death destroyed his siblings as characters. Jacen was killed in a series that at it's worst was not only pulp fiction, but fit to be pulped, and Jaina is on her way to becoming little Mrs Jagged Fel, Imperial Consort. Well, at least there will be servants to bake cookies for future little Fellings in the Imp palaces...

DR can try to build up their pet Skywalker as much as they can, but Anakin was that kind of character that grew bigger than was intended - like his dad in OT - and was not forcibly made into a central character. He was a runaway star, unlike Ben Skywalker whose character and lifestory has been planned and written by a committee leafing through "How to build a hero" manual.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

FatalFist wrote:
Yea well....As Far As Jacen not acting...
Hey it was his right:P...if he thought that him fighting wud in the end bring more death then gud>>.

But Yea...I like Anakin Solo more too. Just that Jacen looked so cool wid his new way of the Force....dunno how he went astray=s...a stupid dumbbb vision of him slayin Luke Rolling Eyes ..ah well=(

Anakin was coolness personafied....and his friendship wid Tahiri was nice as well=)...
Ive written a fan fiction wher Anakin adn Jacen come back to life....It makes sense to me Wink ...But Ive turned Jacen into a hermit. and Anakin is the one who gets the main spotlight...and in my novel i turn Jaina into a Master...or atleast the most powerful Jedi after Luke ATLEAST!!!..

That sounds like an amazing fan fic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I feel like commenting on Skuldrens points in bold...

1. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Jacen dithered on whether to act or not and constantly hesitated for fear of walking the path of the dark side. True. Cant argue with that. Razz

2. Jaina had an extremely messy love life. Also true, the authors handled it horribly and dragged it out, though i still love it.

3. Both Jaina and Jacen fell to the dark side, though Jaina's was very brief and mild. Anakin died before he had a chance to even think about going to the dark side.

4. Anakin had the 'vongsense.' But so did Tahiri and Jacen, and Jacen got his by actually connecting with the Vong while Anakin used a crystal.
5. Edge of Victory I & II. These books made Anakin great. Vey good books, I was better than II, though, I think.
6. Anakin was the first to become the embodiment of the Force. Can't argue with that.

7. Anakin was a warrior and respected warriors. This is evidenced by his recognizing on the worldship that the one area was an arena where warriors died for their people's prosperity. It was not a place to be carried. Why does that make him better than Jacen and Jaina?8. The Legacy of the Force books totally trashed Jacen's legacy. Yep. Wait... what was his Legacy? Just kidding.
9. Jaina became a Joiner. Don;t remind me...I am ashamed.

I still dont see why he is the best, though. I get that he was a warrior. So was everyone else. I get that he wanted to take action, but so did Jaina and Kyp Durron. Im not seeing what makes him different from anyone else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 2 of 9