President Obama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
The President AND Congress.....
 PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:54 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

The only thing we as Americans can do right now is take a stand and let our voices be heard. It is our RIGHT to speak up. It is also our right to vote anyone out of Congress at the next election. I personally will vote all the Democrats out and if need be Republicans too. I am sick of both parties and their damn politics.

How can you tell me that a President and a Congress has the right and knowhow to draft a WORKABLE Healthcare bill in the period of few months? Do any in congress or the President for that matter hold any kind of medical degree? Please show me why a politician feels they are qualified enough to draft this kind of legislation?

I'm just trying day in and day out to hold on and not get further in debt. All I see is people losing jobs, homes not selling and the price for basic needs going up almost on weekly basis. How can congress and our President look the AMERICAN people (you know - the ones who elected them and those who didn't) in the eyes and tell us that this Healthcare bill will not raise taxes?

I'm sick of people telling how to think if my thinking is not in line with them. My comment to them:

BITE ME!!!

A Very Crabby Uncle Kal!

Good Night!

P.S. I also don't wish ill will of him. His election was historic hands down. He just needs to realize the power of the office and use it WISELY. Not as if he was crowned a king. We are a Democracy, that's what our Fore Fathers fought for - not a Kingdom.

Last edited by Kal_Skirata on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
I'm conservative and while I personally don't want Obama hurt like most extremists I agree that he needs to be removed from power if he starts trying to become god-like. He's allowing this to go on, and he shouldn't. He knows it. Its awful.

Yea. As much as I dislike Obama, I do not by any stretch of the imagination wish ill will on him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't really have anything against him as a person, it's all these other wackos who behave the way they do, but Caedus is right he should still be doing something about it.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:51 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

FatalFist wrote:
Thus Obama= Epic Fail Shocked

Just don't forget who opened the door wide open for him to get in.

Me I'm so against politics altogether- it's all about the sides. It's never about the issues- and when it is it's due to some alternate motives.

It's so frustrating.

It's up there with cannon debates Laughing

But yes- there is always going to be name calling and aganda blocking. Due to this we see plenty of bad bills and laws RUSHED into place just so it beats a vote.

Autobon's right- America's dying- and all we CAN do is watch.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Re: The President AND Congress.....
 PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:52 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Kal_Skirata wrote:
. I personally will vote all the Democrats out and if need be Republicans too. I am sick of both parties and their damn politics.

Amen! I'm right there with you!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I just have a quick question, before I share my views on this. Does anyone here think that Obama should have won the Noble Peace Prize?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
I just have a quick question, before I share my views on this. Does anyone here think that Obama should have won the Noble Peace Prize?

For what? Being a celebrity before and during Presidency? No Sarcasm- just seriously was there something he did?

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Bush kept us safe for 8 years, yet Obama has done nothing but hurt our county...

He does NOT deserve the Nobel Peace Prize. It's all about popularity, it seems. Confused Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

"Nominations for the prize had to be postmarked by February 1 -- only 12 days after Obama took office. The committee sent out its solicitation for nominations last September -- two months before Obama was elected president." - From CNN

I've heard of good grades for effort in elementary school, but the Noble Peace Prize is a little above that. Work and progress are required. To be honest, I am really upset at the number of people who say that Obama deserved it. He did not! He didn't DO anything. I saw someone on Twitter say "Have any of you every won a Peace Prize?" No, I haven't. But if I go out and tell people that hope and peace are possible, then I should win one. To be fair, anyone who has done that should, because that is the new standard for this prize. I mean, come on! This just in: President Obama wins the NL MVP and Cy Young Award for his gutsy first pitch earlier this year... And this has nothing to do with what I think of Obama's politics. If this had been Ronald Reagan winning, after less than a year in office, I would be upset. Obama should do the real noble thing and say "No thanks, I'm not finished yet."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:38 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jedi Joe wrote:
Bush kept us safe for 8 years, yet Obama has done nothing but hurt our county...

Bush's connections to big oil and the bin ladens kept us safe.....

His "Palpatine Iron Rule" left us in a state of fear.

Laughing

But the US will weather each President, question is in time will it still be the US....Laughing

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:48 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
"Nominations for the prize had to be postmarked by February 1 -- only 12 days after Obama took office. The committee sent out its solicitation for nominations last September -- two months before Obama was elected president." - From CNN

I've heard of good grades for effort in elementary school, but the Noble Peace Prize is a little above that. Work and progress are required. To be honest, I am really upset at the number of people who say that Obama deserved it. He did not! He didn't DO anything. I saw someone on Twitter say "Have any of you every won a Peace Prize?" No, I haven't. But if I go out and tell people that hope and peace are possible, then I should win one. To be fair, anyone who has done that should, because that is the new standard for this prize. I mean, come on! This just in: President Obama wins the NL MVP and Cy Young Award for his gutsy first pitch earlier this year... And this has nothing to do with what I think of Obama's politics. If this had been Ronald Reagan winning, after less than a year in office, I would be upset. Obama should do the real noble thing and say "No thanks, I'm not finished yet."

Wait is this just because he's a African American? Is that what they are saying? That he says Hope and Change then gets elected after many said no African or a Woman would hold office (I've never felt that way myself so as a reason for a NBPP I say LAME) Cause I agree with you Ben- what has he DONE yet? Most of what he has has been damage control from the last admin- which every side does -(I so hate the 2 party system)

What has the prize become?

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I will quote the conversation in my household as of an hour ago:

*Elyse wakes up*
Mom: "Did you hear Obama won the Nobel Peace prize?"
Elyse: "For what?"
Mom: "Exactly."

I was being serious, I wanted to know what he won it for. Apparently no one knows. Neutral

There is a comment on the internet:

"Everybody loves Obama. Mmm, mmm, mmm."

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:04 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
I will quote the conversation in my household as of an hour ago:

*Elyse wakes up*
Mom: "Did you hear Obama won the Nobel Peace prize?"
Elyse: "For what?"
Mom: "Exactly."

I was being serious, I wanted to know what he won it for. Apparently no one knows. Neutral

There is a comment on the internet:

"Everybody loves Obama. Mmm, mmm, mmm."

Agreed, he wasn't my first choice, but then no President has been- you get what the party wants to feed you. I voted for him. But still FOR WHAT? I too need to know- right now it's a joke to be serious- yet I know it is.... Laughing

I never liked his "celebrity" status. And the Press loves him.

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well George needs his then- cause look at all the peace he's created with his Fake Wars in a Galaxy far far away!

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:24 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

RT @BarackObama: Humbled. - President Obama's twitter, this morning.

How does receiving the Noble Peace Prize humble you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 2 of 5