Season 2: Episode 1-2 SPOILER THREAD
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
Season 2: Episode 1-2 SPOILER THREAD
 PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So for those who have watched the show and want to discuss.

Season 2, Episode 1: Holocron Heist
Season 2, Episode 2: Cargo of Doom

Feel free to post in this thread with out the need of SPOILER WARNINGS
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

As cool as they are this is the EU Cantina IMO we should have some SPOILER threads. Why not start with this.

That said

I have to wait 2 hours still to know anything, but after that time I'll be back I'm sure.

And if anyone posts and spoilers about it I'm sure I'll be checking it out.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Re: Season 2: Episode 1-2 SPOILER THREAD
 PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Or does everyone feel a SPOILER thread is pointless with the cool little spoiler function?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

lol, a good point your bring up.... but spoiler thread is probably a good idea anyways

I have yet to watch it, so resist the urge to click those spoiler things I will....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:39 am Reply with quote  

Well throughout Season One we never used any spoilers in the threads for each episode. As far as I'm concerned, you've been forewarned. Cool We're here to discuss the show, so let's discuss...

I thought it was pretty decent. Cad Bane was cool and nothing was done to tarnish his character. He got to kill a couple Jedi, rob the Jedi Temple, and managed to trick the Jedi on several occasions. They've shown him to not only be resourceful, but smart, and I always appreciate a smart villain.

Now there was one flaw that sort of popped out at me, and that was the Clawdite. When she changed her look, she actually changed clothing as well as species. In Episode 2, the Clawdite could only change her physical appearance and not her clothes.

Beyond that, I thought it was entertaining. It still had the stupid droid humor and Anakin AND Ahsoka acting as rash as ever, but that's nothing new, and I'm already used to that. The animation itself was very good and the action sequences looked really nice. I thought in particular the fight between Cato and Jocasta Nu, and the fight between Bane and Ahsoka were very well done.

Was anyone else disappointed they blew up TODO-360? I can of liked Seth Green's character. Sad

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I really liked TODO. I did find his line funny though "A bomb? Is something going to blow up?"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Over all, I thought the premiere was awesome. Cad Bane was an actual threat to the Jedi, which is a change. The animation was great and I appreciated they they refrained from using lame nicknames for the most part. The droid humor was actually halfway funny, which sort of shocked me. And let's hear it for Ahsoka being fully clothed for once. Wink

I do have a couple of minor gripes. Like since when is a kaiburr crystal used to store information? Why couldn't Anakin or Ob-Wan sense Cad Bane in the shaft when he was standing five feet from them? And why did it take Ahsoka so long to take down the Clawdite? Her lightsaber skills seem to come and go. Anyway, still a great start to the season. I'm excited about the next episode.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Last edited by Queen Padmè Skywalker on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Like since when is a kaiburr crystal used to store information?

I have two different reasons. One, it is spelled kyber for the show, meaning it isn't the same thing, just a homage to the name. Two, the EU kaiburr crystal was used in a 1978 novel that most people do not consider cannon. So, it really didn't have a story, and could be whatever they wanted it to be.

Quote:
Anakin or Ob-Wan since Cad Bane in the shaft when he was standing five feet from them?

The dark-side clouds everything. I think we are at this time, overestimating the power of the Force. It can help you see things that are about to happen, but I'm not sure you can just feel where someone is. The dark-side was very powerful at this point; Palpatine may have even been hiding Bane in the Force the same way he hid all of those years. He did say that he would provide Bane with the means to get inside the temple.

I don't have an answer to your last question, except that maybe there is a backstory to the Clawdite and she is skilled with a lightsaber...I don't know. Really, it was just for the action of the show. I mean, we could ask a thousand questions like that. "Why didn't Obi-Wan just push Grevious off the cliff with the Force?" or "Why didn't Obi-wan use the Force to defeat Jango Fett when he lost his lightsaber?" It's for the sake of the film having good action. You can't make the Jedi all powerful...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:45 pm Reply with quote  

I agree with OMB on all three points. My question would be how did Bane know which holocron to steal? They all looked pretty much alike. Cool

And as for Cato, she was struggling to keep up with Ahsoka. Ahsoka could probably have killed her real quick, but she wanted to subdue her, and maybe at first she was apprehensive of what she was dealing with.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, it really wasn't much of a fight. A lot of running by Cato, with some random swings thrown in to keep Ashoka back. What did everyone think of the torture of the Rodian Jedi (sorry, can't recall the name). A little intense, and I found myself questioning that as my only issue. Why would Bane do all of this just to kill him? Seems like a big waste. Bane may be ruthless, but I also thought he was smart, and killing the Jedi just for the sake of it seemed like a stupid risk. What if the Jedi chasing him was Mace Windu? Does he really have that much confidence that he can defeat any Jedi?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Old Master Ben wrote:
]I have two different reasons. One, it is spelled kyber for the show, meaning it isn't the same thing, just a homage to the name. Two, the EU kaiburr crystal was used in a 1978 novel that most people do not consider cannon. So, it really didn't have a story, and could be whatever they wanted it to be..

True, it just threw me a bit when they used the term. As for the Dark Side clouding all, I'd think that the Jedi could still do something as relatively simple as sensing the presence of a non-Force user. I'll just go with your theory of Palpatine hiding Bane in the Force. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Personally, I suspect they stuck the poor tortured Rodian in there just to convince older viewers that this season will be "darker". *shrugs*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:

Now there was one flaw that sort of popped out at me, and that was the Clawdite. When she changed her look, she actually changed clothing as well as species. In Episode 2, the Clawdite could only change her physical appearance and not her clothes.

I saw it as the clothes- holoemmitter. The touch- I'm open to changing this POV but I don't feel the touch was necessary to shift into the others form, I think she did it to use and empathy type ability like Sylar- so she had picked up mannerisms and voice and some skills- that saber retreat was TOO good for an amateur- IMO some skill was gleamed.

But the clothes- I recall when she shifted she had holo lines that scrolled down her 1 or 2 times then settling.

Old Master Ben wrote:

The dark-side clouds everything. I think we are at this time, overestimating the power of the Force. It can help you see things that are about to happen, but I'm not sure you can just feel where someone is. The dark-side was very powerful at this point; Palpatine may have even been hiding Bane in the Force the same way he hid all of those years. He did say that he would provide Bane with the means to get inside the temple.

Yeah this time frame I see the Force like a river- instead of being all pristine and being able to see to the bottom- Palpatine has been stirring the muck up and it's clouded the whole river. Now as this became the normal state of the Force- It does make sense that many Jedi STOP feeling around themselves. And untill Obi-wan killed Maul the Jedi had very little reason to used that side of the Force. No Sith to worry about and all- then when they learn the SITH ARE ALIVE- too late Palpatine's got the River all murky- you couldn't tell if you tried.

That's how I see it.

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Over all, I thought the premiere was awesome. Cad Bane was an actual threat to the Jedi, which is a change. The animation was great and I appreciated they they refrained from using lame nicknames for the most part. The droid humor was actually halfway funny, which sort of shocked me. And let's hear it for Ahsoka being fully clothed for once. Wink

I liked the "I'm not the Commander- he's the Commander" then that droid gets blasted "I guess I'm now the commander" That was funny as all 9 Hells. As for Asohka- I wonder if this is the result from the No Prisoners mission? If she'll now be more clothed through out the series?

I do have a couple of minor gripes. Like since when is a kaiburr crystal used to store information? Why couldn't Anakin or Ob-Wan sense Cad Bane in the shaft when he was standing five feet from them? And why did it take Ahsoka so long to take down the Clawdite? Her lightsaber skills seem to come and go. Anyway, still a great start to the season. I'm excited about the next episode.

The Crystal- I figure they can make a Saber blade with a crystal, and we have the Crystal Shaard, and the Iron Knights why not?

Bane- I too wondered why no one noticed him.

Clawdite- I chock this up to the TOUCH I think she gleamed abilities with the touch- same way the Clawdite KNEW how to talk like Master Innocence (sp) he was already dead. I think it's a new side to the shapshifting ability.

-
-

Last edited by illogicalRogue2 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:

Was anyone else disappointed they blew up TODO-360? I can of liked Seth Green's character. Sad

I was- but I take solace knowing he's but one in a model line. TODO-1080 where you at? Laughing

Old Master Ben wrote:
What did everyone think of the torture of the Rodian Jedi (sorry, can't recall the name). A little intense, and I found myself questioning that as my only issue. Why would Bane do all of this just to kill him? Seems like a big waste. Bane may be ruthless, but I also thought he was smart, and killing the Jedi just for the sake of it seemed like a stupid risk. What if the Jedi chasing him was Mace Windu? Does he really have that much confidence that he can defeat any Jedi?

I think for him Bane KNEW the Rodian wouldn't give up what he needed, but that he might be able to use the Rodian as bait to get the next Jedi to do it. I just think Bane was convinced the Rodian wasn't going to help- and that keeping him alive would be a risk to his mission.

Was it just me or did the hour feel like Sidious was the real winner?

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

No matter how many victories the Jedi have, Sidious will always be the real winner. Such is the tragedy of the Clone Wars. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

No matter how many victories the Jedi have, Sidious will always be the real winner. Such is the tragedy of the Clone Wars. Sad

True, it felt more like the Obi-wan Qui-gon books. How you expected to feel like you won, but every victory was tainted Laughing

To me it seems time in the EU makes Palpatine and Jacen so far look more all knowing. But then that could be why they decided to stay away from a Palpatine standalone.

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Palaptine was indeed a genius. Jacen......not so much. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 4