I remember when.....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
I remember when.....
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So I was thinking after a Chatbox conversation- we all have some funny as the 9 hells stories in our lives.

Please share yours here.

Like I remember when I was younger, a friend bringing over a BB gun- my mom being all "take that outside and so help me if you even aim it at your sister you're going to be so in it"

Needless to say Connan (yes the kids name was Connan) aimed the gun in the total opposite direction of where my sister was playing. Pulled the triger- we all heard bang twang twang twang AHHHHHHHHOW!!!!!! followed by my sisters non stop tears of pain- I kid you not the dang thing ricoched 3 times off trees and hit her- and no my parents didn't buy it for a minute- but I swear it happened hence to this day I don't feel bad about it since it was an honest accident, but no one beleives me.

After all a week before that I was walking up the hill from my uncles with my sister following me (yes the hill with no power for those interested Laughing) and saw a hornets nest. Curiousity got the best of me and I shouted "Amber run" as I stabbed the nest with my walking stick- I took off and sprinted to the house. When I got there my sister wasn't behind me. My dad was out side.

Before he could ask where's your sister we could hear her screams. She didn't hear me when I said run- so when the hornets came flowing out, they stung her over and over and she didn't know what to do so she sat there crying getting stung till my dad got to her.

Needless to say- she won't go on a walk with me to this day Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I remember when I would skip class to go play basketball in the gym. There was actually two classes going on in the gym at the same time, so you would think it would be stupid of me to go in there, but neither teacher cared (or they didn't know that I was out of class). It all went bad the day one of those gym classes had a sub though. I was finally caught, but I still made it back after playing it safe for a few weeks. Let me explain, I didn't just not show up to my class; I would find ways to get out and go do things for the teacher, and I would go to the gym instead. I only really skipped the class if it was a sub. Oh, so many good times. You have to understand, I went to the same private school for 10 years. I had that place wrapped around my finger; if that's right or wrong, I don't know, but I could get away with anything, and I did. Smile Good times. Good times.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

...I hid from my babysitter. I loved her to death, don't get me wrong, but she'd made me mad the day before because she pinched me. Now, in her defense, I was being bad and wouldn't listen to her, but I still wasn't happy she pinched me. Cause it hurt! So on the way home from school that next day I decided I was going to hide from her. Soon as I got off the bus I ran into the garage and sat down on one of the lawnmowers. The garage was separate from the house, and we never went in there, so I didn't expect her to find me. And she didn't find me. But she did panic.

I could hear her on the phone (cause she had come outside) calling my best friend's mom, "Is Trip home yet?" And Trip was home. So then Elyse should be home, cause they got off of the bus together. But Elyse wasn't home. And I listened to her panic for awhile before my conscience finally got the best of me. I came out of hiding. Let's just say she was relieved, but she was also about ready to kill me. Very Happy

There was another time I ran away from her. Of course I didn't go far. I just chose the closest Magnolia tree and climbed as high as I possibly could. And there I stayed. She came outside looking for me and I, being 7 years old and stupid, gave away my position, "I'm not coming down!" So she just looked up at me and said, "Fine with me." And she went back inside! So after being ignored for an hour or more in the tree, I got uncomfortable and decided running away wasn't worth it. I climbed down and went inside. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I remember......one time when I was about seven, me and my friend Amy went to the park with our mothers. My mom was wearing a brightly colored pink shirt with a big flower on it. Remember that, it's important. Amy and I were playing on the slides and swings and such, having a great time, when we glance over at the bench our moms were sitting on. My mother was running around in circles around and around the bench, while Amy's mom laughed hysterically. Finally, my mom ran to the car and jumped in. When we inquired about this strange behavior, Amy's mom informed us that a bee had decided that the flower on my mom's shirt was real and had chased her around the bench. Wasn't until I was older that it really struck me as funny. Very Happy

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Great stories guys. Laughing

I'll have some stories, but I have to think back. I'll be back.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I remember when I had this friend Aaron we called "Jimmy Korn" cause he thought corn was spelled Korn. Anyway he had a Monte Carlo that he'd go out hitting road cones and signs- all sorts of no goodery- so this night we're all piled into his car, he's totally letting us tell him where to drive. After pushing a dumpster with his car to 35 MPH we decided to head home to my best friends for the night. On the way there, we see a construction sign set up along the right side of the road. "HIT IT" some one yells!

But Aaron swerves to the left!

The next part to this day I can't believe I witnessed;

Aaron thought we meant something else, and swerved for it.

Next thing we see- a Buck sliding across the hood of his car!!!

I swear to god it slid across- hopped up and took off- we were hysterical!!

NONE of us had seen the Buck, but Aaron did, why he though hitting a Buck would be a good idea is still beyond me...

Boy I look back on those times and pray my kids hang with a much tamer crowd then I did back in the day. Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I remember when 7 years ago I sat in the hospital like my best friend is doing today- awaiting for my first born- SO stoked that they are going to share a B-day! If he wasn't born last night that is.

Tomorrow's her big Tink Party! Ah the life and times of a 1st Grader!

-
-

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1