Season 2: Episode 1-2 SPOILER THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Palaptine was indeed a genius. Jacen......not so much. Confused

Yeah- though I have a feeling they will be portraying Jacen's fall as a big sacrifice. That he HAD to do it for the greater good. could that be a cop out? Possibly. But for the moment- I like the thought. I had a hard enough time convincing myself that Jacen's justifications were just- now it feels like there is alot more to the picture then the readers have seen.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I've got to say that while I was happy overall, it was still too loose with its in-episode continuity for my liking. You can't have Jocasta Nu getting knocked out by one punch in one scene and then have Ahsoka blathering about how the bounty hunter is nowhere near as good of a fighter as Jocasta the next. The show is still guilty of far too many little inconsistencies like that, that's mainly what holds it back from being a really good show as opposed to just a good one.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Now there was one flaw that sort of popped out at me, and that was the Clawdite. When she changed her look, she actually changed clothing as well as species. In Episode 2, the Clawdite could only change her physical appearance and not her clothes.

I totally agree with you there, except I can see why they changed the clothes as well. You wouldn't want the Clawdite to change into a body thats like 4 times her size while she is wearing her normal outfit.

just saying

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Bill Thompson wrote:
You can't have Jocasta Nu getting knocked out by one punch in one scene and then have Ahsoka blathering about how the bounty hunter is nowhere near as good of a fighter as Jocasta the next.

Excellent point. I hadn't really considered that. I was too busy wondering where the Clawdite got a lightsaber and how she knew how to use it.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Bill Thompson wrote:
You can't have Jocasta Nu getting knocked out by one punch in one scene and then have Ahsoka blathering about how the bounty hunter is nowhere near as good of a fighter as Jocasta the next.

Excellent point. I hadn't really considered that. I was too busy wondering where the Clawdite got a lightsaber and how she knew how to use it.

I assumed that it was Jocasta's blade, and that being a bounty hunter she knew how to use blade type weapons already. I will agree that they handled that aspect rather murkily.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Bill Thompson wrote:
Bill Thompson wrote:

I assumed that it was Jocasta's blade, and that being a bounty hunter she knew how to use blade type weapons already. I will agree that they handled that aspect rather murkily.

I thought it was either Jocasta's or Master Innosense's (how was that spelled anyway?) Blade that she was using.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Bill Thompson wrote:

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Still doesn't explain how she held off Ahsoka for so long. Didn't Ahsoka fight Grievous and live to tell about it last season? Seems like she should have been able to dispatch a bounty hunter easily enough.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Still doesn't explain how she held off Ahsoka for so long. Didn't Ahsoka fight Grievous and live to tell about it last season? Seems like she should have been able to dispatch a bounty hunter easily enough.

I still say "the Touch" was an empathic ability!

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

One that gave her Jedi combat skills? Confused

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Autobon wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:
Now there was one flaw that sort of popped out at me, and that was the Clawdite. When she changed her look, she actually changed clothing as well as species. In Episode 2, the Clawdite could only change her physical appearance and not her clothes.

I totally agree with you there, except I can see why they changed the clothes as well. You wouldn't want the Clawdite to change into a body thats like 4 times her size while she is wearing her normal outfit.

just saying

You know, that reminds me of the Hulk. He always managed to hang onto those shorts. Razz

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thank heaven for that. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Indeed. Come to think of it, so did Wolverine in X-Men: The Last Stand (though he wasn't quite so lucky in Origins). While Jean's trying to rip him to shreds, all his clothes turn into ash and fly away from him...except the shorts. It must be a SuperPerson/Mutant power, automatically included, package deal. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, retaining one's shorts is most definitely a superpower. One that Wolverine apparently didn't have in Origins. *shudders* I'm mentally scarred now. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
[You know, that reminds me of the Hulk. He always managed to hang onto those shorts. Razz

Everyone knows that jeans can expand to 600% their normal size Smile ........ but only in certain sections..... dont question the logic, it hurts my head.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

One that gave her Jedi combat skills? Confused

Yeah- after all when she touched the dead Jedi Master she had his voice. How? Had to be through the touch, an empathic way of gleaming skills and information like speech and the like.

If that's so, then the bounty hunter's fight makes more sense. Ashoka's difficulty with her too is more believable. Even though Ashoka still taunts and all that. Kid will never stop running her yap Laughing

-
-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 4