Paperback Cost Increase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I wouldn't really mind the larger books that much if there was a reason for the price hike, like extra content. As it is, it's just a sad ploy to squeeze more money out of fans. Confused

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
I wouldn't really mind the larger books that much if there was a reason for the price hike, like extra content. As it is, it's just a sad ploy to squeeze more money out of fans. Confused

I'm with you too a point- as long as they are smaller then say No Prisoners and Wild Space. I hate turning books sideways on my shelf- I have only so much room to get around my bed (Cal King) and with those sticking out sideways and my Bios and TCW HC by KT it's like running a gauntlet as is!

But the ones like the Jedi Quest and Jedi Apprentice and last of the Jedi= that tall is fine with me!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Very Happy My bookshelf has adjustable shelves. I was even able to fit my Episode I Cross Sections book on it . So, size wouldn't really make that much of a difference to me if the price hadn't gone up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Very Happy My bookshelf has adjustable shelves. I was even able to fit my Episode I Cross Sections book on it . So, size wouldn't really make that much of a difference to me if the price hadn't gone up.

I have some but this is what I'm working with.

I have plenty of room still if I wanted to put them on sideways- but I like them in order of galactic events, hence the 3 sideways books at the top shelf.

I love my shelf, but I sooooo want to have all my EU in order!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Shocked Now that's a collection. Very impressive! I have all my books set up in chronological order, too. Nice and neat. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Chronological's the way to go, yep, yep. Though I go chronological by size. Otherwise they'd be up and down, up and down. All messy. So yeah. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mine are chronological all the way through, no matter if they're hardcover or paperback. I think it makes things easier to find. But I suppose that's a matter of opinion. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:26 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I keep all my books together, reference, star wars, other lit fiction, everything but my comics. Because of that I organize mine alphabetically by the last name of the author.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Shocked Now that's a collection. Very impressive! I have all my books set up in chronological order, too. Nice and neat. Smile

Thanks! I was thinking of adding the new dating system to it- I always went with the ABY BBY set up. Tough I do it mainly to help myself learn the darn thing. Laughing

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Forget fancy dating, just put things in order of what happened first. Smile Although that's a little difficult since TCW messed up the timeline.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Forget fancy dating, just put things in order of what happened first. Smile Although that's a little difficult since TCW messed up the timeline.

I've often pondered having the dates up on the wood. But just haven't gone to the trouble.

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, that's awesome IR2. On my bookshelves I've just got the hardcovers(plus the two clone wars paperback/tpb style books). I just wouldn't have room for the paperbacks and the junior readers series(once they are read, they are stored in totes).

Someday I'll move and have room for a megabookshelf like that, I hope.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

kurtdc wrote:
Wow, that's awesome IR2. On my bookshelves I've just got the hardcovers(plus the two clone wars paperback/tpb style books). I just wouldn't have room for the paperbacks and the junior readers series(once they are read, they are stored in totes).

Someday I'll move and have room for a megabookshelf like that, I hope.

Yeah when I move I'll have to reconvert it to a side by side again Sad

But I bet the Hardbacks look impressive together! Do you leave the dust Jackets on them? I bet they look real good with out them. Though I'm not sure If I could just not have the covers on though.....Never really thought of that before...

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yes, I leave the dust jackets on. It would look pretty sharp without em, but I like to leave them on. I've managed to get quite a few hardcovers that were originally paperbacks either from the SFBC or ebay(which were still originally from the SFBC). So they combined some books together into one hardcover(the 1st two Rebulic Commando books are one hardcover, the dark nest trilogy are all one hardcover, some of the NJO are combined).

The only fault I have with those is that they are about one inch shorter than normal hardcovers. But it is a nicely developing shelf full of hardcovers. The bottom row of the bookshelf is a mishmash of stuff like the Complete Encyclopedia, a few of those 30th anniverary hardcover omnibus', and a couple of those other odd shaped books(atlas', comic companion, visual dictionary, etc).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:25 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

kurtdc wrote:
Yes, I leave the dust jackets on. It would look pretty sharp without em, but I like to leave them on. I've managed to get quite a few hardcovers that were originally paperbacks either from the SFBC or ebay(which were still originally from the SFBC). So they combined some books together into one hardcover(the 1st two Rebulic Commando books are one hardcover, the dark nest trilogy are all one hardcover, some of the NJO are combined).

The only fault I have with those is that they are about one inch shorter than normal hardcovers. But it is a nicely developing shelf full of hardcovers. The bottom row of the bookshelf is a mishmash of stuff like the Complete Encyclopedia, a few of those 30th anniverary hardcover omnibus', and a couple of those other odd shaped books(atlas', comic companion, visual dictionary, etc).

*Adopts Barney Voice* TIIIIIGHT!

-
-

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 4