Anakin Solo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I still say we didn't see enough of him to justify the level of greatness that people bestow upon him. I'm not arguing with anything he did. I also feel he had amazing potential.

But potential is just that. Anakin Skywalker was ultimately unrealized potential. He could have been so much more had he not been chopped to bits whether jedi or sith.

Look at the potential Kyp showed. He has never reached the heights one would expect after the power he showed as a youth. And this is without a major debilitating injury.

This is why I say he's a touch overrated. Not enough sample size to judge him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sooo true...they gave Kyp the backseat Confused
Apparently once ur a Jedi Master you dont get to see much action=/
Anakin Skywalker and his premonitions of him being exactly like his grand-father were cool and kinda inevitable too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I wish they would go back and give us more books Like conquest and Rebirth- centered on Anakin and set while there was still time in the NJO.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would like him back really, or a clone, in 43 ABY or afterwards, there's always ways, but that would be good too - although, I haven't picked up Invasion yet just because it has Anakin and Jacen alive, the future coming towards them like a freight train with broken brakes and driver having jumped overboard. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

*groan* As much as I want Anakin back, a clone is not the way to go. Just....no. Confused

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:47 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I bet we can tweak Flow Walking...enuf to get the real Anakin back...
And that wud reaaaly be cool. Cool \
\
Ofc I dont Flow Walking to continue after that-_-...

BUt Yea...I dont want a clone....arghhh....I cant Stand Nathan in Heroes Now...its soooo frustrating...its Sylar...we all know that Confused ...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Clone is better than nothing, and I'm sure there could be some way of getting the spirit of Anakin to inhabit it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Rouge77 wrote:
Clone is better than nothing, and I'm sure there could be some way of getting the spirit of Anakin to inhabit it.

Well we could see Tark get anakin's memories?

Though I'm not so into getting him back then seeing more of the life we missed.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

We could, but that would be wrong towards Tarq. A clone without a developed personality, with just memories imprinted, perhaps something like that, but not Tarq I hope.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Be carefull wat u wish for...
Wid a cloned Anakin>>>the inevitable...Is he =reaaaaaaly= Anakin...oh man that wud be sooo irritable>>>Get The Real Anakin back. I actually hav it all figured out...but Flow Walking is essential Razz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

If we're plotting to bring Anakin back, I'm gonna go with the Flow Walking method. Yeah, it might be a little difficult to work out, but I don't think I could deal with a clone. I wouldn't ever really accept him as Anakin.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
I wish they would go back and give us more books Like conquest and Rebirth- centered on Anakin and set while there was still time in the NJO.

While my greedy side says I would like that, my common sense side says "where exactly would more anakin storyline fit?" He was young. He didn't have time for much more than what they showed in NJO.

The idea of a clone is awful, and excessive use of flow-walking will just make us want to bring back all dead characters, thus muddling the history and taking away from the loss we all felt at the time.

Therefore, the only future use of Anakin that I see feasible, and somewhat realistic, is if he appears as a force ghost(ala obi-wan) as a mentor for someone like Ben or Allana.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

kurtdc wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:

While my greedy side says I would like that, my common sense side says "where exactly would more anakin storyline fit?" He was young. He didn't have time for much more than what they showed in NJO.

The idea of a clone is awful, and excessive use of flow-walking will just make us want to bring back all dead characters, thus muddling the history and taking away from the loss we all felt at the time.

Therefore, the only future use of Anakin that I see feasible, and somewhat realistic, is if he appears as a force ghost(ala obi-wan) as a mentor for someone like Ben or Allana.

-NJO there's plenty of off screen things that could have happened. Look what Invasion's given us alone- that already shows that more things were going on at that time frame- we just had NO IDEA HOW busy Laughing

Flow-Walking- won't work. Not how that ability is used. It would need to be an ability that would let you go back- but would let you interact and MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Unfortunately Flow Walking corrects itself almost immediately.

Force Ghosts- I still want MORE Force Ghosts- they are a BIG part of the OT..

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I can see the problem with using Flow Walking to bring Anakin back. People would start asking, "Well, Anakin's back, why not Mara?". The only solution I could have seen was to make Flow Walking a power that only Caedus achieved. He could have gone back and saved Anakin, but the knowledge of how to do it would have died with him.

And let's hear it for more Force ghosts in the near future. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
I can see the problem with using Flow Walking to bring Anakin back. People would start asking, "Well, Anakin's back, why not Mara?". The only solution I could have seen was to make Flow Walking a power that only Caedus achieved. He could have gone back and saved Anakin, but the knowledge of how to do it would have died with him.

And let's hear it for more Force ghosts in the near future. Smile

I kinda like that>>>The Knowledge dies after we get Anakin back Very Happy
Dunno how exactly the Ghost concept will work. Obi-Wan learnt how to do that through Qui-Gonn...And They reaalyy didnt pass down that knowlegde. Perhaps it happens naturally(as in Maras Case)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 3 of 9