Wizard of the Coast Pocket Models....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizard of the Coast Pocket Models....
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:39 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Do any of you have these??? I've bought way too many (I've quit cold turkey for a while since I'm in the progress of looking for a job) but I find them really cool. I have the ships, kinda staying way from the Ground Attack that just came out, not really into those. What do you all think? If you play it as the game, do you find it easy to follow or hard? Do you like the ships over the ground attack or visa versa. Anything else you can think of on this topic, let us discuss.

I guess......
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I might be the only one who collects these????

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:56 pm Reply with quote  

You might very well be cause I don't. Though the ships are kind of neat looking and tempting but I don't having anyone to play the game with.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Same here. I don't know anyone who plays the game, and they're a little pricy for just a cool little collectible.
________
UHWH WAREHOUSE

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Pocket Models....
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Okay, I have to admit, to me the game is hard to understand esp. how you move the ships. I played the Pirates version at the LA Comic Con last year and loved it. The ship cards at that time had a "white move" line and "red fire" line that went along with the sides of the card. The move line made it easy to move your piece and the fire line at least gave you a distance for your attack.

The Star Wars version of this game doesn't have this feature. you need to "guess" at how far the ship moves and "guess" the range of your fire.

But I have to admit, I have a fleet and a reserve fleet of these ships. But due to present conditions here, the fleet will not be growing anytime soon Sad. But I have to say, they are really cool and I miss building a real model kit that's why I started buying them. I just don't have enough time in the day to build models right now Sad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't play the game. I just love making the ships, even though some of those little pieces break all the time! Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 1 of 1