Who is your hero?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Who is your hero?
 PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just wondering if there's anyone you guys look up to or respect. Smile Yes, I have a list. And I will write up a rough draft and post it later. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

My hero is Mara Jade Skywalker!

*ahem*

Just kidding. I have real, live heroes, but I'll list them later. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I really have heroes for certain areas. Some of may heroes my do things in certain parts of their life that I don't like, but they really inspire me in other areas.

I will only normal, living people. I think we all know the one person that is really my hero.

Sports: Dwight Howard and Brett Favre. Dwight Howard's attitude is great. He is a great sport and role-model for kids. I love the intensity that Favre plays with, and how he can have fun playing pro-football, something that many athletes somehow don't do. You're being payed millions to play a sport! Be like Favre and be happy!

Decision making: My heroes here are two of my teachers at my old school, who I really, really loved and looked up to every day. Mr. Balic encouraged me to open my mind and to think in every situation, "How is the other person viewing this?" Mrs. Higgs, for her kindness no matter what. I hope I can act the same way. I respect both really in every way, and the only flaw I find is that they are human and can make simple mistakes.

Skilled people: The writing talent of Peter King is something that I really admire and am encouraged by. Such great journalism inspires me to want to go into the same field. Reading his work made me want to do that. Also, Al Michaels, who is listed for the same reason. Both inspired me to want to do what I want to do.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

My hero- those who inspire me!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Luke Skywalker! Duh! Wink Seriously, though, he was a childhood hero of mine. I was even going to marry him. *ahem* I was eight, ok? Very Happy

As for real life heroes, will list later. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:57 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Are we going to get these real hero lists, or not? Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

We're still pondering it. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Billy Mays, My dad and uncles, my English teacher, and some other people I'm too lazy to list

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

God, Jesus, all the soldiers in the Middle East, George W. Bush, Billy Graham, the Founding Fathers, my family, my friends, my church family, and a bunch of other people I'm also too lazy to name. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Of course God and Jesus, I was just assuming we were talking about mortals. But oh well. Yes, the soldiers are also good heroes, and pastors.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Billy Mays, FTW. I liked Bush. Not everything he did. But I liked his personality. Funny guy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Jack White, Kurt Cobain, Aldous Huxley, Frank Herbert, Michael Crichton, Heath Ledger (Joker performance), and Noel Gallagher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

well, princess leia and jaina solo is my hero ! lol
but seriously for real hero I love Carrie Fisher
and not just because she's princess leia XD other star wars fans probably know she has manic depression which is like being high one moment and low the next.
Then I read her book The Best Awful, her sort of autobiography, and I didn't know about any of that until I read it.
She is truely amazing. She is a talented actress and writer, and has a wonderful sense of humor and wit. Even with the manic depression you know she is always looking on the bright side even though she has her low moments and it must be so difficult, I couldn't imagine. And even with all her accomplishment she is a nice, funny and down to earth person. I hope sometime in my life I can meet her and tell her this, and also how she inspired me with my writing but also to be brave in difficult times and to find the best in everything.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

C.S. Lewis, Walt Disney, Douglas Gresham, firefighters, and Sir Isaac Brock. I might think of more later.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

PrincessXion wrote:
well, princess leia and jaina solo is my hero ! lol
but seriously for real hero I love Carrie Fisher
and not just because she's princess leia XD other star wars fans probably know she has manic depression which is like being high one moment and low the next.
Then I read her book The Best Awful, her sort of autobiography, and I didn't know about any of that until I read it.
She is truely amazing. She is a talented actress and writer, and has a wonderful sense of humor and wit. Even with the manic depression you know she is always looking on the bright side even though she has her low moments and it must be so difficult, I couldn't imagine. And even with all her accomplishment she is a nice, funny and down to earth person. I hope sometime in my life I can meet her and tell her this, and also how she inspired me with my writing but also to be brave in difficult times and to find the best in everything.

Love it!!!! I totally agree, too. She is a great comedian - i would love to see her show sometime.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 2