Star Wars Comics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Star Wars Comics do you Read?
Kotor Era
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Old Republic Era
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dark Times Era
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Empire Era
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rebellion Era
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New Republic Era
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
New Jedi Order Era
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Legacy of the Force (1st half of Legacy Era)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Legacy Era (130 ABY+)
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Dude did you see how many Eras are up there? I can't aford to follow the comics too!
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Star Wars Comics
 PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:49 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So I didn't see a thread for any so figured- hey lets just discuss them all here!

I just finished Invasion #4- and so far love the series more each day!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd get the comics if I went to the book store more often and had some money... Sad

But the comics I have are really more entertaining than the SW novels...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:16 am Reply with quote  

I tried to keep up with them but monetary restraints have prevented it. I sparingly get to read a Star Wars comic now. Sad

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:29 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I read them all, KOTOR is far and away the best series though, but I do so in TPB form so that I don't have to keep up on a week by week basis.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I only get the Legacy comics when they come to paperback, because they're pretty important canon-wise. I don't buy them for two reasons a) there are too many of them and I could never pay for all of them and b) I wouldn't know what to do with them all. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I read both KOTOR and Legacy, but KOTOR is my favoured series.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I would read them in a heartbeat, but it's money, money, money. My goal is to get started at the beginning and head forward, though...one day. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The only series I get the singles- Legacy and Invasion.

The rest TPB or Omnibus.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:02 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Well, word just came out that KOTOR will be ending with issue #50 and I cannot stress how much this sucks. Not only is t the best SW comic ever by a mile, but it's easily the best SW lit published in a long time, maybe even the best out of all SW lit. No matter what JJM and other say, there will be questions left unanswered, the stories are just getting started, there are so many more stories to be told and we won't come closer to reaching the games in the timeline.

I swear, if they replace KOTOR with a TOR tie-in comic I may write off Star Wars altogether.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Bill Thompson wrote:
Well, word just came out that KOTOR will be ending with issue #50 and I cannot stress how much this sucks. Not only is t the best SW comic ever by a mile, but it's easily the best SW lit published in a long time, maybe even the best out of all SW lit. No matter what JJM and other say, there will be questions left unanswered, the stories are just getting started, there are so many more stories to be told and we won't come closer to reaching the games in the timeline.

I swear, if they replace KOTOR with a TOR tie-in comic I may write off Star Wars altogether.

WHAT!!!! That series is kicking butt...is it because TOR is about to come out and the fans might get confused again? STOP doing that! Laughing

Everyone who CARED about SW knew there were 2 Anakin and loved it.

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm hugely disappointed with this decision and I am wondering that could any future plans for KOTOR might have come into disagreement with whatever new history for the era TOR will bring?

After all, the hints that Mandalore is an impostor, that there is something funny going on with the invasion seemed destined to bring revelations about the True Sith - and the whole impostor Mandalore scenario resemble TOR's setting for Mandalorians very much...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Rouge77 wrote:
I'm hugely disappointed with this decision and I am wondering that could any future plans for KOTOR might have come into disagreement with whatever new history for the era TOR will bring?

After all, the hints that Mandalore is an impostor, that there is something funny going on with the invasion seemed destined to bring revelations about the True Sith - and the whole impostor Mandalore scenario resemble TOR's setting for Mandalorians very much...

Man I hope it's not a- kill it before the fans get confused or really start looking at TOR with their KOTOR glasses on- thing

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

KOTOR looks way to confusing for me, so I just read the Legacy paperbacks when they come out, and I buy Invasion monthly, although I have missed the last two issues. Sad I better get this one, though. I saw the preview, and Jaina, Jacen, Anakin and Mara are in it, so that means its worth buying!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
KOTOR looks way to confusing for me, so I just read the Legacy paperbacks when they come out, and I buy Invasion monthly, although I have missed the last two issues. Sad I better get this one, though. I saw the preview, and Jaina, Jacen, Anakin and Mara are in it, so that means its worth buying!

And Lowie!

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Why there has to be only one answer? I like both KOTOR and Dark Times series but, as I have to choose only one, I say - KOTOR =)
"Down here, in the never-ending electric twilight, time had a different meaning altogether. It wasn't something to he scheduled, something to be quantified in terms of seconds, minutes, or hours. It was measured much more simply: you either had enough, or not enough," - Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2