Jedi Expedition: Part 1 - The Hoth Adventure
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote  

Sure enough it was Jayda Wonder what she is doing here? At least she isn’t in a hurry this time so I’m not at risk of having a hot cup of caf end up in my lap if she heads this way. Will was thinking as he turned back just in time to see Truger flash a mischievous grin. Will smiled back weakly. He hadn’t known Truger that long, but he had known him long enough to know that that grin was never a good sign. At least so far as things were concerned when you happened to be the one he was grinning at. Not much I can do now though except wait and see how things unfold. The real trick will be avoiding walking into a trap set by Truger if Jayda comes over to talk. The last thing I want to do is make a fool of myself talking to Jayda in the rec room, I’d probably never hear the end of it. Will thought turning back to his caf.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:42 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jayda stepped into the rec room and paused to look around. Almost immediately she spotted Will Kelvar. And there was Hollandro. She'd talk to Kelvar first. Making her way to where he was sitting, she stopped in front of his chair. He looked up at her over his cup of caf, not speaking. She belatedly remembered her helmet once again and quickly took it off to tuck under her arm. "Will Kelvar?"

"Yes. And you are?"

"Sorry, the name's Jayda Kha'dar. I ran into you earlier in the hallway. I just wanted to come introduce myself, since...you know."
She indicated her Mandalorian armor and the helmet under her arm with a wave of her hand accompanied by a sheepish grin. "I know it's not the usual Jedi attire, but then neither is your outfit, I suppose." She glanced at his fiber armor, then at Hollandro. "That your friend over there? I wanted to talk to him, too." As she tilted her head in his direction, Kelvar turned to glance at Truger over his shoulder.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote  

Truger, upon hearing his name, dropped the news flimsi down so he could see the others. "Really? What's up? Something fun I hope."

Meanwhile his mind raced through a hundred possibilities, some rather far fetched, but fun to think about. Finally he settled on something realistic: the mission or the Order. Ten to one it's something about the mission.

If he weren't a Jedi, he might actually have some credits to bet with, but as is, he didn't have one to spare.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:41 am Reply with quote  

Will was somewhat surprised by Truger’s sudden interest at the mention of his name. But then again Will could think of no good reason why Truger shouldn’t take interest, and more to the point it could only mean Will wouldn’t have to worry about Truger trying to pull something…for the time being. “Yes that’s Truger. We met around the time everyone on the mission started shipping in from wherever they were stationed.” Will said making sure not to betray his surprise.

“The Masters must have had quite a discussion with you when they first saw you in that armor. I was certainly surprised when you turned out to be a Jedi and not a Mandalorian saboteur. But no harm was done so don’t worry about anything.” Will continued switching to a friendly tone. He then smiled at Jayda “I certainly can respect anyone who has the guts to wear Mando armor in front of Jedi Masters and should certainly be interested in hearing just how you managed to get it.” Glancing at Truger, who was still clearly more interested in the recent turn of events than his news flimsi, Will motioned to a seat at their table “If you have no pressing business to rush off to you are welcome to join us.”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

"Sure, thank you." Jayda took a seat at the table. "I've pretty much taken care of everything that needs doing before we're gone for good. Unless you'd know where I could acquire some seismic charges..." Will glanced at her with a puzzled expression. "Sorry, I'm into demolitions. Well, that and slicing. And anything to do with electronics. They're my specialties. What I lack in Force skills, I make up for in those areas." She smiled.

Truger, by this time, had managed to inch his way over to the table. He seemed...less willing to talk than Kelvar. She supposed he liked to keep to himself. Or he just didn't trust very easily. She could certainly respect either reason.

"So whaddya you guys do? I mean...I know you're Jedi. But besides that. There's more to life than meditation, or so I like to think. Speaking of which, you asked about my armor. I know it's...different. But I don't mean to throw people off. It's just what I've really come to like. It's added protection against attack, and the HUD is amazing. I'm not allowed to wear my helmet in the Temple, but...I tend to wear it most other places. Though I'm probably not supposed to do that, either." Jayda flashed a mischievous grin. "And as for how I got it...that'll have to wait for another time." She raised an eyebrow, the grin still in place.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:20 am Reply with quote  

"Well my past time activity would be shooting...or knife throwing. I like the challenge." He paused, "Course I'm not sure if that's because I'm not too good with a lightsaber, or because I neglect it."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jayda opened her mouth to speak, but her reply was cut off by an announcement being broadcast over the rec room's speakers: "Jayda Kha'dar, please report to Hanger 77A. Jayda Kha'dar, please report to Hangar 77A. This is a Class 5 summons. We repeat, a Class 5."

Jayda raised an eyebrow at that last statement.

"Oooh," Will said, leaning back in his chair. "A Class 5, eh? Somebody's in trouble."

Truger snickered, "Maybe they found your seismic charges. After they went off."

Jayda stood, raising her helmet. As she slipped it on, she rolled her eyes at the two, grinning at them. "Very funny." She locked her helmet in place. "Well, looks like I'll have to be going, boys. It was nice to meet you. Guess I'll see you around!" And with that, she made her way out of the rec room as Kelvar and Hollandro nodded their heads toward her in farewell.

As Jayda made her way out onto the hangar deck, a tech hurried up to her, "Are you Jayda Kha'dar?"

"Yes."

"The temple has just requested your immediate return!"

"The temple? The Jedi temple?"

The tech stared at her, puzzled. "Yes...the Jedi temple."

"Why?"

"They didn't say. Just that it was urgent."

"Now?!"

The tech threw her a dubious look. "Yes, right now."

"But my things..."

"Have already been stored aboard the freighter."
He gestured toward a Corellian freighter parked nearby. "If you would please hurry aboard..."

"But what about my explosives?"

He glanced at her, more confused than ever. "Your what?"

"My explosives! I have an inventory of explosives in the cargo bay..."

"I'm sure you'll be reimbursed by the temple."

"No, you don't understa..."

"Please, Jedi Kha'dar. You must be going. The Saber's Hilt is about to enter hyperspace, and you've got to be gone by then.

Jayda, growing more aggravated than she was confused, reluctantly climbed aboard the Corellian ship. She'd have to get back to the temple, see whatever this urgent matter could be about, take care of it, and rejoin the Hilt's expedition as soon as possible. Certainly she could find a way to catch up with them. But for now she might as well cooperate.

She made her way into the passenger compartment and strapped herself into a seat. Peering out the viewport, she watched as the freighter pulled away from the larger ship, which was getting steadily smaller as it got farther away. As she watched, the Saber's Hilt suddenly disappeared, making its first jump to lightspeed. With a frustrated sigh and a determined click of her teeth, she raised her hand in a casual two-fingered salute. Until next time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:13 am Reply with quote  

Will watched Jayda leave and a slight tingle in the back of his mind made him suspect that it would be a while before he saw her again. He reached down to the table, picked up his caf and took a sip, his eyes still on the now closed doors to the rec room.

I could just follow her, I have the abilities with stealth to do that easily....Then again she is a Jedi and unless there are a lot of Jedi in the hanger bay she'd probably be able to spot me real fast even with Force Cloak...I guess I'll just have to wait and find out what's up the old fashioned way. Will thought giving the rec room doors one final look before turning back to his cup of caf. With each sip memories began to washing over him, while the band playing on the rec room speakers started playing a slow mournful tune.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:22 am Reply with quote  

Truger looked up from his flimsi as a voice rang out over the ship's intercom.

"Ten minutes until hyperspace jump. Repeat, ten minutes until hyperspace jump. We will be arriving at Hoth in exactly 12 standard hours."

Twelve hours. Hoth was a long ways off from the Core. According to the mission brief, there were rumors of ruins buried beneath the ice. It was enough to get the interest of the Jedi exploration team and to make it their first destination.

Twelve hours. Truger let out a sigh. I think I need to find a book to read.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

OOC: One week ago:

The Dynamic-class freighter Charity was going no where. Nykon Graves had managed to get the emergency power systems operational again, but that was it. The hyperdrive malfunction had cascaded into navigation and the communications consoles rendering them useless to him.

But not the proximity sensors! Nykon thought as his eyes locked onto the display. Ahead the screen showed the solid red of contacts. Thousands of contacts!

Thinking it had to be another system affected by the malfunction he looked up out the viewport.

"Sithspawn!" Nykon swore. Sure enough his sensors worked fine; he was drifting right into Hoth's asteroid belt! In a dead ship.

As a Jedi Wanderer, Nykon Graves could handle most situations, and this one would need his entire focus. He tore off out of the cockpit stopping at a storage container to grab a rebreather in case the Charity became victim to sudden decompression. Nykon could at least use the Force to deal with the atmosphere around his body while bulk heads sealed, but the air would be gone. If he was not able to fix the life support he'd need fresh oxygen to complete the repairs. 'Better safe then sorry' his Master would always say.

Nykon Graves entered the smoke filled engine room and was immediately thankful he grab the rebreather. With it secure on his face he charged into the smoke.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

Last edited by illogicalRogue2 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:58 am Reply with quote  

Will had finished his cup of caf and had just been sitting enjoying the music playing on the rec room speakers when the intercom announced that they would reach Hoth in half a day.

"I'm gonna go catch what rest I can. Never know when you might need to be up for 24 hours or more. See ya when we get to Hoth Truger." Will said nodding to Truger who had looked up from his flimsi.

The ship seemed to have become noticeably more quite as Will made his way to his quarters. There were no longer so many people scurrying through the corridors taking care of last minute details and the few people still in the corridors went about their business in relative silence Almost as if everyone is collectively holding their breath with anticipation now that the mission has truly begun

Out of habit, training, and experience, Will made sure he placed his weapons within easy reach before setting down to sleep. He had them in a specific order for use should he need to fight upon waking. First in the order was his combat knife which would be most useful if he needed to fight off an enemy within a second of waking. Next came his amber bladed short lightsaber which would be more useful if he woke up with a few seconds to spare. Finally came his prized silver-blue bladed lightsaber. Of all the weapons he had used and carried over the years none were as precious to him as this lightsaber whose crystal he had discovered on one of his explorations into an animal den when he was first discovering his natural talent for stealth.

With these finals details taken care of he settled in hoping to get at least a few hours of sleep before having to face the bitter cold of Hoth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote  

The trip to Hoth went by faster than Truger had expected. He'd managed to finish up a book he'd been reading, catch a nap, and get something to eat. By the time he'd dug into another book, the ship's realspace alarms were giving the warning signal that they were about to slip out of hyper.

The captain's voice rang over the com. "We've reached the Hoth system. Jedi Master Gordon has informed me that the Jedi should report to the main hall on deck seven for a planning and briefing session. That is all."

Truger briefly reflected on the mission parameters. Their first stop on Hoth was to explore some possible ruins.

He wondered just what his role might be in the mission.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

OOC: One day ago:

Nykon Graves had cast his die. The ship was stable now; more or less. He'd managed to bring the ship to a crash landing on a large asteroid inside the belt.

Life support was easier to repair then he first feared, it was his maneuvering Jets and drives that were shot. He'd have used the escape pod, but for some reason the pod was only at half power. Not enough to travel across the system and then still have enough fuel to make the burn into the atmo. Let alone the atmo burn by itself, Nykon wasn't even sure the power supply would hold out that long if he managed to get the pod there without expending any fuel. No that wouldn't work, so instead he set up a distress signal, but power being so low, it was very faint and week; so much he feared a ship in system would even notice it. He'd also need parts that were not available, and at the moment he'd be going no where without a tow.

Had Daroon Farskimmer known Nykon would have ended up totaling his ship, he may not have been so eager to give Nykon the Charity in the first place.

Nykon lowered himself to the deck plates and sat with his knees bent with his elbows propped on his knees and the heels of his hands digging into his eyes.

"By the Force I'm Frakked," Nykon said to himself as he banged his head softly against the bulkhead behind him.

He made an attempt to relax, no need getting into a panic he thought to himself. He would need to rely on the Force to help him out of this one. His only hope would be reaching someone, ANYONE, in the Force.

Nykon figured he'd try a meditative trance, if in four days he was no closer to being discovered then he'd try old fashion Telekinesis and some careful timing and prayer. Worst case scenario he could try to use the Force and drag the ship to Hoth. It'd take time, but once there he could let gravity take the ship. The trick would be managing to jettison the escape pod in atmo without being tore to pieces before he landed. The pod didn't have enough power to make it all the way to the planets surface, but with careful timing he could jettison the ship mid atmo and use the power left in the pod to try and arrest the fall enough not to kill him upon impact. He hoped.

Well not much I can do for now but trust in the Force.
With that thought he stretched out once more in the Force, and let his presence drift out into the ebb and flow of the Force searching for anyone who might hear his plea for help..

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quote  

Will had woken up an 2 hours before they reached the Hoth system. He had used that time to pack the small survival pack he would carry on the mission. Will smiled looking at the light grey field pack that still bore the badge of the 29th Commando Regiment, his old commando unit. He then went about unpacking his winter issue equipment, checking to make sure it was all in proper order before laying it out on his cot.

After those details had been taken care of Will had passed the remaining time meditating. The crackling of the intercom brought him out of his trance as the captain announced they were dropping out of hyperspace with the order for all Jedi to report to the main hall. Will got up and made his way down the corridor heading towards the main hall. Slowly falling in with him were Jedi who silently marched to the main hall, each one left to their own thoughts. As he got closer to the main hall the number of Jedi grew.

The main hall was crowded with every Jedi on the ship. Some were standing, others had taken what few chairs were available. Almost none of them talked, though a few whispered to friends clearly speculating on what was in store. Not seeing any available seats Will found the nearest spot that was out of the way of the traffic down the aisles and waited for the briefing to begin.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

With a soft moan Nykon Graves awoke from his meditative trance. Throat dry as a desert, he reached across his bunk to the stand and grabbed a flask of water and hungrily chugged it's contents before tossing the flask to the floor and rolling back over onto his sleeping mat.

"Well that was different," Nykon said as he rubbed his forehead, yes this time had been different, unlike his last few attempts at reaching someone through the Force, this time he felt an answer.

Well answer might have been too strong a word for it, because he was not sure if his message had been received correctly or not, but he was positive someone felt him this time at least.

That lifted his low spirits. He smiled to himself.
"Well, lets see if we can turn that feeling up to a roar." Graves stated.

He rolled back onto his bunk and closed his eyes once more. If someone felt his presence then it shouldn't be too much more for him to get their attention who ever it was.

Come to think of it, I have no idea if they mean me ill will or rescue. I must be cautious. Nykon thought as he drifted once more into meditation. First things first, he declared to himself, now it's time to raise the volume a little.

-
-

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 2 of 11