A Tearful Goodbye
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Spaceport View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Going hunting for a few days. Don't be mad at me, Cantina People.

Oh snap....did you have to say that? I'm going to cry now! Crying or Very sad See?
Bye, Mara! At least I get to see you around.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Sad to see you go.....
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:57 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Mara;

As a father with a daughter I can say this, from a certain point of view I understand where your father is coming from. I for one make sure that my daughter is in full view of us when she is on the computer. I have also made sure that there are parental controls on her account making sure she does not get into trouble.

With that said, we do not look over her shoulder when she's on sites. She informs us of any new sites she signs up on and we make sure that we have the passwords and information she has on the site. She has a Facebook account so she can stay in contact with cousins and some distant friends. Any blog site she goes to is mostly stuff that deals with Anime and we know that most of the people she deals with on those sites are her friends from school.

As you can see, we are actively involved in her (and my sons) computer activity. I trust that they will not get themselves into trouble and if they do (which my daughter was a victim of cyber bullying) we put a stop to it as quickly as possible.

On the subject of "honor thy father and mother." I am a twice a year Catholic. I went through 12 years of Catholic school and continued going to church for a few years after that. If I had obeyed that part of the commandments - I would not have been married to my wife for that past 18 yrs. My folks did not approve of her - at all. I could tell you all stories that would make you look at me and ask why I still have a relationship with them. My response is, they are my parents, they will always be no matter what. And sticking to my guns all these years, we have moved on. Oh and to clarify - we both graduated college and had jobs with no baby on the way so there was nothing there for them to be mad at.

As bad as this may sound, there will be a day when you need / will stand on your own. You will always love your parents even if you go against their wishes. You're only growing up and taking with you the knowledge and love you've received from them over the years.

I wish you well, Mara! Don't take the above rant wrong - I think I lost my way somewhere at the second word of the first sentence Smile. You appear to be a good kid. I don't know your age and don't worry about suppling it - remember I'm the old fart on this site and I'd probably forget it anyway Smile.

You will be missed Mara - be true to yourself and Good Luck.

I think you will be back

Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:

Going hunting for a few days. Don't be mad at me, Cantina People.

Oh, man, did you have to say that... Wink Crying or Very sad

I really enjoyed knowing you, Mara. Wether it was combating Rouge77 (no offense, buddy Wink ) in the Meditation Grove, making those awesome videos, or just being a great friend, you always made EU Cantina a fun place to be. However, you have made the right choice. Good luck with your dad, I hope you two will be better off.

I'll never forget you, goodbye and God bless, Mara (Elyse and/or Sharpie). Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Last edited by Reepicheep on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Echoing Kal's statement above, I am also a father(granted of two boys) and am very close with my 14 year old neice. I also would be very concerned about any online activities thanks to the plethora of freaks out there. I pretty clearly don't see anything wrong with this site, yet the real creeps find places to prowl. So I empathize with your father's feelings.

I also truly understand your need to try to makes things as right as possible with your father. I have been out of contact with the majority of my family for years now and it is ugly. If you think this will help, you have to try.

All that being said, I hope the day comes soon when you can come back. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow go away for one weekend and look what happens.

I am definitely going to miss you around the forums. When it comes down to it I don't think you and I can be more different. However I feel we both have a strong respect for people that have strong convictions and truly think about things from different perspectives.

Like the other folks I am not going to question your decision since you obviously put a lot of thought into it and you are certainly keeping your options open for the future.

So best of luck with school and come back soon! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:56 am Reply with quote  

Well this was certainly the last thing I expected to see when I came back from Canada and definitely not on my list of things I would like to have had happen. I hope you do not find this offensive but I feel that someone like you who has been on the forums so long deserves to have some sort of music accompany your departure and I can think of no melody more fitting than Amazing Grace played on bagpipes. To that end I searched youtube and found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlzITtxAMA . I hope you like it.

I'll certainly miss you being around as one of the names I've gotten to know as a regular. For whatever it may be worth I would like to think of you as a friend. I sincerely hope that some day you are able to return. I wish you the best of luck in life and that whatever path life leads you down it brings you to a happy ending.

Until we meet again Mara.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Well this was certainly the last thing I expected to see when I came back from Canada and definitely not on my list of things I would like to have had happen. I hope you do not find this offensive but I feel that someone like you who has been on the forums so long deserves to have some sort of music accompany your departure and I can think of no melody more fitting than Amazing Grace played on bagpipes. To that end I searched youtube and found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlzITtxAMA . I hope you like it.

Well played! I look at post levels and Mara is beyond Regular- she's like Norm, or Barney. The fixture one expected to see apon arrival.

Since she's left the chat box is been running at half interest.

Something is missing for sure!

Wonders how many years or months Mara will be gone? And if we'll really try to chase her off like she asked? I admit sticking to ones guns like that is one heck of a commitment. I couldn't have done it, but then my hats off to Mara for being able to do it. Follow what you feel is right NO MATTER WHAT! I respect strong values, and Mara has show us that sometimes doing the right thing means great sacrifice.

Mara - if you ever read this- I just hope in time you father appreciates what you've sacrificed to work on your relationship. Cause as a fan- that's a big commitment and IMO should be honored!

God Bless you Mara and may you and your family come to an agreement that makes all happy. Cause happiness is what it's about, happiness and understanding and Love.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, this is so sad. The forums will never be the same without you Mara Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I am so depressed now. Crying or Very sad Now it's just me and Padme. The last two girls. Sad Gonna miss you Mara...alot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

There are other girls Sword. They just don't show up as often. Like Autobon. Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
There are other girls Sword. They just don't show up as often. Like Autobon. Razz

*looks around*

*whistles to himself*

This is where Mara would come in with something witty!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

This is where Mara would come in with something witty!

*sniffle* Alas, we can't all have her trademark dry humor. Pity. Sad

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm actually depressed about this, is miss having Mara to talk to! I didn't think I'd be depreessed about losing an online friend as i would a personaly one but this is big Sad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Caedus_16 wrote:
I'm actually depressed about this, is miss having Mara to talk to! I didn't think I'd be depreessed about losing an online friend as i would a personaly one but this is big Sad

At least she left us this thread- it's one of many that are her Legacy.

She shall live on in spirit here through our posts and remembrance!

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

uh...........

Well, it seems I have arrived a bit late the party (EDIT: Sad party). Needless to say, this comes as a huge unfortunate surprise. I just hope we see you around sometime, it would be to bad if you dropped completely off radar. Maybe we will see you at live EUCast recordings?

Anyways, good luck with anything thats going on in life, and hope to see you around sometime Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:

I know what you mean, Caedus, I found out right before I had to go to school and I had a pretty hard day. It's amazing how typed words (because really that's the only representation we have of each other) can affect you so much. Sad

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Spaceport

Page 2 of 3