Death Troopers SPOILER THREAD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

I enjoyed it alot for a Star Wars book!
HOLY 9 HELLS THIS BOOK IS SCARRY! I LOVE IT!!!
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I hated it!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It was ok
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Not as scarry as expected, hope the next one brings more horror!!
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Uuuh so-so....Could've been better, but could have been alot worse...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Death Troopers SPOILER THREAD
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This thread is the place to share the spoils of the Death Troopers.

No need for any warnings, the title was enough.

If you have not read the book yet, I suggest not reading past this 1st post. Unless you want to be spoiled that is.

I got my hands on my copy and shall be sharing shortly. I think for dramatic effect I may only read it at night....

Either way I look forward to sharing your thoughts and opinions on this one now that it is officially out! (I noticed Jar Jar her looks like a Zombie running with his arms up!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Re: Death Troopers SPOILER THREAD
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I will post more as I get into the story!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm pretty sure there's already a thread for this...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
I'm pretty sure there's already a thread for this...

Speculation, but then I was thinking more how TOS does the threads- one for those who still have not read it and one choke full of spoilers running around in the nude shocking everyone!! Shocked

But it's not my call. I chose and acted, like a true Jedi. Be it illogical...

-
-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:43 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So far I'm enjoying the build up. Noticed an Austin character, where's the Maleko's? Laughing I'm trying to stick to only reading this one at night to add to the suspense.

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

SO far it's feeling like Prison Break in space- COOL! Then add the bio erry factor to kick it up a notch!

Though if this happened before Han dropped Jabba's spice load, I can see why he drops loads at the first sign of Imperial Detention! Laughing The more I read of this that little fact sticks out in my head cracking me up!

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just finished it and I'm just not sure if I liked the ending. I loved the heck outta it overall, but the ending seemed rushed and anti-climactic. Still, one heckuva read. I can't wait for the next Star Wars book he writes Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Finished!

I enjoyed it!

Not as scary as I thought it would be.

I've read a few Zombie novels so the ending for me was real good- typicaly they end with everyone dying or you don't know if they got a way or not.

This one- since the sequel isn't going to be a sequel but another stand alone- I think there is a GREAT Han and Chewie story here that could pick up right at the end and go on.

I have more to say, but will wait to discuss it with the fellow readers.

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

ONe thing though- I kept getting this feeling the black liquid was like the Venom symbiote.

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Overall, I liked it a lot. Did I find it scary? Not really. I did not know Han and Chewie were going to be in it, so that was really cool.

I agree with Caedus that the end seemed a bit rushed. I think I also felt that way because I thought I was going to be reading about 30 more pages. I never noticed that the last bunch were a preview to Omen, so the end came much sooner than I expected.

When I was about 1/2 way through I started wondering which of the established character was going to die. I figured Sartoris and the doc. I was surprised when the scene came that kale died. I also thought Waste would make it through the book, I didn't figure zombie's would bother destroying a droid.

I have not read any zombie books(seen a few movies about em), so I don't know if this is original or not, but I did find it interesting that these zombies could learn to do different things, rather than just be mindless killing machines.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

kurtdc wrote:
Overall, I liked it a lot. Did I find it scary? Not really. I did not know Han and Chewie were going to be in it, so that was really cool.

I agree with Caedus that the end seemed a bit rushed.

Yeah though I noticed it tends to end parts in it with the impression the person could have died. I wondered where the Twi'lek Jedi was going to come in. Must only be in the game. But Han and Chewie they ground us to someone. We KNOW they will live. In the Zombie books I've read- NO ONE gets out in the end, and those that do the books end with them getting to point B just to be too late- they enter room- loved one as a zombie lunges and END BOOK- seriously MANY a ZOMBIE Novel just end. This one we see people get away, AND a little bit of closure for the Doc and Trig anyway. Han & Chewie- there is a story there waiting to be told! I loved that it ends with their story not yet resolved. I thought "for a zombie book" it's ending was the best so far.

Quote:

I think I also felt that way because I thought I was going to be reading about 30 more pages. I never noticed that the last bunch were a preview to Omen, so the end came much sooner than I expected.

Feels like the HttE days when you had 1/4 the book was mini exerpt books of others.
Quote:

When I was about 1/2 way through I started wondering which of the established character was going to die. I figured Sartoris and the doc. I was surprised when the scene came that kale died. I also thought Waste would make it through the book, I didn't figure zombie's would bother destroying a droid.

Kale- I had lost my place- then while looking for it saw the him falling part. But was floored when the Doc was dragging him. Didn't see that coming and how gory eh!

And I bought that the Doc was a victim of the Xwing blast. At first it was my only gripe- that ALL the people who "learn" anything about the project die. BUt then she lived so it made up for it.,

The Imps in the shuttle though were beyond creepy- I had this sense that they had become a living version of the virus. They CHOSE to eat flesh. And what they did with the pit. ewwwww Laughing
Quote:

I have not read any zombie books(seen a few movies about em), so I don't know if this is original or not, but I did find it interesting that these zombies could learn to do different things, rather than just be mindless killing machines.

I read one where the Zombies were beings banished long ago from our dimension by God. Then Man made a black hole machine and they start to cross over but can only do so in a vessel- a dead body - ANY dead body. And they have ALL the memories and skills too. So they could talk. Rationalize. Creepiest scene ever- Dude's pregnant wife is trying to seduce him to open the door. Going on about how hungry she is, and that he needs to come out and
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
THAT one- I think its' The Rising By for the creepiest Zombie book I've read yet.

Another one I've read is the Zombie Survivor Horror- Walking Dead- it's all Black and white so not as creepy, but working in the dark at the time I read it- added to the chill factor- that ones a "What happens at the end of the Zombie movies?" the comic just keeps going. Following the survivors. But these are not smart.

I thought the "Smart Zombie" thing had to do with the liquid- and felt the liquid was like Venom's symbiote. Like it had a cluster hive mind of sorts.

-
-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My son was asking me to explain the zombie thing to him, and I explained it like an ant colony or bee hive where they all sort of worked to the same goal. I thought that made it crazier.

I definitely thought the cannibals were pretty creepy. It didn't initially dawn on me that they were going to eat sartoris. Even though he was deplorable, I was happy to see him kick their asses a little.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

kurtdc wrote:

I definitely thought the cannibals were pretty creepy. It didn't initially dawn on me that they were going to eat sartoris. Even though he was deplorable, I was happy to see him kick their asses a little.

yeah he was all "Next. Next. Next. Your lucky day junior." Laughing

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote  

I like it. I didn't go in expecting a scary story because really, stories don't scare me. But that doesn't stop me from reading Stephen King books, cause the stories, scary or not, are fun to read and are adventures. I thought Schreiber did a good job with Deathtroopers. It had gore and horror elements, and some really good scenes that were memorable. I wouldn't say the book was great, but it was good.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Special chance for those of you who have read the book. We are interviewing Joe, the author, and I wanted to see if any of you had some good questions for him. We will be glad to send them. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2