Death Troopers SPOILER THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

I enjoyed it alot for a Star Wars book!
HOLY 9 HELLS THIS BOOK IS SCARRY! I LOVE IT!!!
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
I hated it!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It was ok
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Not as scarry as expected, hope the next one brings more horror!!
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Uuuh so-so....Could've been better, but could have been alot worse...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
Special chance for those of you who have read the book. We are interviewing Joe, the author, and I wanted to see if any of you had some good questions for him. We will be glad to send them. Smile

Nice!

1) the Jedi in the Galaxy preview; was she ever going to be in the story?
2) Making the Zombie's conscious, that was creepy, but was it ever considered having the virus separate to each zombie? Mainly - the idea that the virus couldn't live without the liquid stuff from the lab. Or had it always been designed to be stopped in that fashion?
3) What happened to the Star Destroyer and the Purge?
4) Will Han's getting the Falcon ever be told?
5) Will many of the characters in Death Troopers be expected in the Prequel?
6) I had the feeling like the ship held more then one virus. What was the different in the colored containers?
7) having the survivors be infected in a way through their cannibalism was the ultimate! When they decided to eat Sartoris I wondered, was it because it would be easier to team against him then try to convince him to be one? I had the feeling it was cause even though immune- they were living beings turned, was that intended?

I look forward to the next SW Horror Novel!

So those are some that I think of off the top of my head.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:34 am Reply with quote  

Questions...

Deathtroopers: By making the virus a sort of liquid thing that permeates throughout the victim, our the zombies still able to be killed off with the traditional head shot or does the virus make them more difficult to kill?

Chasing the Dead: In Chasing the Dead, there's the mysterious route the main character is led into following that brings about a magical quality to the story. Was this in anyway sort of inspired by the mysterious paths and roads that H.P. Lovecraft and Stephen King sometimes include in their works?

No Doors, No Windows: The ending, though seemingly happy, leaves a bit of openness on whether the main character is really free from the curse. Was that intentional, or is he really free?

Eat the Dark: The creature in the book was awesome, and the whole other dimension aspect to it really reminded me of the things H.P. Lovecraft liked to touch upon. Any chance you're a Lovecraft fan?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

OMB- When does this interview go down?

Good score BTW!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
Special chance for those of you who have read the book. We are interviewing Joe, the author, and I wanted to see if any of you had some good questions for him. We will be glad to send them. Smile

http://www.eucantina.net/archives/5233

is this that interview? cause the EUC's not mentioned. Or will this be a separate interview?

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

No, that is not our interview. We'll be sending in the questions by tomorrow.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Anither thing I was curious about- the Star Destroyer felt like it was going to be a trap set by the Emperor, a flock of Zombies on a ship drifting in space with an auto tractor beam set up to feed the Zombies and keep the stock full. Like the Eye of Palpatine Zombie style.

Anyway- my question - were the Zombies in the story ever going to be set up with a different back story/ plot?

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

And the last question- the immune- was it only those who were sensitive to the Force? I had a feeling that each of those who were immune were Force Sensitive to a degree. Han & Chewie we see getting the vaccine. And it's the closest I can find to explaining why those who were immune in life were infected upon death. The only thing I can see is the Force.

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Just finished Deathtroopers. I know, I'm waaay behind. But my library didn't have it and I couldn't spend the money on it right now. Sad All in all, it was pretty good. I do like the fact that they're taking SW in new directions. But as much as I love Han and Chewie, I kinda felt like they were thrown in just to give the book some credibility. Like someone said, "Hmmm, it's good, but is it Star Wars-y enough?" "I know! Let's throw in Han and Chewie!" *shrugs* Anyway, I had a good time reading it, but was glad in the end that I didn't fork over the cash for the hardcover.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 2