How did you first find out or get introduced into the EU?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, gotcha. I had that one too, but I didn't like it as much as I did the 64 one. Something about that one got me hooked on Star Wars games.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, gameplay/storyline-wise, Rogue Squadron's a lot more fun game. Or at least I think so. But X-Wing's still addictive in its own right. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey just wondering but did any of you guys play Galaxies? I always thought that it was a cool concept, and it got me more into the EU back when I was younger.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Galaxies...like the MMO? My cousin gave it to me, actually, but I couldn't pay for the monthly fee. Or rather, I wasn't allowed to. So I never played it, no. Always wanted to, though!

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote  

Caedus_16 wrote:
Hey just wondering but did any of you guys play Galaxies? I always thought that it was a cool concept, and it got me more into the EU back when I was younger.

I believe a few people have/do. I never did, I wasn't willing to pay a monthly fee to play a game.

I did mean the original X-Wing, not Rogue Squadron. I have played both though. X-Wing had the bigger impact on me though because I only played Rogue Squadron several years after becoming a serious Star Wars fan. Ironically I never got very far in X-Wing and have never beat the game but did beat Rogue Squadron.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would love to play Galaxies. But a monthly fee... Confused
I remember my benign younger self trying to play and wondering why it wouldn't let me.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

[quote="Salaris Vorn"]
Caedus_16 wrote:
I wasn't willing to pay a monthly fee to play a game

Your not willing to pay $100+ a year (on top of the initial purchase) to play a game!?!?

I am just going to stop here before this turns into a rant... Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Sheesh, you guys are making me feel ANCIENT! Laughing The way I got into the EU was back in the mid 80s, getting my hands on old Marvel comics of Star Wars. Sadly, those stories did not age well... Wink I cooled off on Star Wars until the mid or early 90s when I saw Timothy Zahn's trilogy in my local library, and well.. it still holds a special place in my heart(sniff!). I cooled off again with the release of The Phantom Menace, but by the release of Attack of The Clones, I was once again hooked. And even if I think I'll probably wait for the paperback editions of Luke, Han and Leia's current adventures, I think my interest will not cool off too much this time! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My first intro into the eu was the thrawn trilogy, which I listened to on cassette while driving back and forth from massachusetts to iowa(college).

Then I was out for a long time. I got back into it in the time period between the 2nd and 3rd books of the dark nest series. I went into the bookstore and couldn't beleive how many more books had been written. So then I went online and pretty much bought most of the books out up to that time and read them in chronological order till I got caught up(which was just about when Betrayal came out).

Then I went back and bought things I skipped over like the x-wing series, bounty hunter wars and the comics and stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

My first intro into the EU came from Mara. I'd always loved the SW movies. Imagine when she told me that there were books! Mara loaned me the Thrawn trilogy and the rest is history. Took me almost two years read everything, but by the time Sacrifice came out I was all caught up and was able to read the rest of LotF as they were released.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

My Grandma on my fathers side (the Catholic side) is credited for showing me SW for the first time. And my Mother bought me my 1st EU books - the Thrawn trilogy. And my wife I credit for letting me flourish and allowing me to grow my collection of EU lore.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

One of my friends bought me the first book in the NJO series and I read it and quickly fell in love with the EU.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

How I got introduced to the EU...
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I know that on one of our podcasts for WTC, we had a debate about this ( Austin ) but it was with "Splinter in the Minds Eye."

To the guy who actually grew up with it ( mainly me ) - it was the first EU novel!!!

Then I was re-introduced to it with the Thrawn novels and Dark House comics and then my library has expanded ever since. Smile

Your Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:50 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Anakinlover89 wrote:
One of my friends bought me the first book in the NJO series and I read it and quickly fell in love with the EU.

My Dad and all the friends of mine I've "HOOKED" (that's got them to the point they read most of all my books at one time- not as many as today, but impressive) Anyway the Hooked book was Star by Star. of all books they all read that and instantly I heard the same thing= Start me at the beginning of this!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

For me it started when my brother bought two books frm a frnd....The Hand of Thrawn
And One Set in the NJO timeline...it was the one wher Tahiri gets captured by the Yuuzhan Vong....Anyways....after reading the NJO book i was like...i need to find out how this all happens...so i started wid the BAntam books....read them all...but skipped the RogueSquadron/Xwing Series. Then finally reached the timeline 25+years after Epi4.

The Fact that i started reading everything AFTER reading the Hand Of Thrawn...I was always like....sooo when will the Emperors Son make an appearance....sigh Rolling Eyes ...
but its written by my Fav Bantam Writer TimothyZhaN. Its Sad How that Book totaly goes against everything else u read later Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 2 of 6