Mavel vs. DC vs....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your favorite Comic Universe (minus Star Wars lines)
Marvel
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
DC
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Dark Horse
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
IDW
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Mavel vs. DC vs....
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ok so I don't want this to be a flame thread by no means.

I love comics. But have mainly followed Marvel. I dig Batman, the Flash, Superman, and the Justice League, I like the Superman shows. But up till Blackest Night I've had very little interest in following DC.

Now there are things with Marvel that are lame too.

And I'm all about my Dark Horse Star Wars!

But what is your favorite Comic story arrcs?

What are things about the Comic Verse you follow you dislike?

What are your observations of the different comics?

And the rest.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Re: Mavel vs. DC vs....
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I've really enjoyed the Civil War then the Secret Invasion to Dark Reign to Utopia ride that Marvel has tossed out.

The newest Anti Venom arc was cool.

Maximum Carnage is still my favorite Spiderman aside from symbiotes and clones.

Wolverine I've always liked, and recently collected the Old Man Logan run which was an interesting twist.

The Walking Dead line is from a comic published I don't think I listed. It's the Zombie survival horror-the zombie story that never ends!

And recently I started to follow the Mighty Avengers- I came around reluctantly- I've always liked Solo heroes before.

Infact it was Iron Man in charge that brought me in just to watch him fall from grace Sad Still a fun ride though,

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:33 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

There's good stuff to be found in any and all publishers, big and small. I don't have any favorites, although I guess I could be called a Marvel fan more than anything because I did grow up with those characters and not the DC ones.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quote  

I'm going to go with IDW because the only comic line I follow other than Star Wars is Ashley Wood's Zombies vs Robots and Zombies vs Robots vs Amazons. They have some really neat art, and I like the idea of zombies and robots fighting each other.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Will I be tarred and feathered if I admit that most everything I know about comic universes comes from movies and TV shows? I love stuff like Smallville, the Spider-Man movies, and the whole superhero genre, but I've never really picked up an actual comic book. I do know enough about them to know that they're much different from the film adaptations.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Will I be tarred and feathered if I admit that most everything I know about comic universes comes from movies and TV shows? I love stuff like Smallville, the Spider-Man movies, and the whole superhero genre, but I've never really picked up an actual comic book. I do know enough about them to know that they're much different from the film adaptations.

No it's just one more medium. I enjoy the redo comics but after a while it's hard to follow what's going on Smile

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Yeah, like the Superman comics. There are so many "ages" and everything that it's impossible to keep up. My favorite response when someone tells me that Smallville messes with Superman continuity: "Which one?" Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, like the Superman comics. There are so many "ages" and everything that it's impossible to keep up. My favorite response when someone tells me that Smallville messes with Superman continuity: "Which one?" Wink

PERFECT!!! Wink

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I didnt read comics...I just heard a LOT about them=p
And Ive watched every season of Xmen the animated series that ran on FoxKids...And I saw Xmen-Evolution...and the currently released Wolverine And the Xmen.

Though i personally like manga...And hav read tons of FMA and Naruto=)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was definitely a Marvel guy when I was younger. I haven't followed them much in years, but I had many of the original x-men, old spidey's, avengers, FF, etc. The x-men was definitely tops for me.

Unfortunately my collection was a collaborative effort between me and my uncle, who had a nasty heroin habit. Thus, when push came to shove and he needed cash, he sold all our comics when I was in school one day.

There was some valuable stuff too. An original Tarzan comic that cost like 10 or 15 cents(cover price).

I never really bought comics after that, but a couple of years ago I got a couple of the trade paperbacks covering the years where I really followed the x-men.

Now I am just confused when I see all the different x-men titles, so I haven't bothered trying to get caught up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

kurtdc wrote:

Unfortunately my collection was a collaborative effort between me and my uncle, who had a nasty heroin habit. Thus, when push came to shove and he needed cash, he sold all our comics when I was in school one day.

There was some valuable stuff too. An original Tarzan comic that cost like 10 or 15 cents(cover price).

That sucks! That had to have been heart wrenching!

Quote:

I never really bought comics after that, but a couple of years ago I got a couple of the trade paperbacks covering the years where I really followed the x-men.

Now I am just confused when I see all the different x-men titles, so I haven't bothered trying to get caught up.

They like Spiderman are like 5 versions all going on separate now days.

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
kurtdc wrote:

That sucks! That had to have been heart wrenching!

Quote:

They like Spiderman are like 5 versions all going on separate now days.

Yeah, heart wrenching doesn't even cover it. I remember a lot of crying and not really having the right person to vent on, cause he stayed away from my house for quite a while after that.

I have noticed a couple of the comic lines seem to have many offshoots. So I pretty much just stick with the star wars comics. Although I am open to the idea of getting more of the trade paperback/omnibus versions of the x-men.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The only Xmen I have is the new X Force, with Wolverine all Black ops team of mutants sent in to kill the mutant kind haters. It's such a brutal run.

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I looked up the X-Men comics a few days ago. Wow.....I couldn't even keep up with the condensed summaries! Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I looked up the X-Men comics a few days ago. Wow.....I couldn't even keep up with the condensed summaries! Smile

TPBs are your friend, for any and all series. I don't buy anything in single issue format anymore, even the series I consider the greatest comic to ever see print, Astro City, I only pick up in TPB format. The X-Men may seem daunting but if you do a little bit of research you'll find the TPBs you need to get for various points in their timeline.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 2