S2 - Episode 5: Landing at Point Rain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I really liked it, as the beginning of a four episode arc it was heavy on action and that's fine because in the next couple of eps they can get into the story. Only real negative was how the animated Ki-Adi, he looked terrible.

The real negative I feel will come next week, based on the preview I am dreading that episode. Nothing pisses me off more than the idea of them taking an established character like Barriss and dumbing her down so that Ahsoka can look better.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Jedi Joe wrote:
Meh episode. The action was AWESOME, but the story failed hard. Try again, Filoni.

Always so negative, Joe. Wink

And I agree that they build Ahsoka up as the best thing since sliced whatever the SW-equivelent of bread is. Not cool.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Bill Thompson wrote:
Only real negative was how the animated Ki-Adi, he looked terrible.

Yeah they totaly made him look bad. Plo looks sick, Ki looks like a fish....

Quote:

The real negative I feel will come next week, based on the preview I am dreading that episode. Nothing pisses me off more than the idea of them taking an established character like Barriss and dumbing her down so that Ahsoka can look better.

See for me I was stoked Barriss will be in it. 2 reasons:

1) I like Barriss.
2) They will now have a Barriss TCW action figure I can buy my daughter (they need more girl characters, and it's nice to "see" them on the shelves)

Now I will be right there with you when (Cough) i mean if they take her and dump on her EU background. but this is taking place before the Medstar books.

I hope Barriss makes Asohka look bad in the end.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

Doubt it. They like conferring incredible levels of awesomeness on Ahsoka. Very impressive for a 11/14 year old. Speaking of which, shouldn't they have cleared up how old she is by now? It's annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:

Doubt it. They like conferring incredible levels of awesomeness on Ahsoka. Very impressive for a 11/14 year old. Speaking of which, shouldn't they have cleared up how old she is by now? It's annoying.

True- but on the other hand- Ashokas dead sooner then all the other Jedi, so they do need to make us LIKE her in some form, though it appears they are failing Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Bill Thompson wrote:
I really liked it, as the beginning of a four episode arc it was heavy on action and that's fine because in the next couple of eps they can get into the story. Only real negative was how the animated Ki-Adi, he looked terrible.

Is it seriously gonna be a 4-parter? I remember Dave Filoni talked about there being one of those before Season 1 started, I was wondering what happened to it.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
Bill Thompson wrote:

Is it seriously gonna be a 4-parter? I remember Dave Filoni talked about there being one of those before Season 1 started, I was wondering what happened to it.

I know! I was stoked to hear that!

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I kept saying to my wife : this is the bugs planet- the Republic is full on invading! And they looked so undersuported.

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing My mom was majorly confused, too. She was like, "So, where are they?" "Geonosis, Ma. The arena? From AotC? Remember?" "Oh! Right. So....this is after that?" "Yeah, Ma, way after. This is the Clone Wars. Between AotC and RotS," "Oh. So, Yoda already fought Dooku?" "Yes, Ma. *sigh*"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Reepicheep wrote:
Bill Thompson wrote:

Yep, Leland Chee confirmed the other day that it will be a four parter. As a matter of fact, if not for him I would have missed this on Wednesday, Dish Network didn't change their schedule at all.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Laughing My mom was majorly confused, too. She was like, "So, where are they?" "Geonosis, Ma. The arena? From AotC? Remember?" "Oh! Right. So....this is after that?" "Yeah, Ma, way after. This is the Clone Wars. Between AotC and RotS," "Oh. So, Yoda already fought Dooku?" "Yes, Ma. *sigh*"

Laughing My family is even worse. I doubt they even know who Dooku is...

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Actually, at first she referred to him as "the Duke guy Yoda fought". After seeing my blank faced stare, she finally got it right. Wink

This coming from the woman who introduced me to SW. Alas, she doesn't know the prequels very well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:

Laughing My family is even worse. I doubt they even know who Dooku is...

I say Dooku and my Mom and Sister get sad- my Dog who passed away was the Duke of Earl and they would hear me call him Dooku and liked it not knowing it was SW.

-
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:08 pm Reply with quote  

I thought the episode was great. All the action really worked well. It made the episode seem longer than usual. Just so much imagery...certainly worth watching a couple more times to pick up the details you missed. I felt it was one of the best episodes yet. I really nice change of pace and style. No complaints here.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I thought the episode was great. All the action really worked well. It made the episode seem longer than usual. Just so much imagery...certainly worth watching a couple more times to pick up the details you missed. I felt it was one of the best episodes yet. I really nice change of pace and style. No complaints here.

Yeah for once my squirm worm son sat rampant in my lap and barley moved but asked all the appropriate questions for a 5 year old!

-
-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 3 of 4